Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My TomTom 730T switches off & on by it self
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My TomTom 730T switches off & on by it self
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a fairly quick response from TT and they enabled my TT Home account (after the usual hurdles of copy of invoice, serial number etc) to update the new TT GO 920. Installed maps (720) and v8.3.

Gave the device a tough etst with a trip from Colchester to Amstrerdam to Brussels to Colchester. I used TMC and bluetooth, receiving a number of calls whilst on the move.

No real problems otehr than a reboot whilct in the Leopold tunnel in Brussels. Device restarted quickly (volume reset itself to 100%!) but no reports of file errors.

Have to say I was impressed with TMC. Cool It diverted me around Antwerp as it reported up to 45 min delays. The route it took me was empty and I joined the normal route just 200 metres before the end of the queue. It was a major accident with cranes, cutting gear, police and fire in attendance. There must have been major delays.

Got another big trip in three weeks, but overall initial feelings are that the problem has been fixed for me. I have seen some reports of issues with v8.3 but I will wait and see as I still have over 6 months on my warranty.

I may upgrade to the 815 maps as well.
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following the upgrade to Navcore 8.3 and WE Maps 815 all the reload problems appear to have been fixed. Just completed a 500 mile round trip with no reloads or crashes. I was running RDS-TMC, BT handsfree (took a number of calls) and FM radio playing MP3 files with no problems. Very Happy

As reported in a number of other threads the stuttering voice and slow refresh problems have been introduced. Sad

On reflection, I am happier with the stuttering voice and slow refresh problem as at least I know my GO920 is working Razz
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: