Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 920 transmitting to car radio
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 920 transmitting to car radio
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not happy with the quality of MP3s being played on my 730T via my FM radio.

I noticed that some of the louder songs sounded fine so I downloaded a free program called MP3Gain http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net .

Normally I am fussy about not messing with my MP3 files which have a high bit rate, so I used MP3Gain only on the files on my SDHC card. The program also stores details of what changes it has made within MP3 tags so that it can undo any changes.
I did not use the default setting of 89dB but raised it to 98dB as this was the level on my loudest songs.
The initial analysis is quite slow if you have a lot of MP3s, although of course you could try it out on just a few.

For me this has made my Tomtom usable for MP3 playing.
It is not perfect but when you bear in mind the road noise (particularly at higher speeds as I mainly using it on motorways at the moment) it is good enough for me.

I mostly use 87.9, but made a switch to 107.2 when I was getting interference somewhere around Birmingham.
algypan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats right i dont get any noise at all from my third party mount connection
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have anyone experience from using auto-tuning FM-transmitters like this one? This looks great to me, if it works. Are there other alternative products available on the market?

Regards,

Ulf
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belkin has one FM-transmitter called TuneCast Auto 3 that has exactly the feature I'm after. The problem is that it can only be connected to an iPOD and not to any other audio source.
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo_hippo wrote:

However, with either, I find the interference and background noise is MUCH worse when the supplied USB charger is in use. It seems to introduce noise and allows break through of competing frequencies. Anyone else found the same?

I find much the same, whatever frequency I have used and whichever car I've been using it in. I've been wondering if there is a better quality cable/lead out there on the market, one that's maybe screened against interference to a higher spec.(?)...(I admit that last bit might sound a load of tosh, 'cos I'm not the world's greatest techie)
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrggghhhh

for months now I have been using 87.9 with no problems then all of a sudden Newport* arrives.

I can't find a decent free frequency in the M5/M4 area (my alternative was 107.9 but that became unlistenable also)

Ideally when Ofcom deregulated the use of personal transmitters they would have allocated a unique frequency, the chance of getting drowned out by neighbouring vehicle would be miniscule. It wouldn't have anything to do with the govt. not getting revenue from the licence for the frequency though would it Twisted Evil
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick-uk wrote:
It wouldn't have anything to do with the govt. not getting revenue from the licence for the frequency though would it Twisted Evil

You've hit the nail on the head there....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: