Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database Reply with quote

You could purchase TomTom Navigator and use our plug-in database, or for speed cameras, there is TrafCam reviewed here on the website. You won't be able to use SmartST Pro and TrafCam at the same time though.
andy thomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database Reply with quote

I am sure I am being thick here so bear with me please.

Can I use the database with just tom tom navigator?

The reason I ask is because I followed the download procedures (twice) but when i go to open up the POI i cannot see the Pocket gps...... poi.

I have an Ipaq 3850 and TTN v1

any help is apreciated

thanks guys
Dave
Frequent Visitor

You can Andy, but you won't be alerted to cameras, you'll just see them in Map view. If you extract the contents of the .zip file and place them into the Great Britain directory or city directory that you're using with TomTom Navigator. Then you'll need to run up TomTom Navigator on the Navigator screen, tap and go into MORE then PROPERTIES, and you'll get another screen with options pop up.   The very last tab on this screen has POI information, goto this tab, scroll down until you see the Pocket GPS entry and select this, then OK. This will enable the database within TomTom Navigator.
andy thomas
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

I have followed your instructions (sort of)

If I look in th file explorer folder

under storage card i see "Great Britain navigator File"

I can see the 2 pocketgps files 1 is 150b the other 42.2K

I start up TT and go into navigator page and tap to get to the navigator menu.

I then tap navigator properties then tap other properties

then POI.

But I still cant find it in the poi.

Any Ideas ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Hmm, the file sizes sound correct and they are in the right location. In TTNav | POI, scroll down the list of Points of Interest, you should see 'POCKETGPS UK SC' as an option? If you do, tick the nox nect to it and it should appear on the map.
andy thomas
Occasional Visitor

Fraid not

when I scroll down the poi its definately not there

when i do a file explore and go into great britain navigator i see a whole list of files ( including the pocket gps files) I also see a poi file of 1.5m

should i have put the gps files in that location? or just as it is

thanks
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

This is probably far too late and - moreover - much too much work, but I figured I'd ask anyhow...

I don't suppose there are any plans to break the POI database down by speed limit, so that checkPOInt can alert intelligently? This is where I wish you could sub-categorise POIs in TTN...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

There is, but we won't have a complete database within a short period of time.
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

Cool. If you need a hand with any of it.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Quote:

Originally posted by andy thomas on 23 April 2003when I scroll down the poi its definately not there when i do a file explore and go into great britain navigator i see a whole list of files ( including the pocket gps files) I also see a poi file of 1.5m should i have put the gps files in that location?

Andy, the two POI files (the data and the POI icon) should be IN the map directory, so in your case they should be within the Great_Britain_Navigator folder not at the same level as the folder if that makes sense

You'll know they are in the correct folder if you can see CLINE, CNAME & CNODE files, these are the map data files.
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

Hi Darren,

It seems I am having exactly the same problem here as Andy, both files have been copied to the correct directory and are showing there along with the files you indicated, but when I go to POI to activate them they are not in the list!

Best regards David
nicknick
Regular Visitor

I assume you haven't installed two map chunks (e.g. big one in SD, small one in main memory)

In which case you will need to copy to more than one location i.e in the map folder in "My Documents" as well as the one on the SD

NN

Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

Hi NickN

Nope, the whole GB map is on one CF card, and there is no box to tick in the POI activate menu of the GPS safety camera within TT2 either.

Best regards David
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Have you closed TTN down using Exit at the bottom of the File menu? TTN will only find the new overlays when you relaunch it. If TTN is closed down completely then the GPS icon at the bottom righthand corner of the PocketPC screen should disappear as well.

Richard
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

Indeed it does work now, thanks Richard.

Best regards David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 5 of 22

Jump to: