Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 930T Unboxing & Comparisons With 720T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 930T Unboxing & Comparisons With 720T
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Cheers

Tried all those earlier,

I am off to work now so will have to leave it till tomorrow morning now, will give it another go then
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For when you get back vicki...

Are you sure there's a specific problem with Mapshare and your new 930? Isn't it just that Mapshare isn't working, full stop?

Can you double confirm the model number?
You said Go930T: 4ch9.000.

Just I've never seen them use lower case letters before. The number style has always been like this:
GO920: 4M00.900
Go 910: 4V00.910
One "3rd Ed" (Regional): 4N01.001
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys Im getting my 930 on Monday if I have the problems Vicky is having Im just wondering if to send the unit back to where it came from. Or do you think its because the 930 is not on the home dock yet.

With the tts voices , I have no idea why they did not come with the 930,do you think Vicky has just got a faulty unit from the start. when I get mine I will post my findings on here as well. but before I update anything on home (if I do????) I will try the unit as its just come out of the box and in raw mode thou with vickys tts files and decide what to do from there.

But reading Vickys comments about it not showing up as a 930 on the home dock , , im just wondering if the tom tom home is different for each country for each unit for the 930.

As the software is the same as in the 920 apart from nav 8 , im also gettiing mine from the same source as Vicky. fingers crossed, I will be roadtesting mine on Monday when it turns up. and decide then if its on the road back to where the unit comes from or on the road in my car.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unit not working correctly with TT Home is more likely to be the TT server not up to speed with the new devices yet.
The missing TS voices seem strange the retail x20 units were shipped with a disk containing the other foreign language files, should a user want to use them. Perhaps TomTom have moved away from supplying the disk at all with the x30. I can certainly understand why a device intended for sale in France hasn't got the UK TTS files built in though, these files take up considerable space if they are all loaded, but to not supply them at all isn't very good.
Your last paragraph is very wrong, the 920 and 930 are the same in terms of hardware, but the software including the maps is completely different - Mike
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanx for the reply , one thing I have just thought of is , how come the box is in english and not french , which Im wondering is , is it the same unit for this country or different countrys. Will know more on monday
Smartdriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjdj1689 wrote:
But reading Vickys comments about it not showing up as a 930 on the home dock , , im just wondering if the tom tom home is different for each country for each unit for the 930.

This happens on the 920 with the latest V7.84x firmware. It's OK with V7.221 though. It's also interesting to note that none of the device pages shown have the 'Accounts' tab in the bottom centre of the screen. Again something else that works properly with V7.221 and not the later versions.

TT Go 6000
Previous Go 920T
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002

Sorry it should have been GO930 (4CH9.000)

mjdj1689

which Im wondering is , is it the same unit for this country or different countrys

There are couple of printed addendum sheets inside in French, everything else in English
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Missing Feature on TT 930 V 8.002

Spoken Address & Spoken Address (Dialogue) are both now greyed out on the 930

So no Navigate to spoken address, I know it tended to be a love it or hate it feature, but I did use it so a little miffed to find it missing on the 930!!!

Mapshre is now working on last connection it downloaded 2850 updates and is now showing as up to date

The problems getting my phone to reconnect to it have now been sorted, it was a problem with duplicate accounts for multiple devices, now I have moved the 930 to an account on its own it works fine
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicky wrote:
Another Missing Feature on TT 930 V 8.002

Spoken Address & Spoken Address (Dialogue) are both now greyed out on the 930

This is possibly due to the issue you had with no TTS voice. Have a look in the ASR directory for any files with ENG or eng in them. If TTS voices weren't provided, maybe the ASR ones weren't, either.
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim

you could be right, I have had to bodge my TTS by copying over the TTS Folder from my 920 the files are in a different format and layout on the 930 so could not just copy over the UK voices,

It is working for TTS but may well have messed up the voce recognition, I have also copied over the folder you mentioned so that did not fix it

figure I will just have to wait till someone with a UK 930 can supply me with the correct voice folder, or if and when TT support can figure out how I can download it!
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a very wierd anomoly in the IQ Routing on the M1

When planning a route from anywhere in the North to London

(This is wth TMC & Traffic disabled so it is not taking account of any traffic incidents)

Using Weekend IQ plans the route correctly and sends you straight down the M1

Using Weekday IQ it plans the route bringing you off the M1 at Jnc 23 sends your round the side roads and routes back on the M1 at the next junction, I hope this is not indicative of IQ performance !!

Here are some grabs

Plus a very blurry youtube video showing the issues and the Lane Change Screens (Sorry really poor quality)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YMxQI7Fislg
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, if Tomtom have used user-supplied data which shows that using the M1 between those junctions is slower, IQ routes is doing its job, isn't it?

What we really need is hourly IQ routing, not daily routing.
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
The thing is, if Tomtom have used user-supplied data which shows that using the M1 between those junctions is slower, IQ routes is doing its job, isn't it?

What we really need is hourly IQ routing, not daily routing.

Totally agree, there is a bit of a difference on the M1 between 5am and 5pm on the same day

I think the IQ Routing will be a bit of a red herring, what worries me is when we get all sorts of competeing data. IQ Routing and HD Traffic I have a horrible feeling trying to get a true picture of whats ahead could get awfully muddled

Just look at it now, wizzing down the M1 get an odd routing like this, you are second geussing is it a traffic problem pulling me off the main route? I think you are are going to spend more time making judgment calls than ever before. but I will reserve judgment till I have put a few K miles on it this week
pushandpull
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Vicky.

What will happen if IQ takes you off the Motorway between point "A" and point "B" and then HD says that the alternative is Blocked/Busy/Slow/Whatever?

Will HD put you back on the Motorway because it is in fact clear at that time or will it take you farther afield?

I am moving over to the faction that says wait six months 'till these things come to light and get sorted.

In the meantime keep up the good work testing for us Vicky and keep us informed!

.....Ken

TT940 Live TTG920T, TTG700, TTG Classic, Nuvi1410
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading Vickys comments I am thinking of returning mine tomo the same day I get it (mines also from France) and wait for the uk version to come out, had I have known that the 930 did not have english voices I would not touch it.

Does anyone know when the english region version of the 930 is out I know its the end of April but that does not say much really.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: