Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - bluetooth bluetooth bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

bluetooth bluetooth bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lif3mouldnn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: bluetooth bluetooth bluetooth Reply with quote

Hello I'mm pretty new to all this, so please ignore my ignorance.

Recently I purchased an Ipaq 2210 and a bluetooth gps unit (Clipon). They work great, i'm very impressed and so is the missus!!

I have a sony t68i phone and purchased a parrot ck3000 bluetooth handsfree kit, again this works has advertised, very impressive. I borrowed my wifes Sonyt610 ( she doesnt like it so uses a nokia pnone with BIG keys I hate the nokia, and it doesnt have bluetooth, but each to their own. Again the T610 works great with the car kit, I had it registered setup for GPRS and it now downloads traffic info for the tomtom s/w again very please works great, most of the time.

However this where my stupidity really kicks in. I assume that BT phone BT handsfree kit BT ipaq, means integrated system all working together.

Simply what I expected was
1) Listen to car stereo radio/cd/mp3 ( ihave an mp3 player not from
ipaq) phone rings stereo mutes answer call spek sound through car stereo my voice relayed through carkit microphone, finish call back to stereo. This part works as expected if not better because i can say a magic word and the name i wish to call and it des it for me, very impressive.

2) listen to car stereo tomtom gives a voice instruction stereo mutews sound through the handsfree kit, instruction ends back to stereo. No chance apparently the ipaq does not have an handsfree profile built in. Can yu beleive this, I cant. However after trawling through the net i find that you can enable an handsfree profile by tweakin the registry. Have done this paired the ipaq with the parrot and guess what? Still doesnt work. the stereo mutes beeps then approx 3 sec later does the same again and continues to do this. I have read somewhere that it means the Ipaq or handsfree kit needs to answer, howevr i dont know how to. Also I f i did know how to presumably that would mean the parrot was on all the time, and I wouldnt be able to listen to the stereo, sure I could listen to some mp3's from the ipaq, but these would only be in mono and sound crap.

Also it appears that I cant have my T610 doing the gprs for trafffic update (Bt to ipaq) and normal phone calls to handsfree kit because the phone only supports 1 bt connection at any one time. Therefore I have 2 phones in the car t610 for gprs traffic update and t68i for nrmal calls.

If i'm wrong about any of the above or if anyone can offer advice I would be most gateful. If anyone has tried getting the sounds from ipaq through a parrot or anyother BT phone kit please let me know how you got on even if you failed like me.

Apologies for the rant As you probably tell I'm happy with my setup, I just want it to be properly integrated. When you buy kit that says bluetooth is it too much to ecpect it to work with other bluetooth equipment in a logical way.

Regards Nigel.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know the is no phone that will allow a gprs download at the same time as a voice call even the xda2 wont do it sorry but i can help with the other problems but i dont think it will work and havent seen anyone one here thats done it ipaq via bt to sterio though i think qbit have something that could help

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Rany
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your dilemma - I have a similar one one to confirm before i make a purchase.

For me - having the PDA sound go through the parrot handsfree is not something I want as I want to be able to have my music playing without being interrupted by voice navigation command every 30 seconds - so my choice is the Arkon powered mount so my PDA has its own speakers and volume and my radio continues with its.

My main query is regards the Nokia 6310i phone only able to have one simultaneous BT connection - what I want to be able to do is use the PDA contacts to select a contact and choose Dial via bluetooth - this will then initiate the call on my phone - and then I want the phone to be connected to the parrot BT handsfree to actually carry out the call.

Is this possible? Because the PDA will be connected to the phone to initiate the call but then can disconnect and the phone and parrot can now be connected? Will this happen automatically or will this not work?
I can't test it cos I havent purchased the parrot yet - any idea?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at a similar setup and decided that the bluetooth car kit was not going to work. Unless you have multiple phones of different makes that are going to use the bluetooth car kit, you are better off getting the Nokia hard wired car kit.

With most bluetooth car kits, they are only operating as a hands free device and do not allow the connection of an external aerial and do not power the phone.

You may also want to check whether the bluetooth allows only one session or one device. If you have a bluetooth dial-up networking session established for GPRS, will the PDA allow the suspension of the GPRS call to initiate a voice call?

Also why not just copy your PDA contacts directory to your 6310i via bluetooth and use single button dialling from the phone? It is a lot easier and safer whilst driving than fiddling around with the PDA.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: