Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help Please!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Please!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chappy_uk_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Help Please!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi All
Great forum i've spent a couple of hours reading past posts and i think i know what i need but can someone advise me on the gps reciever i should pick . I trawled the net looking for the best price and this is what i came up with but you have to pick a reciver from a choice of four .

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/viewprod.php?product_id=678&PHPSESSID=7ebb1047a535136e25a5fa74b78b304a

I would mainly use the equipment in the car but hopefully with software from here i would use it out walking as i do a bit of camping now and then .
All help would be greatly appreciated and i thank all who took time to read in advance . As i know that newbies questions get a bit tedious .
Yours aye Tony
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

I have the Fortuna clip-on and can thouroughly recommend it. Have never lost a fix (except in tunnels and under larger bridges) and it comes bundled with good accessories (belt-clip, car charger, home charger, usb charger, neck strap and belt clip). The USB charger lead can also be plugged into the Arkon powered mount, so you would only have the one lead to the cigarette lighter. I don't know if the other GPS units mentioned have USB chargers or not.

Good luck and have fun with your new toy. Thumbs Up
twotonemark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving Another happy Fortuna clip-on customer here. I've had mine only little while and previous had a wired GPS solution. I love have a BT solution now and the Fortuna is great.

Mark.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: