Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Origin Technologies
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Origin Technologies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BBQKing,

Yep the 3.5 screen and the camera side of the Pogo are great and would be better still if they included mobile sites etc. It is a pity the Alert has a smaller screen. Like you I hope firmware will improve matters on the navigation side as having one good alrounder rather than having to set up several devices would be preferable. How much scope is there for firm ware to improve things on the Pogo, do you know? Perhaps when the promised Pogo website is up and running we can begin a campaign for the improvements we would like to see.
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NN

You can contact Dave from Origin directly. His email addy is:

Dave@originb5.com

He's the guy who has also supplied the firmware for the PD too.

Thanks

BB
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that BB.
craigpenton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

My unit now has a fatal exception (or something like that) every time I turn it on. If I click OK on the error message the unit reboots and then works fine. I've emailed Dave yesterday but had no reply so he may be off for the week? (or inundated with Pogo problems!)

Quick question for you BB. I've looked into the re-rad antenna (thanks again btw) and would like to go ahead with one BUT ... I really can't see an easy way to put the main receiver on the external of the car. I realise that it wouldn't perform as well but would it still work if I put the antenna at the bottom of the rear window (where it used to work fine for my B2)? Don't worry if you don't know.

Craig
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: pogo drive Reply with quote

hi gang. im completly dischuffed with this unit now, i traveled about 300 miles last night, and it had me in a field, locked the screen and menu button up, so after a reset (again) it setled down until i finnished work.
i then used it on my way to the petrol station and it was ok. turned it off, and return to my car, and nothing. its absolutly DEAD. tried reset ect, power from the usb lead, still nothing. i am getting to the stage were my loyalty with origin(4 years) is coming to an end. :x :x :x :x i think this product has been released too soon with to many problems, and were expected to be guinny pigs for nearly £400 a pop. not likly Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: pogo drive Reply with quote

would you beleve it, the b"£$%^rd thing has now come back to life, after being dead for nearly an hour. must be an easter mirricle :x
craigpenton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: pogo drive Reply with quote

westewoo wrote:
would you beleve it, the b"£$%^rd thing has now come back to life, after being dead for nearly an hour. must be an easter mirricle :x

Sadly this has also happened to me ... twice ... once with old firmware and once with new Crying or Very sad
I'm also starting to feel a little let down by Origin!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that reading this thread is not encouraging and you lot are far more patient and gracious than most would be! No current system until the arrival of this has in my experience required an external antenna in an ordinary car, the navigation side sounds very poor and the whole system appears buggy. Even the camera alert functionality lacks the mobiles which are at the end of the day the ones most likely to catch us motorists!

I've made three attempts to secure a review unit and not even had the courtesy of a response. I wonder why?
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigpenton wrote:
Hi all,

Quick question for you BB. I've looked into the re-rad antenna (thanks again btw) and would like to go ahead with one BUT ... I really can't see an easy way to put the main receiver on the external of the car. I realise that it wouldn't perform as well but would it still work if I put the antenna at the bottom of the rear window (where it used to work fine for my B2)? Don't worry if you don't know.

Craig

As long as the external antenna is over 2 meters away from the re-rad aerial, yes it may work. I'm just worried you may get signal feedback. Being on the roof of the car completely reduces the chance of such feedback as the cars metal roof acts as a barrier.

The only way to see is to try it!

BB
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I've said, on Monday I had a right wacky day with mine which seemed to coincide with the lastest update connection. Even though I had found the fuse had blown in the lead it would not come on for a while afterward. Once it had come on it wouldn't do anything other than boing in any menu etc. I thought right thats it, I send it back, then all of a sudden it appears it working again and I thought if I send it back now they just return it saying it fine.

You might be right westewoo, about Origin releasing it to soon, especially as their support page is still under development. I made my decision to buy the Pogo given the good comments made about it during my search for an alternative to DS, however, the number of glitches seem to be getting worse not better since I bought mine. Perhaps other potential purchasers should err on the side of caution before considering buying one, that is until Origin have had opportunity to address the current issues we are all now starting to experience.

Makes you wonder also whether the delay in the distribution of the 'Alert' is an indicator of any problems. Never did understand why the cheaper model was taking longer to reach the shelves. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid after the DS experience, or is this a case of deja vu? At least I'm not feeling alone in having a faulty Pogo, be it a firmware or hardware fault, claiming a refund under warranty is easier if a number of people are experiencing similar faults in use. After all it does have to be "fit for purpose".
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent an email to Dave at Origin BB. I hope that after the time I spent composing it, it go there.
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Quote:
I have to say that reading this thread is not encouraging and you lot are far more patient and gracious than most would be! No current system until the arrival of this has in my experience required an external antenna in an ordinary car, the navigation side sounds very poor and the whole system appears buggy. Even the camera alert functionality lacks the mobiles which are at the end of the day the ones most likely to catch us motorists!

I've made three attempts to secure a review unit and not even had the courtesy of a response. I wonder why?

I have considered sending mine back Darren, the problem being however that whilst one moment its playing up the next it seems fine and I can see them just returning it saying all is well. Though its obviously not. How strong is my case for returning it for a refund do you think? It sounds like you would have done so already.

I find it hard to believe from reading previous reviews on Sirf 111 chipsets that the one in the Pogo is infact one. I haven't had much problems from the point of sat lock once it has locked on though it does seem to take several minutes to lock on even if its been previously on. What I find strange it that I am sat in my Den with the Pogo recieving a great deal of daylight through the window but unless I actually place it against the window it does not lock on. Now when reviewer tell you that they can get a signal from such a chipset deep within their family home you would expect better performance than that.

Currently it has now been switch on whilst writing this post, again within good view of the window and nothing has happened yet! Wait, 5 mins + and its just locked on. I would now certainly agree with you re your experience of combined safety and satnav units. My decision to buy a Pogo was tipped by reviews of the Origin B2 and the experience of owners of such units who had commented on them so to say the least I am more than a bit dis-elusioned at this point.

I have always found it hard to believe that mobile sites were not included in the database. Its safety warning features otherwise are very good. Navigation side, as you warned in an earlier post,
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been in touch with the supplier of my Pogo Drive 'TTWPARTNERSLTD. They have been most helpful. Initially they suggested that I contact Dave at Origin and supplied the number for this to see whether there was a firmware fix. Dave's on holiday this week I therefore spoke to another guy who wasn't able to recommend a solution. Having then gone back to TTW they have agreed to refund my money without quibble, so fair play if all go well from here, not a bad service.

I have informed Origin of the comments being posted on pocketgpsworld and I know that they are now looking at these as when I phoned origin for a second time he was currently reading the posts.

I also mentioned to them Darren that you were not receiving replies to your request for a review model! Hope you didn't mind. Apologises if you did.
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Pogo on the way to Nottingham regrettably but there you go.

New search begin's, well once I get my refund that is.
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: pogo drive Reply with quote

did anyone on here compare the origin b2 to the the road angel plus, because at the minute, im thinking of an alternitive to this problem. speed trap detection is more important to me, than gps mapping Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 12 of 18

Jump to: