Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MioMap v3.2 is available for download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MioMap v3.2 is available for download
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anybody please tell me if I can upgrade to the V3.2. At the moment I am running V2 on a Typhoon 3500 go, changed to the Mio286 as nothing seems to be coming out for the older GPS.
many thanks in advance
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phulatt wrote:
Hi, thought I'd post a few more observations on the 3.2 update.

The TMC information screen is much better now actually displaying the road each traffic event is on rather than just the junction, there is also alot more information for each event, good stuff.

The speeding warnings now work when they are enabled so no more "You are over the speed limit" when you're doing over 46mph on the motorway!

This also works with speed cameras to so if you approach a speed camera above the speed limit you will get an alarm until you reduce speed. When you are not above the speed limit the Mio just beeps as you approach the camera. There are a couple of small display issues related to speed cameras. For instance, the display of speed for a speed camera seems to be incorrect as it displays limit 80 (kph) for a 50 speed limit camera. For Specs, it displays the incorrect (kph) limit as you approach the camera, but when you enter the zone it displays the correct limit but with your average speed calculation displayed in KPH!

A few little bugs to sort out there but nothing major as from an audible point of view it is working as it should which is the main thing. Now we just need to have all the speed cameras from the PGSW database with directions on and we'll be laughing.

Paul

Yes, there was an irritating issue where telling the system to use miles/yards & MPH, not everything was converted.

I had exactly the same problem with the "you are over the speed limit" message because if you wanted a 10% tolerance for MPH, you had to convert to km/h in the calculation and set the tolerance to about 70%.

This issue has been addressed.

However, speed cameras still appear to be displayed in km/h.

Every system has its own little quirks!!

It may not give you the fastest, shortest or best route - but at least with a Sat Nav system, you'll never get completely lost.

Having used several Sat Nav systems since they were first introduced, I think it's fair to say that we may have grumbles but with the Mio products, you get a hell of a lot for the money compared with other manufacturers.
booyoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Backing up the 3.2 update.. Reply with quote

For those who asked about saving the downloads, I found it is stored on the 'cache' folder under c:\program files\mio technology\miomap v3 updater\

Cheers
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Backing up the 3.2 update.. Reply with quote

booyoo wrote:
For those who asked about saving the downloads, I found it is stored on the 'cache' folder under c:\program files\mio technology\miomap v3 updater\
Cheers

So it is. Well spotted!

Sal
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Backing up the 3.2 update.. Reply with quote

booyoo wrote:

Cheers

This what I like about this forum - always someone prepared to help - thanks.
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alangunn wrote:
Only had my c210 3 week's and just updated it to 3.2 this morning but i can't see any difernce in it.
It said voices when updating but no new vioces in it now.
That was what i wanted somthing outher than Thomas Laughing Out Loud any idea how i can put any more on this.
Thank's
Alan.

If you want a female UK voice then there is one available on this forum - search for phillipa and you should find her!!!!

http://my.pdamill.com/igo/voices/

I suspect it's really sallyanne's voice but she is too shy to admit it Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernest_mio wrote:
I suspect it's really sallyanne's voice but she is too shy to admit it Laughing Laughing Laughing

I've said it before but I think Thomas's voice is really suave and sexy. He would make a good James Bond.

Sal
bigrids
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: 3.2 upgrade Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just thought I'd add my two penneth worth to this ever increasing subject.

The biggest change I've noticed on my 510 is the facility now to navigate to a house number in the UK which I couldn't do before. That is excellent.
I haven't noticed any other changes. My roundabout instructions haven't changed. My routing doesn't seem to have changed. I agree the TMC page is a lot better though.

On the downside the upgrade took 5 hours (although I suspect that was more to do with the maps being upgraded). Also when I select a destination in Italy it causes my system to crash!! Other countries don't do this. I suppose I'll just have to re install the old Italy map and see if that works OK.

Bigrids
Mio C510 Version 3.2
IPAQ 3715 with TomTom Navigator 5 (still waiting for an upgrade)
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigrids said
Quote:
On the downside the upgrade took 5 hours

Blimey, Have I missed something, mine took about 30 / 40 minutes and it said at the end it had installed successfully, hope nothing is missing then.

Just think, everytime I hear phillipas voice now it will remind me of sallyann......

Also thanks for the info re saving the file, I wasnt looking forward to start playing with the bluetooth again.

By the way, how do we get the pocketgps speedcams on there now?

Regards....Dil

Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: V3.2 upgrade on C510 Reply with quote

I have just added the 'easy' route option to the DATA.ZIP file and noticed that this file has almost doubled in size. There are also new map skin/colour options now available.

Regards
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't get this to work. I downloaded the updater and that installed OK. Clicking that and at first it kept insisting the USB drivers were not installed. After a bit it seemed convinced they were and started downloading lots of files. It then just ended. No "instructions to follow" no nothing and the C710 is still on 3.1.

Incidently I just got this after some lurking here and I like it, but I am unsure about the two supplied CD's One seems to be some sort of transfer thing - thats a blue CD and there is a pinkish one that seems to have stuff on it but won't auto start and clicking on the setup icon does zilch.

TIA
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The download is temperamental - connect the c710 via a USB connection and run the MioMap v3 updater again.

The application should then read what files are already upgraded and offer you the option to install the rest.

sallanne reported yesterday that if you are using other internet applications this can cause the uploader to fail.

I managed to upgrade mine after three/four aborted attempts.

I am assuming the coloured discs are those included in the box - these are for backup should you need to reinstall the software (version3.1).
IanCurtis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a C510, with no sd card. Therefore I do not have all the maps installed at the same time. If I update to 3.2, I suppose that only my installed maps will be updated? Is it possible to run the updater agian when I change maps so that these maps also will be updated?
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case it seems the USB drivers were being uppity. After installing/uninstalling the driver a few times the updater finally agreed they were there. :-)

Note it downloads a file and then uploads it to the device, then downloads the next etc. I am not convinced it knows what it has downloaded as in some of my attempts it downloaded some in the top level directory again and again and.......
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first attempts to run Miomap Updater said that the USB drivers were not installed. Also found that Mio Transfer didn't work either so I reinstalled it from the original CD. I did wonder if the problem was arising cos I'd unlocked the Mio but eventually the USB driver was recognised after running Miotransfer on the Mio.

Got 3.2 working now but of course have lost all the customisations that I'd done. All I've done so far is the set up again the Easy Route option. The fast flyover seems to work OK now as per the manual but I still get the odd "route being recalculated" in the middle of a flyover. I have also edited the sys.txt file to try and prevent it going back to the start of the route after finishing a flyover but can't get that to work.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: