Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unlock Mio C710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unlock Mio C710
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torontoguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: cab file Reply with quote

get the cab file and view the site in english

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://cjaco.free.fr/GPS/zip/telechargement.php3%23util&prev=/search%3Fq%3DLe%2Bd%25C3%25A9bridage%2Bdes%2BMio%2B268(%252B)/269(%252B)%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLG,GGLG:2006-02,GGLG:en
torontoguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: North America Unlock Reply with quote

After spending the entire night, I have unlocked my c710... very cool.

I do have two problems:
- I clicked on start-settings-taskbar settings and selected the option to autohide the taskbar, and now i cant get it back or find a way to access that setting anymore... any ideas without hard resetting and doing this all over again?
- Has anyone figured out a way to run winampAQ full screen?

For the benefit of North American users, here is a step by step guide slightly different from previous postings.

Enjoy!

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://cjaco.free.fr/GPS/zip/telechargement.php3%23util&prev=/search%3Fq%3DLe%2Bd%25C3%25A9bridage%2Bdes%2BMio%2B268(%252B)/269(%252B)%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLG,GGLG:2006-02,GGLG:en

1) Download – “unlock-c510-mioskins.zip” from link above and extract to a folder
2) Connect your c710 via USB and using activesync on your computer, choose explore and navigate to \My Flash Disk\MioMap\Miomap\
3) rename the miomap.exe to anything for simplicity miomapREAL.exe
4) copy the miomap.exe, Miotool.exe, and Unlock-C510-Mioskins.cab from the extracted folder
5) disconnect the usb cable and perform a soft reset by pressing the “reset” button on the bottom of the C710
6) select miomap from the main screen to access file explorer
7) navigate to \My Flash Disk\MioMap\Miomap\ and double click on MIOTOOL.exe to start keyboard app
8) double click the unlock-c510mioskins.cab
9) when prompted to hit enter, click on the little abc icon top left to expand the keyboard and press enter (you may have to tap “utils” prior to hitting enter)
10) click “yes to all”
11) perform another soft reset, you will now have a desktop view
12) double click “explorer”
13) delete the French language file found at \My Flash Disk\utils\total commander\
14) delete the fake miomap.exe from \My Flash Disk\miomap\miomap
15) rename the original miomapREAL.exe back to “miomap.exe”
16) you can now start miomap from the desktop (you may need to reload your maps)

TIPS
------------
- Recommended mp3 player www.winamPAQ.com (choose the NEXIO160 version)

- If installing apps, install to the flash drive to avoid reloading after resetting

- To change the calculator button into an escape to file explore
o Find the file \windows\ppath.txt
o Change [Calculator]\windows\calculator.exe to [Calculator]\windows\explorer.exe

- To change the mp3 button to load winamPAQ
o Find the file \windows\ppath.txt
o [Music]\windows\mp3player.exe to [Music]\my flash disk\winampaq\winampaq.exe

- To make the c710 load the original interface
o Find the regedit.exe at \My Flash Disk\utils\ and make the following changes
o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init.
o Delete Launch 80
o Modify Launch 50 to "ST.exe"
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've unlocked my C510e as described in previous posts and now get the desktop up OK. Noticed a couple of problems so far.

When I double click explorer I get a message "Cannot find 'cecmd' (or one of its compnents) .......

Can't delete the French language file in UTILS\... as I don't seem to have a UTILS folder. Some of the desktop shortcut names are in French ie Arret, Reglage.

Also notice that I can't get Active Sync to work I got an error message that the versions were incompatible and advised me to update my PC A/S but I'm sure it's the most uptodate version at 4.2. Explore on A/S doesn't get me into the Mio. I can still access the Mio files via BT.
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking a bit further .......

Bringing up Windows Explorer on the Mio from the Programs menu works OK and I can find a UTILS folder that way but I don't see how I can delete or modify Properties of files. What is Explorer on the desktop?
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still fiddling with this ...........

The dead shortcuts on the desktop all point to files in the UTILS folder and don't seem to be required anyway so I've deleted them and included a shortcut to Windows Explorer on the desktop. One of the shortcuts on the desktop with a French name was in fact Settings Embarassed which I have now renamed to the English.

Not sure what to do about Active Sync. Will the latest version work on the Mio? I already use A/S 4.2 for my IPAQ PDA.

Otherwise it has worked pretty well.
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did the unlocking I found that I had a little onscreen keyboard facility which I could select from the Taskbar but I seem to have lost it. In UTILS ther is jotkbd but it is not the same one being much bigger and obscuring most of the screen. How can I get the old keyboard back?

BTW although A/S fails to sync I find I can now access the Mio via Explore on A/S.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rronaldson wrote:
a little onscreen keyboard facility

MioTool.exe

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lutz. Actually I don't think I'd lost it. I was playing around with some Task manager software and the one I was trying plonked it's own icon over the keyboard one. Some CE software doesn't fit well to the Mio screen.
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianj wrote:
Active sync comes up with an error message but, on clearing, you can use the explore function to move files.

Anyone know how to stop A/S showing an error message? I know that you can still use Explorer to access the Mio but it's just untidy having the error pop up everytime you connect.
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've noticed is that although there is a Recycled folder you can't make it act like Recycle Bin on the PC. If you delete files in Recycled folder from Explorer on the Mio they still go to the "Recycle Bin" !! and don't actually get deleted. The only way I've found to delete them is from Active Sync/Expore on the PC.
nisak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Unlock Mio C710 Reply with quote

ianj wrote:
I have installed a new mp3 player from www.winamPAQ.com (choose the NEXIO160 version) which is way better, minimises and plays in the background, and still mutes for phone calls!

All I need now is a better PIM!

If you are happy as it is then please leave it alone, but that MP3 player was really annoying me as the advertised "minimise" button was non-existent. In theory I can watch DivX films on it now, play games, plus not get lost anywhere in Europe of course!

I hope this is of use to someone, let me know how you get on!

Ian

Hi Ian.
Thanks for the recipie, after some touching and foling around i got it like i wanted and are very pleased. But i'm wondering how you get to see movies on the winamp player, have tried different files but can't really seem to find the movie screen. ?
Hope you or anyone else can help out.
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God whatever next, something to get us from A TO B maybe!!!

lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rronaldson wrote:
ianj wrote:
Active sync comes up with an error message but, on clearing, you can use the explore function to move files.

Anyone know how to stop A/S showing an error message? I know that you can still use Explorer to access the Mio but it's just untidy having the error pop up everytime you connect.

Yes, remove ActiveSync from your computer, and use BT file transfer instead.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Matzon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, just use ActiveSync 3.8
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matzon wrote:
nah, just use ActiveSync 3.8

Well, yes, it works but then I can't connect my Ipaq PDA. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll just have to put up with the inconvenience of the error message.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: