Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyones order still state warehouse from people who live in the UK
frank11
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine still states Warehouse.
ordered on the 1st 12.30pm 5436**[/quote]
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good to know Smile

So I wonder why tomtom decided to despatch some upgrade and not others?!?!?!

Anyone any clues?!
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woooohooo its here ohoh take a deep breath and read the bits with it .
Cor arent there a lot of cds with it will take me all night to work this out

Hope it all goes well with it am doing about 250 miles tomorrow and will need it

Arrow

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
MartinBrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Just received my Upgrade Reply with quote

Some of you may be a little disappointed.

If you use the standard 128MB SD card you received with TTN3, then you won't be able to fit the option "Great Britain Plus". I assume as the picture showed GB close to Europe, it's to link with the European maps. Anyway, this installation was 202MB.

You cannot follow the instructions if you keep the standard 128MB SD card as the upgrade doesn't remove some unwanted parts of TTN3, so I had to format my SD card using my digital camera, then install as a new installation.

I installed the postcodes option (an extra 9MB) and cannot get the full postcodes. I can type them in by selecting the "Postcodes" option, but it still only gives me the town, not a street. I've asked Tom Tom but no reply as yet (Only sent today).

Not had a chance to check the maps out fully yet. I know of a roundabout that was removed in Barnsley about a year ago and I would be interested if TTN5 still picks it up. TTN3 did.

On the upside, buying the HP Navigator Pack then purchasing the upgrade cost less than Tom Tom Go, but you have a PDA with it, which is much better, assuming TTN5 is basically the same as GO 5.

Btw, Warehouse means the order is on their shelf. When your order goes from Warehouse to blank, it means it's on it's way.
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats bu------ it cant get tom tom 5 to see my nice little leadtek 9537
when i go into gps cofigure it doesnt ask speeds just port have tried all possibilities always worked on com5 for tt3 and when i go to settings on my ipaq and select gps it says progs are missing

Question

MartinBrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Just received upgrade Reply with quote

WTF....

Just reading through the forum and found an answer as to why postcodes aren't working.

I have to create a directory on the SD card called "TomTom" and guess what, it works. What kind of messed up bug is that?

Anyway, yes full post codes are supported on TTN5.

Just a tip for anyone who's feeling brave, I did a hard reset of my PDA and cleared everything out (backup first...don't forget that) and everything is much, much smoother including the installation. Tried soft reset to clear memory but this didn't help as stuff like MS Reader was just clogging it up.....

I'm kinda happy now, but lets see if the maps are any good.
Thetechnogeek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: UK full postcode search doesn't work Reply with quote

For those of you who live in the UK- the "My orders" page on the TomTom homepage continues to read "Warehouse" even after despatch- I got mine via UPS a few days ago, and my order still reads "warehouse". So, just keep an eye on your email- they send you a UPS tracking number when it's sent.

So, now to the problems- on my hx4700, there is still an issue with TT5 locking up on exit, so I'm waiting for a fix.

And most annoyingly- FULL UK POSTCODE SEARCHES DON'T WORK!! If anyone else who has got the upgrade and is using the UK plus map has got this to work, please shout!!! And yes, I did install the UK postcode database- it's appeared in a directory called "Zip" on my CF card.

A plea for help!
MartinBrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Yo, Thetechnogeek Reply with quote

Look at the post above yours, it has the postcode answer/extreme bug fix.
Thetechnogeek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, looks like we were writing our posts at the same time! I'll live with the lockup on exit- a hard reset is just too much hassle for me. And having tried the trick above, I can make the postcodes work now, but only if a have a copy in a folder called "zip" AND a copy in "Tomtom". Deleting one or the other stops it working. Weird.

Still, a significant improvement!
MartinBrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? On mine I just created an empty directory called TomTom and it worked straight away.

Looking through other posts in the forum, someone has explained why you have to do this, but to my mind, the installation program should do this for you :-(

Pleased yours is happier now, shame about the hanging though.
Thetechnogeek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's weird- I've just tried again, and both directories need to be there, and both need to have the file in. Something odd with my build obviously. I can live with it...
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say tomtom have done what appears to be their norm on this upgrade . If it wasnt for all the help this forum produces nobody would get it working .I have had to create the directory tomtom on my sd card for the postcodes to work and had to tell tomtom that my bt gps a leadtek 9537 is a wired gps connected to com 5 by bt .But now its going at least until I hit the next problem I do like the software and will be trying all the bits out over the next few days .

A BIG thank you to all at pocketgps for the help from them and all us ordinary members who help each other out so much.

lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound REALLY stupid...

When you say create an empty "TomTom" directory folder in the root of your SD Card, do you mean just an empty folder with nothing in it?!?

HA! That does sound stupid.
Please could you post a link to where you found this fix for the postcode support??

P.s. still states "warehouse" and no email from TomTom/UPS telling me it's been sent Evil or Very Mad
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know WHY people have been getting thir upgrades before me as we all live in the UK!!!!! Idea

When you click on the "clickable" highlighted orange links under my orders and the order number (so you can see the shipping/invoice address's) what does it tell you in the pop up boxes that come up??

I have, under "status" :Authorised and when I click on it it states 3 different items, the top 2 saying authorised and the 3rd on it says new.

What the hell is that all about???

When I click on "warehouse" it comes up with a box with just a close button in it.

Is this the same for anyone else who haev not received tehir upgrades yet?!?!?!?!?!? GRRR this is really annoying me now that some people ahve actually got theirs and I have not yet.

Should I ring tomtom??? anyone got a number?!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 17 of 25

Jump to: