Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Features Wish List
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Features Wish List
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom to take note of the UPDATES we send them via MapShare.... Laughing
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom Features Wish List Reply with quote

jpg1 wrote:
I currently have a TT Go 530 and use the GPRS traffic with my Nokia N82.

Sorry to hijack this thread with a question, but how did you get your 530 to talk successfully to a Nokia N82?

I have a 520 and an N82 and have to redo the connection evry time I switch either of the off. AFAK The N82 is not on the Compatibility list and TT support can't tell me when it will become approved.

Thanks in advance for any help.
jpg1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hands free connection between by 530 and N82 works fine and is set up simply by adding a Bluetooth device to the 530 - evrn though the N82 is not a supported phone.

The data connection has been more patchy, and it still cuts out every so often, but the last few days have been better. I have my GPRS traffic set to update every 2 minutes; I figure that if the data that comes in via GPRS is a little delayed when compared with HD, I want to get it onto my 530 ASAP in case I need to turn off quick.

In terms of bluetooth and having to switch each device off and back on all of the time, I keep my N82 bluetooth on 24/7 whenever my phone is on (in "Hidden" mode once paired with the 530). If I switch the N82 bluetooth off and then turn it on only when I switch the 530 on, the data connection won't work. If that happens, I switch off both devices (making sure bluetooth was previously active on the N82), then turn the N82 on first. When that is up and running and the bluetooth symbol shows in brackets, I switch on the 530 and I can then get traffic updates. So, in short, keep the N82's bluetooth on 24/7 and the traffic updates should work fine. Having the bluetooth on 24/7 may be a small drain on the N82 battery, but I find that it's more than worth it when considering the alternative.

Hope that helps...
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jpg1, that's more or less what I do. I guess I'll have to be patient and hope that either a) TT approve the N82, or b) come October, when my mobile contract is up, I can choose a compatible phone.

Thanks again

Ric
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the ever increasing number of average speed cams springing up on many of our motorways, I would like some kind of counter read out that works out you average speed when you pass between the first and last camera SPEC. Rolling Eyes If only for piece of mind! - Any computer IT wizz out there know if this is possible?
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batties wrote:
With the ever increasing number of average speed cams springing up on many of our motorways, I would like some kind of counter read out that works out you average speed when you pass between the first and last camera SPEC. Rolling Eyes If only for piece of mind! - Any computer IT wizz out there know if this is possible?

Quite a simple task really - but of no real use in preventing being caught - by the time you pass the last (or even second) SPECS if you are over average speed you will be presented with hard evidence in the post a few days later Laughing

The best thing here is cruise control (if you are lucky enough to have it fitted) - it's by far the simplest way of keeping your speed down to what is required. My wife's car has it fitted and you can use it as a max speed limiter very easily
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batties wrote:

I don't think it's gonna happen! And if it did, saying "You have exceeded the average speed limit between cameras" would be a bit late! Some (not many) device systems will give regular bing-bongs through an average speed zone and even extra bings or bongs if you go over the limit, but I don't think any of them calculate average speed as the car travels through (and, if I may make so bold, none of them use a camera database as accurate as ours, so they'll be missing a lot of the cameras and still keeping a lot which have disappeared!). There really is only one method - make sure we stay below the limit right through the zone. If it's roadworks, presumably the cones and repeater signs should keep us on our best behaviour. If it's the new simply traffic management measures in "normal" permanent speed limits, the only way is to stay below the limit all the time - we have to bear in mind that this is what they are intended to make us do!

A good policy is to adjust our driving profiles suitably - drive BELOW the limit, not UP TO it. Doing that, we can't really suffer much at all in relation to getting from A to B - we have to grossly exceed the limits to make a noticeable difference to our ETA. The talk of "accidentally, momentarily, straying just over the limit" is hot air - speedos display speeds up to 10% over true, so to exceed a true speed of say 50mph, we have to be showing over 55 on the speedo, which is quite a lot to accidentally, momentarily stray by. Accidentally, momentarily straying BELOW the limit to 27mph in a 30 zone should compensate for the same amount of speeding in the average zone. Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: