Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map of Western Europe v7.10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map of Western Europe v7.10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NukeThemAll
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The W&CE map is supposedly more detailed than the WE mapset (I recall a thread discussing how the previous version of the WE map had been 'simplified' to fit on a 1Gb card). Yes, if you go to TomTom's website and it thinks you have a TT1 (and quite a few other devices) it won't show the W&CE map as a viable choice. Pretending your device is a 920 will show the choice.

Another thread discussed which map is compatible with which device and as I recall this W&CE map would certainly work on my TT1.

Yes, right, problem is, if the W&CE map can only be downloaded **and installed** via TTHome, which knows I have a TT1.....er, how do I acquire said map?
madou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NukeThemAll wrote:
Yes, right, problem is, if the W&CE map can only be downloaded **and installed** via TTHome, which knows I have a TT1.....er, how do I acquire said map?

Good point ! Home does not seem to check for the amount of memory you have installed, but rather the amount of memory that came with the device from the factory

I have installed a 2GB SD in addition to the on board 720 memory. Is this just additive, or is there still some switch between inbuilt and SD ?
Scainer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With an SD card installed, connect to HOME and it'll give you the option of which memory location to use.

Select the SD card and then install you chosen map.

Once you load up the tomtom, all the maps are shown regardless of location.
Jonny_doe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought this map , and installed it , and i'm dissapointed to see that this map still hasn't had the road changes in the center of Bristol (due to a new shopping center ) , but with my friends Rider with map 675 (navteq) it's all been changed .... Looks like i've bought the wrong map Sad
iyad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed something, I have had my 720 much more than the 30 days and still being offered by Home to upgrade for free, not sure why?

Still having the same problem as Scainer that after installing it on 720 it will not run and will only get Canary Islands map only.
marshall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

For what its worth i used my latest map option and bingo the second time i tried it downloaded and installed to my 520

can't say I have seen any difference but i suppose it has some differences????

marshall
duckie008
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iyad wrote:
Just noticed something, I have had my 720 much more than the 30 days and still being offered by Home to upgrade for free, not sure why?

Still having the same problem as Scainer that after installing it on 720 it will not run and will only get Canary Islands map only.

You need to go into 'Manage Maps' and change to Europe.
iyad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckie008 wrote:
iyad wrote:

Duckie, I did that the only map was showing is Canary Islands eventhough the Western and Central Europe maps have been downloaded and installed
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the map folder using Windows Explorer and see if there is a file with the extension of .dct in the folder, if it is missing your map needs activation, for this you will need to contact TomTom support (0845 161 0009) - Mike
duckie008
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iyad wrote:
duckie008 wrote:
iyad wrote:

Duckie, I did that the only map was showing is Canary Islands eventhough the Western and Central Europe maps have been downloaded and installed

You do mean Western Europe maps, not Central Europe?

Well, after mine downloaded and installed, i could only see the Canary Islands too. But when i went into 'change preferences', 'manage maps', i could see both Canary and Europe maps.So i chose Europe and it worked fine. Did you delete the old map before installing the new one?
rockie67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a tomtom 910 at the end of october.It has version 6.6 maps on it.Does this mean i will have to purchase v7.10 maps.If so is there any differance.Should i just stick with the maps i have.Does anybody have any idea why i cant see the speed cameras on the maps.Could it be something to do with not have the latest maps installed.
duckie008
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockie67 wrote:
I bought a tomtom 910 at the end of october.It has version 6.6 maps on it.Does this mean i will have to purchase v7.10 maps.If so is there any differance.Should i just stick with the maps i have.Does anybody have any idea why i cant see the speed cameras on the maps.Could it be something to do with not have the latest maps installed.

If you bought your maps at the end of Oct then you should be under the new map guarantee. Go into Home, plug in device, and click on File, map guarantee. It will tell you whether you are entitled
iyad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have a look at the map folder using Windows Explorer and see if there is a file with the extension of .dct in the folder, if it is missing your map needs activation, for this you will need to contact TomTom support (0845 161 0009) - Mike

Mike
I do have the activation file .dct in the folder
iyad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckie008 wrote:
iyad wrote:
duckie008 wrote:
iyad wrote:

You do mean Western Europe maps, not Central Europe?

Well, after mine downloaded and installed, i could only see the Canary Islands too. But when i went into 'change preferences', 'manage maps', i could see both Canary and Europe maps.So i chose Europe and it worked fine. Did you delete the old map before installing the new one?

Duckie

I only see Canary and no other maps there under manage maps. The name of the new map is Western and Central Europe
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you write down/ post the full file name of the dct file? - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: