Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No camera warning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No camera warning
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the M4, roughly west of J17 there are a load of yellow poles, probably for SPECs cameras, but there are not cameras on most of them and signs saying cameras not in use, but it seems people keen to get lifetime memberships have been reporting them to PGPSW as there. I am unsure of the exact location, as it was a total blizzard there earlier this week and I did not have time to concentrate on the cameras as I was more concerned with staying on the road.

I was also getting warnings from TomTom safety warnings (top left corner) along the M4 which was showing a van with a ? on the side, no idea what this was for and whatever it was, why was it there in the middle of a straight stretch of motorway with no bridges or anything else nearby.

There were also ! in a red triangle warnings in the top left corner with some sort of grey outline camera icon on the 3D map (could not see the detail with my eyesight) appearing in the central reservation in again straight sections of the M4.

I have also noticed that Roadpilot claim that they provide camera information to TomTom and TeleAtlas but I have one of their older units and it does not match with the TT data.
bkilham
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise, Surprise
I thought I would check my 720 and XXL again, so I put the tick back in the box for "Warn only if POI on route" and did a route demo on both.
They now both give a warning for that camera, also the mobile on the slip road onto the A34 from the A4074.
????????????????????????
bkilham
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

???????????????????????????
Even more confused.
On closer inspection, the warning for the camera on the slip road onto the A34, stops at the start of the off slip road going south, although it is at the correct place on the map.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
On the M4, roughly west of J17 there are a load of yellow poles, probably for SPECs cameras, but there are not cameras on most of them and signs saying cameras not in use, but it seems people keen to get lifetime memberships have been reporting them to PGPSW as there.

I think you'll find they are west of J18 (10 of them) and I hold my hand up to submitting quite a few of them, with submission comments saying "Not yet in use, no speed limit". A couple of them have cameras mounted pointing in both directions, so I guessed they'll be for a contraflow. Nowadays, we tend to add these incomplete camera sites, so that we can check the correct location and have them there (showing Speed Unknown) ready for when they become active. That way, we get them into the database earlier and members can benefit from warnings. Every time I submit new cameras I ask for a free membership, but that doesn't get me anywhere. Last time, I asked for a pay rise too and MaFt said Sure, 50% rise - immediate effect. That's because he knows I'm unpaid! Rolling Eyes

Edited to add... TomTom's safety warnings along the M4 are a joke, I wondered the same thing myself. But I've disabled them now - I've had enough of checking they are no good. Last time I had them on, they still had Specs cameras @40mph to the east of junction 15. Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: