Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6/7 Digit postcode search not working after 3.2 upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6/7 Digit postcode search not working after 3.2 upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has found all my test postcodes. If there are any that yours doesn't respond to, post them here and I will check them out.

Sal
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
It has found all my test postcodes. If there are any that yours doesn't respond to, post them here and I will check them out.

Sal

When i had the ppc maps loaded and not the old ones, for example, Bs34 7ra didnt exist. Now it does...

Paul
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal

There are some job vacancies on the Mio web site - do us all a big favour and apply - that way we will know there is at least one person who knows what her doing and all your great work could be officially adopted - maybe you might even get to meet Thomas

Wink Laughing
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - but the only reason I could suggest this way out was because someone else had mentioned the 7pcc file. Otherwise I wouldn't have known it was available. It shows how important the forum is and how everyone should contribute what thay have found.
It's probably better if I don't meet Thomas because it might upset someone else!

Sal
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to this, what was a PERFECTLY stable system crashed twice on the way into work this morning, and having replaced tho iGO.db file with the original to allow me to pick up the Speed camera database from their site it doesnt allow me to sync.

I might have to re-install from Dvd and then upgrade again. Need it for the weekend though, so i'll be able to give a more accurate report on Sunday/Monday.....
ticklepin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Confirm full post code search restored by reinstalling maps Reply with quote

Updated my Mio 710 Wednesday 11/10/06.
Interrupted by server failure, but after several retries ultimately received successful download confirmation.

GB postcode search now down to the 5 figure waste of time;
also strange lockups whilst trying to find French locations.

Following advice on this thread re-inserted GB map from disc (Jun/07/06)
Joy! Full post code search restored. (GB map now 2006.01+)
Reinsert France map from disc – joy – no lockups. (France map 2006.01)
An inaccuracy of the original mapping known to me had not been corrected in the updated map so perhaps we are not missing much!
APMorton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK can someone explain this.
I updated to 3.2 on wednesday and had the post code problem, followed sally's advice and copied the renamed andora file to the device tried the update again but it said no update available. I deleted the gb maps from the device and reinstalled the original maps from the CD. Did the update still had the post code problem. Deleted the maps from the device , re-loaded it from the cd and.................I now have version 3.2 maps with 7 digit post code. what is going on here i don't understand.
Confused
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APMorton wrote:
I updated to 3.2 on wednesday and had the post code problem, followed sally's advice and copied the renamed andora file to the device tried the update again but it said no update available. I deleted the gb maps from the device and reinstalled the original maps from the CD. Did the update still had the post code problem. Deleted the maps from the device , re-loaded it from the cd and.................I now have version 3.2 maps with 7 digit post code. what is going on here i don't understand.
Confused

That's disappointing. It worked for me straight off, and also for someone else who sent me a personal mail this morning. It's hard to see how you got the 'no update available' message unless either the file name wasn't correct - greatbritain7ppc.fbl - or the file is no longer on Mio's server. I don't suppose you could try it again?
The reason you are getting 7-figure postcodes working again is because you have the old GB file.

Has anyone else tried this yet?

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APMorton wrote:
I updated to 3.2 on wednesday and had the post code problem, followed sally's advice and copied the renamed andora file to the device tried the update again but it said no update available.

You are quite right. I cannot get it to download now either. It looks very much as if the file has been removed from the server. I wonder if someone is watching us?

Sal
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
APMorton wrote:
Confused

That's disappointing. It worked for me straight off, and also for someone else who sent me a personal mail this morning. It's hard to see how you got the 'no update available' message unless either the file name wasn't correct - greatbritain7ppc.fbl - or the file is no longer on Mio's server. I don't suppose you could try it again?
The reason you are getting 7-figure postcodes working again is because you have the old GB file.

Has anyone else tried this yet?

Sal

Followed your instructions, to the letter, and downloaded the GB7PPC file from the server - so it was there this morning.

Have the full 7 digits work as expected - still no response to email to mio support.
APMorton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the swift reply Sal. I just tried again but still no good, "no update required".
But how come i have the new maps now, i know they are new as we've had a major road development here in the las 6 months that wasn't on the old map but it is most definately there now.

Adrian.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APMorton wrote:
Thanks for the swift reply Sal. I just tried again but still no good, "no update required".
But how come i have the new maps now, i know they are new as we've had a major road development here in the las 6 months that wasn't on the old map but it is most definately there now.
Adrian.

It looks like the opportunity has gone now, but at least it worked for a few people this morning.
Are you able to look in the \maps folder in your Mio? If you can check the size of the 'greatbritain.fbl' file that will tell us which version you now have.

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the three known versions of the GB map, with their sizes as shown by Windows Explorer:

92,508 kB - original map 'greatbritain.fbl' supplied on CD with Miomap 3.1. Has full postcodes.

85,106 kB - new map 'greatbritain.fbl' downloaded with Miomap 3.2 upgrade. Has 3/4 digit postcodes only.

93,845 kB - new map 'greatbritain7ppc.fbl' downloaded with some Miomap 3.2 upgrades, apparently no longer available. Has full postcodes.

The file dates as shown by Explorer are not meaningful.

Hope this helps.

Sal
buslouch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mio-tech.be/updates/miomap/maps/greatbritain7ppc.fbl

Seems to be still available....
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a chance to connect via bluetooth. All the maps in the maps folder have the date I did the update, 07/10/2006, except WestEUMajor which is 36022727 dated 16/05/2006.

The gb file is greatbritain7ppc.fbl and is 96096946 - as far as I can tell I have 7 digit postcodes working. But the file *may* have been downloaded on the 6th - I had several attempts. There is no othe gb file on the device.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: