Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Instal..Please help!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Instal..Please help!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boydonegood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for all the advice everyones given!
Unfortunately ive had no luck.
I really appreciate the suggestions everyones thrown in,and must admit Viamichelin have been very helpfull too.Especially a guy called Giorgio..
Today i regrettably packaged the unit up and shipped it back,Im 99% sure im going to get screwed for the refund in some way or another ( was a used unit from Pixmania) They offer a 7 day full refund and have been fantastically helpful so far..

The whole situation is my own fault for not buying a brand new unit in the first place.

Anyways,am now left with the original ( and 100% reliable Garmin i3) and again looking for a new toy...Had my heart set on the X-980T,as it has all the bells and whistles ( and found it for 204 GBP new) or do i take a look at the new MIo? the 3d Buildings and up and over flyovers look impressive!!

Thanks again for all your help guys..
Tel
stollvor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boydonegood wrote:
Thanks so much for all the advice everyones given!
Unfortunately ive had no luck.
I really appreciate the suggestions everyones thrown in,and must admit Viamichelin have been very helpfull too.Especially a guy called Giorgio..
Today i regrettably packaged the unit up and shipped it back,Im 99% sure im going to get screwed for the refund in some way or another ( was a used unit from Pixmania) They offer a 7 day full refund and have been fantastically helpful so far..

The whole situation is my own fault for not buying a brand new unit in the first place.

Anyways,am now left with the original ( and 100% reliable Garmin i3) and again looking for a new toy...Had my heart set on the X-980T,as it has all the bells and whistles ( and found it for 204 GBP new) or do i take a look at the new MIo? the 3d Buildings and up and over flyovers look impressive!!

Thanks again for all your help guys..
Tel

Hi boydonegood,

When you connect the unit to the computer, did you use an extension USB cable ? Because I had the same problem when I used an extension cable.
The unit seemed not to be connected. Just use the provided usb cable to connect the unit to the computer.

Maybe it can help
Stollvor
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do i take a look at the new MIo? the 3d Buildings and up and over flyovers look impressive!!

Having had a Mio C520T prior to my VM X970T I certainly would never go back to Mio again. Their technical support is non-existant and the actual sat nav feels very fragile compared to the VM unit.

I am actually selling my X970T now on e-bay for a number of reasons but it has been 95% reliable since I had it.

Believe it or not the only real problem I had was the same as you reported above. I tried every variety of Activsync but eventually I fixed this by restoring my PC to an earlier restore point and prior to loading a 3G modem (also mentioned above) which must have corrupted some setting. I also had the Set Pixel issue immediately post the v7 upgrade but that got resolved pretty quickly.

Since that time the unit has worked perfectly and never missed a beat!
It provides excellent routing options and is nice and solid.

Whatever you go for I hope you have better luck but there are lots of reviews around to help guide you. Don't be swayed by traffic options (TMC) - it usually involves poor data being transmitted over under-powered transmitters so reception is very patchy. It would be fabulous if it worked properly but there are hundreds of comments in these forums to suggest it doesn't. Those lucky folk reporting a good TMC servic are a small minority.
boydonegood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys!
To my great suprise,the seller, has fully refunded my payment,and it should clear in the next few days...
So again im on the look out.

Good to know about the TMC, as it was a strong selling point for me, but if its not great.......
Have found the VM 980T for around £200, and the Tom Tom 920 for around £275 ..I liked the idea of the "elevated" maps on the MIO, so really confused now..! Confused

Im looking for UK,and maybe France coverage? Large screen,,and as many toys as poss,for around the £250 ish..
I appreciate everyone has different opinions,but this will proberly get used maybe once every 2 months,so any suggestions would be apprecited..

Thanks again all!!
Tel

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: