Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade will be on a new SD card so will not affect your current installation. In fact you can switch between the two simply by swapping SD cards.

The Speed camera database should be copied into the GreatBritain map folder as with the current version, dont forget to copy the bmp files as well.

If you copy your current custom POIs to your computer both the OV2 and BMP files you can then copy these to the GB map folder.
Chig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom seem to be having some problems with their website today; I keep getting error messages. I'm trying to purchase the map upgrade but everytime I click on the "proceed to checkout" button I get an error message.

Notice: Undefined property: intDbROHandle in /home/www/library/mssql.php on line 306

Notice: Undefined property: intDbROHandle in /home/www/library/mssql.php on line 306

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/library/mssql.php:306) in /home/www/tomtom.com/shop/newbibit.php on line 220

Any ideas:?
HOG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it with firewall off and on and used a different browser. Still same error. I then used my sons computer running same firewall by the way and OS and it went through OK.

When checking my order status I have 5 orders at status new and one at status warehouse.

TT assure me I will only be billed for one order
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got same problem as you had, then tried the firewall off.
Went ok !!

I also have 3 orders, but TT also told me the 2 would be removed soon.
DocL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Map Upgrades Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:

I have just had confirmation from TomTom that if you have the Maps of Western Europe (NOT the Major Roads of Europe) then you only need to upgrade the Maps of Western Europe for €59 plus shipping.

This will give you all the features in the single country maps including the "PLUS" maps with the integrated Major Roads of Europe.

Thanks Mike, you saved me from asking the same thing.

It makes a single country upgrade on SD card look bloomin' expensive in comparison to the 17 countries "PLUS" maps upgrade for 59€!
JohnBoy59
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£61 is one hell of a lot of money when you consider my Go is only 2 months old... :x Evil or Very Mad
ATman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: 300 and Maps of Europe Reply with quote

Have read this post with interest and confusion so advice most welcome from 'you-in-the-know'

I want a Tom Tom 300 and maps including Spain & France (so probably the whole of what was MoWE)

Buy now, wait a few weeks or what?? Crying or Very sad

Must be up and running for July.

Cheers

A
HOG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBoy59 wrote:
£61 is one hell of a lot of money when you consider my Go is only 2 months old... :x Evil or Very Mad

mine is only a month old, but realise this is a wortwhile update. you can always stay at 4.42 and not upgrade
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 and Maps of Europe Reply with quote

ATman wrote:
Have read this post with interest and confusion so advice most welcome from 'you-in-the-know'

I want a Tom Tom 300 and maps including Spain & France (so probably the whole of what was MoWE)

Buy now, wait a few weeks or what?? Crying or Very sad

Must be up and running for July.

Cheers

A

The 300 should be out any day now. We picked up one from the TomTom offices last Friday. If the 300 is what you want then GO for it. I would have thought the maps of western Europe would be out by summer. No inside knowledge though.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOG wrote:
JohnBoy59 wrote:

mine is only a month old, but realise this is a wortwhile update. you can always stay at 4.42 and not upgrade

You can still stick with the 4.x maps but upgrade the application to 5.0 so you get the benefit of most of the extra functionality for no extra cost.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Map Upgrades Reply with quote

DocL wrote:
MikeB wrote:

I have just had confirmation from TomTom that if you have the Maps of Western Europe (NOT the Major Roads of Europe) then you only need to upgrade the Maps of Western Europe for €59 plus shipping.

This will give you all the features in the single country maps including the "PLUS" maps with the integrated Major Roads of Europe.

Thanks Mike, you saved me from asking the same thing.

It makes a single country upgrade on SD card look bloomin' expensive in comparison to the 17 countries "PLUS" maps upgrade for 59€!

This is true except that you will have already spent over £100 on the maps of Europe, and it is cheaper to produce CDs than it is SD cards.
Aquanick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Price of TTGO map update..... Reply with quote

Hi all

For those of you who are unhappy about paying the price for the map updates I have one thing to say....

EBAY IS YOUR FREIND Wink

Nick
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Price of TTGO map update..... Reply with quote

Aquanick wrote:
Hi all

For those of you who are unhappy about paying the price for the map updates I have one thing to say....

EBAY IS YOUR FREIND Wink

Nick

Not quite sure what you are getting at here Nick.

Surely an upgrade for €69 or about £40 is cheaper than anyone selling it on ebay.

If on the other hand you are talking about copied data. We do not condone illegal software distribution. And even if anyone was tempted to try it the maps would still need to be activated by TomTom, and guess what, without a proper proof of purchase they will not activate you.

This is clearly a case of buyer beware
Aquanick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I aint too sure wot it is that is being sold on ebay......but their are people selling SD cards pre-loaded with v5 software and the new maps
If these people have bought the upgrade from tomtom, registered it with their own activation code and then coppied the entire card to a blank SD card I see no reason why it should not work. So I dont think the maps will need to be activated by TomTom coz they will have already been done.
So yea it probably aint strictly legal.......but wot tomtom is doing shouldnt be allowed.....how many people bought their tomtom just a few weeks ago and are now finding they need to spend more money on bringing thier GO up to date........not really fair is it.

The cards are for sale at anywhere between £20 to £40.
Dunno where you got your official upgrade cost from either......the price is around £60 when the shipping cost is added on.

I will not be spending out on the TomTom Upgrade as I am very doughtfull that the mapping now provided will be much better than the old version, which I have found to be very inacurate and I have used it up and down the country.........might have a punt at trying the EBAY ones though ;)

Nick
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquanick wrote:
Hi

I aint too sure wot it is that is being sold on ebay......but their are people selling SD cards pre-loaded with v5 software and the new maps
If these people have bought the upgrade from tomtom, registered it with their own activation code and then coppied the entire card to a blank SD card I see no reason why it should not work. So I dont think the maps will need to be activated by TomTom coz they will have already been done.
So yea it probably aint strictly legal.......but wot tomtom is doing shouldnt be allowed.....how many people bought their tomtom just a few weeks ago and are now finding they need to spend more money on bringing thier GO up to date........not really fair is it.

The cards are for sale at anywhere between £20 to £40.
Dunno where you got your official upgrade cost from either......the price is around £60 when the shipping cost is added on.

I will not be spending out on the TomTom Upgrade as I am very doughtfull that the mapping now provided will be much better than the old version, which I have found to be very inacurate and I have used it up and down the country.........might have a punt at trying the EBAY ones though ;)

Nick

Well Nick if you want to get conned by these guys that is your perogative. I expect that this will be pirated maps. Even if they have been activated on the machines that they are using create these SDs which is probably the only way they could do this it still will not help you. The SD will NOT work in your GO.

Each map is activated to a specific GO not SD. So as I say Buyer Beware

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 5 of 22

Jump to: