Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom for Palm Nightmare
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom for Palm Nightmare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kramaley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: TomTom for Palm Nightmare Reply with quote

OK, so I got TomTom Bluetooth for Palm. In fact, I even got the T3 just to run this app... and horror of horrors... it doesn't work!

I did the original install, synced up my Palm, installed some maps, and everything seemed OK... then I installed the 4.12 upgrade from the website and immediately got "Fatal Alert Fatal Exception" box requiring a soft reset.

OK... so I deleted the app and reinstalled the 4.10 version and it seemed to be working. So, I went outside to test the GPS and sure enough it all looked good. Then I shut down and went to sleep. The next morning first time I turned it on and tried to access Navigator, I got "Fatal Alert Fatal Exception" error again.

Since then I have tried hard resetting the palm, deleting all traces of the Palm and TomTom from my PC and re-installing from scratch. Now I always get the "Fatal Alert Fatal Exception" error whenever I try to run Navigator.

The only thing I've noticed is that the first time I try to install it to the palm there is an error in the HotSync log after Install To Card. It says:
HotSync Error: Unknown error. (F790)

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas? I just want this to work and am feeling way bummin.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like some files aren't installing correctly, perhaps to SD card, have you tried another SD card ?

Mike installed TTN for Palm OS on a T3 without problems, and wrote the whole review, he's currently on holiday taking a well deserved break, but I don't recall him having any problems with the T3, it ran quite smoothly, but that was using the quickstart card.
kramaley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... awesome reply.
I tried another SD Card and it in fact worked.
So does that mean the original SD card is bad? They both seem the same when read under Windows...
The vendor of the "bad" card has assured me 100% compatibility but obviously that did make a difference.
Any thoughts?
Thanks again for helping me diagnose.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a bad SD card, there's huge differences in the quality of SD cards, some perform faster than others, some are more suseptible to read/write errors.

The only other thing I would suggest is to go into the DELETE option on the T3 (top left) and see what applications you have installed. It maybe that if you have been installing lots of different utils/games that you may be low on memory and that can also be causing problems. Deleting some of these programs may also help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: