Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russd1978 wrote:
At first he even said the 7.10 maps arent compatible with the 720! Arrgh! He kept saying "dont believe forums, its just opinions" - Laughing Out Loud
Like we don't believe CS. Rolling Eyes

I would have thought it would be a case of not being compatible with the software than with the 720 itself. But then one asks the question, "How come some users have that setup, AND it's working"?

But who am I to disagree. Confused

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mass hallucinations?
Hysteria caused by too many xulrunner.exe messages?
"A typo?" Laughing
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'funny' thing is, if you go to Purchase Maps, selecting 720 as your Device, you are offered a 7.10 Map for downloading. Confused

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what it tells me I'm downloading as we speak....
I'll tell you in an hour or five (hopefully!)
Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russd1978 wrote:
Just phoned a chap called Owen - he told me that everyone here is lying, none of you have the v7.10 maps

At first he even said the 7.10 maps arent compatible with the 720! Arrgh! He kept saying "dont believe forums, its just opinions" - Laughing Out Loud

Nice to download, install and use a map in my 720, which not exists and doesn't work. TT has versioned it as v 7.10. Sorry TT, I can read and I understand most which I read. Nice to be called as a liar. Surprised

As DennisN wrote: do they actually employ anybody with any knowledge?
I agree.

I have problem in Home to emulate my GO. The support adviced me to empty the navcore folder. It doesn't solve the problem, now they advice me to delete the appliaction from my device. After deleting the Update process download a new DLL to my device.
What application? Shocked
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russd1978 wrote:
Just phoned a chap called Owen - he told me that everyone here is lying, none of you have the v7.10 maps, ............Great! He sounded really a*sey about it, should have gone with the email!

So having just paid TT £40 for the 7.10 map Owen denies they exist - is that what we call Miss Selling? Also when I power the unit up the description on the TT config screen must be lying. Maybe I should call them up and raise a ticket.

Thankfully people here actually know what they are talking about rather than the pure fantasy land TT exist in.
SatMonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is technical support based in Holland? If so it would explain a lot! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatMonkey wrote:
Is technical support based in Holland? If so it would explain a lot! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think its based in the UK the guy Owen sounded like he was English. Actually I realise now he is the same person who replied to my emails, and thats probably why he was annoyed as I had said in my last email "please dont send another generic copy and paste response!" Laughing Out Loud
kobudera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
(Ask to speak to John G - he knows about it, gave me mine).

Yeah, good ol' John G - he gave me mine, too! Very Happy

Just keep chipping away at them, you know what they say about the squeaky wheel! Twisted Evil

Kev
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kobudera wrote:
DennisN wrote:
(Ask to speak to John G - he knows about it, gave me mine).

Yeah, good ol' John G - he gave me mine, too! Very Happy

Just keep chipping away at them, you know what they say about the squeaky wheel! Twisted Evil

Kev
He replied about #6 today (having sorted the #7 map for me) saying I need to create another account and tell them device number, account, date of purchase, etc, etc, etc. So I've just replied giving him all the information and a scanned copy of the receipt for #6.

I told you to ask for John G. Remember you read it here first. Laughing

I can't believe Andy_P2002 buying the damn thing! Andy, I'm sure you'd have got a nice new one free if you'd only hung in there. Confused Remember, when they get the Latest Map Guarantee working, they'll have to release the maps to all and sundry (including all those of us for whom they've cobbled a new map) because they won't have the foggiest idea when you first started to use it! Do we honestly think they actually have somewhere recorded (TT Home or on the GO720 itself) the date of first use? Pull the other one!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
[I can't believe Andy_P2002 buying the damn thing! Andy, I'm sure you'd have got a nice new one free if you'd only hung in there. Confused Remember, when they get the Latest Map Guarantee working, they'll have to release the maps to all and sundry (including all those of us for whom they've cobbled a new map) because they won't have the foggiest idea when you first started to use it! Do we honestly think they actually have somewhere recorded (TT Home or on the GO720 itself) the date of first use? Pull the other one!

For what it's worth.......

Here in Canada, I had a problem at the beginning of November where a TT update wiped out my 7.10 version of the North America map and left me with 7.05. [I got the unit on Sept 14/2007]

I called TT Support and, to make a long story short, they twigged some switch for me to dl the 7.10 version of US and Canada map (not the same as North America, but better than nothing, I guess).

Anyway, happened to log into my account with TT and see in the maps section that I have listed the US & Canada from Nov. 7/2007 and eligible to download it until Nov 20/2008 (!).

What the implication of the apparent year+ window are, I don't know?

It'll be interesting to try the 'Map guarantee' if a 7.15 map is release during that year window.
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn wish Id spoken to John G. Seems I got Owen the tea boy unfortunately Sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

I can't believe Andy_P2002 buying the damn thing! Andy, I'm sure you'd have got a nice new one free if you'd only hung in there. Confused Remember, when they get the Latest Map Guarantee working, they'll have to release the maps to all and sundry (including all those of us for whom they've cobbled a new map) because they won't have the foggiest idea when you first started to use it! Do we honestly think they actually have somewhere recorded (TT Home or on the GO720 itself) the date of first use? Pull the other one!

I didn't buy one!
I'd been posting in a few topics all about map problems and said in one of the others that I was helping a colleague at work to buy and download new Western AND Eastern Europe maps for his Go 700. VERY enlightening!
Took us all day but we got there in the end.

ALSO, I posted an update to my question about maps for ALL x20 owners and got a slightly harassed-sounding reply!

Quote:
Customer (Andy P) 29/11/2007 12.36 AM
I read reports that purchasers are now able to download the 7.10 maps again. Is there any update on when they will be available for the existing 720 owners as you said in your previous replies?
Home is still not offering it and saying I have the latest map.

Many thanks for any further info.

Quote:
Response (Kweku B. (UK)) 29/11/2007 09.28 AM
Dear Mr P

That is indeed correct. You can purchase the map on our website. However we are dealing here with thousands of maps to be assigned to the existing customers for the latest map guarantee. This is something that will take a little longer. As explained previously, the map will be available to you in Tom Tom HOME once everything has been resolved.

I should have asked for John!
kobudera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you what, Andy - if you get the new update automatically and me and Dennis don't, then they are gonna get a visit from The Boyz! Twisted Evil

Kev
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting for the free 7.10 maps. Laughing

Why waste money?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 14 of 36

Jump to: