Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TRUMPION - Basic Help Please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TRUMPION - Basic Help Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For around the £100 mark I would suggest a TomTom ONE or the entry level Garmin, both capable units with good software, good support and of course a huge community of users.
TranswesT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIKE: just wondering if you received the stuff I e-mailed to you ? If not, can re send it.
cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read through the installation instructions and they seem easy to follow, I am still not 100% convinced the supply of the Route 66 software is all above board though, to have instuctions that detail downloading files that disable certain time lapse activations is dubious, I am awaiting confirmation the seller is genuine and offering software that is correctly saleable to be honest - Mike
TranswesT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike, will you keep me (& others) informed please ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I will, but I suspect the e-bay seller is pulling a stunt by selling details which include access to files via the internet that should not be available to the public, the links appear to be for hardware developers - I might be wrong, so we will await the outcome and see what Route 66 have to say about the matter - Mike
thrombanks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am watching this thread with interest as i got my unit from the same FleaBay seller today and although I am very happy with the unit (as I paid just a tad over £50 for mine). But I find the Trumpion support does sem a bit poor. Mine came with Route 66 navigator 7 pre-loaded and with what looks like a genuine Route 66 CD with an activation key (which I haven't found out what to do with as yet Laughing Out Loud).

The Fleabay seller is selling lots of these at the moment and this forum will, no doubt, inundated with enquiries unless the Trumpion support improves.

Regards . Stuart
TranswesT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thrombanks,

I'm quite chuffed with the set,,,, though I still can't get any info on the accuracy of it (see previous post).
I see that Trumpion now have their www site up,,,,, but I still can’t get a decent reply from them.

You say that R66 is already installed - do any of your pages show the R66 logo ? Mine don’t ! I don't see any R66 logo's at all.

Any idea where I can get info on the map reading abilities ?
Is there somewhere that we can send details/anomalies ?
Does anyone care ?

I’m new to all this - so please excuse what might seem like ‘basic’ questions.

Good Luck with the unit.
thrombanks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TransWest,

Like you, I'm also chuffed with the unit and the price i paid. But also as you say the backup is sparse to say the least. I tested it on a fairly short trip today and it performed well enough, maybe a tad slow to recalulate but not too bad. I can't see any Route 66 logo on screen either but that maybe the way that Trumpion display information rather than anything else. I need to findout how to get updates from Route 66and I'm still not sure if i can get POI updates from this forum or not for our software.

I don;t read this forum very regularly so apologies for delays in answers

Regards Stuart
TranswesT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs Stuart,,,, do you use another forum for Sat Nav ?
Considering the amount of these things being sold, there isn't much third party help out there,,,, apart from the odd 'you should have bought what I like',,,, even though it's obviously too late.

I haven't used my unit since the initial 'test' runs.
Unfortunately I don't feel that I am able to rely on it.
All I want is for it to take me to the post code that i put in - simple enough request.
I have my 'Home' address/P.C already on the unit,,,,, but no matter whether I click 'Home' or re enter the P.C it is still way off.

To be fair, I think this is more to do with the map makers / data collaters or whatever (remember I am new to this).
I'd like to think that I could either do just a basic UpDate, or let the map makers know, in the hope that they would appreciate the knowledge !

thanks for the reply Stuart
thrombanks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My postcode is just a 100 yds adrift of my home address but to be fair my other satnav consisting of a PDA, cradle and garmin receiver using tomtom3 software is also adrift on some postcodes. If it's miles or a few roads away in accuracy I would be more worried but i have not found it to be the case. As you say it is the software that is at fault if it's an accuracy and I have emailed R66 support for their comments on the Trumpion unit with their software and enquired about update support.

I'll certainly post anything I find out here.

regards Stuart
TranswesT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually live on the main A30. No Country lanes,,,, no tall buildings,,, etc. As I approach my home (from either end) I get directed towards, and through the next village,,,, & beyond.
When I was 3 miles away from home, I gave up !

As far as I can ascertain, there are no similar post codes & where the unit is taking me to has nothing like the last 3 figures.
When I turn the unit on, the initial map does show where I am IE: my home on the A30.

Likewise, I’ll try contacting R66 with this info,,,,, as Trumpion still dosn't answer my pleas.

I would have thought that for the sake of answering a couple of queries, Trumpion could avoid getting a bad reputation.

Of course I realise that there will be hundreds of satisfied buyers out there,,,, which means nothing to the people with problems.

all the best
TranswesT

thrombanks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you contacted the guy that sold it ? It might be worth talking to him about it, if it's not fit for purpose he may have had similar complaints.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TranswesT wrote:
You say that R66 is already installed - do any of your pages show the R66 logo ? Mine don’t ! I don't see any R66 logo's at all.
Have a look through the menus on the device for a Help or about icon, this should tell you who's software is running on the unit - Mike
TranswesT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Mike,

I thought it might have ben in the stuff that I sent you earlier.

You will see that Stuarts unit also dosn't show the R66 logo's,,,, but is installed.

Mine is back in it's box whilst I decide what to do - so will dig it out & look for the software details.
-----::-----
have also dropped a line to R66.

cheers
thrombanks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

This device, in my particular case, is running Navigator (7.0.3459) this information is take from the About Page. I quote:-

Navigator, .NET, Version 7.0.3459, All rights reserved, Data copyright(C)NAVTEQ/TeleAtlas

NAVTEQ Q4/2006 2006/11/22/ TMC
DCI: GRC+RUS+BGR-MKD-ALB+BEL+BIH+CZE
+ GBR + etc etc ..........................................

This seems to be at odds with the Route 66 CD which is "Navigate 7"

Any information to clear up this would be appreciated. This Trumpion unit being sold on the well known auction site as a new product is very well made and had great features but there seems little in the way of support online.

I would like to know if I used the POI file for Route 66 offered here, will it work on Route 66 Navigate 7, as the conpatiblity table doesn't mention that R66 software?

Any information would be greatly appreciated ... thanks

Regards Stuart

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: