Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GR-230 On Loox 600 - No Recognized Services Found :(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GR-230 On Loox 600 - No Recognized Services Found :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iecuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: GR-230 On Loox 600 - No Recognized Services Found :( Reply with quote

Guys,

I am new to the Bluetooth GPS scene and after looking around decided to go for a Holux GR-230 to go with my Loox 600 PDA.

I have installed all of the software (TomTom 3 and Holux GPS Viewer) but the task of connecting to the GPS has (so far) proven impossible.

I have gone through the Pocket Plugfree setup and can see the GPS adaptor in the devices list. I have bonded the device using a key I found online (6268 I think) however, I don't receive any messages regarding COM ports. I have tried selecting the device, only to be greeted with the following message:

"No recognized services found"

I have tried everything I can think of and read through everything I can find and am now at my wits end Sad I tried scanning all com ports at all baud rates with the GPSViewer software but without success.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

iecuk
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to do one step after the other. First Bluetooth, then GPS.

First task is tho connect the Pocket PC with the receiver's SPP (serial port profile) service. Bonding is nice, but it is optional.

When you discover the available services of te BT receiver from within your Pocket PC's BT Manager - what is offered? "Serial Port xyz"?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
iecuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin - Thanks for replying Smile

I was assuming the option to add it to the spp would appear under the list of services, however, when I try to view the available services through Pocket Plugfree (the FS Bluetooth Manager), I receive the error message "No recognized services found".

From what I can tell I have done everything in the right order (the bonding was just to try and get it working), so it's really got me puzzled.

Sad

Cheers,

iecuk
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your Loox recognize other BT devices? Can you try the BT receiver with a different PDA or PC?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
iecuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin - Thanks for getting back to me again.

I have just logged on to post and let you know I have succeeded Smile If I'm honest, I have no idea what I did to get it working, I just kept trying ("If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again...") and all of a sudden SPP showed up under services...

Suffice to say I'm over the moon that it seems to be working, after a bit of messing I seem to have it setup so that I can turn both the GPS and PDA on and off and re-establish the connection automatically (which is just what I wanted).

I have even been outside to give it a try with TomTom and have managed to get a fix Smile. I do have one more question though (which is more TomTom based than anything)... While testing outside I have used the "Tom Tom Wireless GPS" and "Emtac Wireless GPS" drivers under the TomTom GPS setup, as I could not see an option for the Holux GR-230. While both worked fine, I was just wondering if there is something I can do to install a "Holux GR-230" driver into TomTom and if so, whether it wil improve performance at all?

Thanks again for posting back to my question, ir is much appreciated Smile

Cheers,

iecuk
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the TomTom GPS settings. Normally you should not select a specific device, but stickl with the standard NMEA 38400 on COM Port 8: (or whatever your's is) . Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Eeyore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 'NMEA 0183v2 9600' and 'SPP slave-8774(SPP)' as settings in the TTN GPS-driver with my GR-230/LOOX600. This with WM2003 and TTN3.

8)
iecuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting back guys, I will give the NMEA settings a go.

Eeyore - Quick question - I have been trying to get hold of the WM2003 upgrade from FS but as of yet have had no luck (I can't find any retailers that stock it, and FS don't seem to distribute it anymore). Can I ask where you got it from and do you know if it's still available?

Thanks,

iecuk

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: