Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HAVE REPLIED to XULrunner.exe error on 520/720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HAVE REPLIED to XULrunner.exe error on 520/720
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
So how do you think Tim Buxton can
Quote:
have Bluetooth enabled and have never had an xulrunner error.
???

Dennis I also have my O2 XDA Orbit paired with my Go720 and haven't had this xulrunner error. Bluetooth makes no difference if it's ON or OFF. In fact I spent all day yesterday migrating the computer over to a new one with a AMD AM2 6000 Dual Core processor,new graphics card and 8GB memory and everything is still fine with the Go720 and virtual device.
Still running with XP Pro although I have bought Vista Ultimate and a 1TB external drive box.

The 2GB SD Card in the Go720 has about 15 complete CD's on it and is installed all the time.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For goodness sake, what do I do? I know lots of people have complained and very few have said it's no problem, but that's the very nature of the beast. The faults get complained about, the "no problems" don't even notice us.

I think over the weekend I'll sit down and write a nice long email to Handtec posing the question to them.

I think I hate you .....
Quote:
a new one with a AMD AM2 6000 Dual Core processor,new graphics card and 8GB memory and everything is still fine with the Go720 and virtual device.
Still running with XP Pro although I have bought Vista Ultimate and a 1TB external drive box.
I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, I REALLY, REALLY WANT ONE.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, If it’s any consolation I to have installed Home 2 (again - you would think I should have known better after the first attempt) - while I can connect to my devices; with the 720 and virtual device I get this error.

To be honest this doesn't bother me one little bit, this software package is unstable, untrustworthy, and unusable - shall I say more...... I only use it to grab and download updates, Windows Explorer has been my tool of choice for Software updates/ installs and back ups for quite some time now.

I simply don't trust Home let alone having two versions of it on the PC. And I am not going to comment on the Home 2 layout as that would be most unfair when I don't use it (but I pity those that try and work with it) - Mike
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis don't forget I am using a PDA which just so happens to have a built in phone and bluetooth to pair to the Go720 as opposed to a mobile phone with bluetooth. May be making the difference i don't know.

The new PC was a barebones upgrade from Novatech, consisting of case with 450 watt power supply, motherboard with processor plus fan and memory pre-assembled and tested for £269.00
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I simply don't trust Home let alone having two versions of it on the PC.
Hah - I thought I had two versions on the PC - one time when I installed, I told it NOT to delete previous version (1.6). So then in Start Programs I had "Home 2" and "Home". "Home 2" started Home 2. "Home" started Home 2. Confused

So now I'm back with Home 1.6 which I can live with. The only reason for TT to keep Home 2 is if it was designed by the Managing Director's wife or favourite daughter.

Anyway, I've now been out and about with the new 720, bluetoothed to my phone. It was perfect with the old one (720). My very first phone call, the guy at the other end said I'd got a terrible line, interference and hardly hear me. The second said the same, so did everybody else. Now, I can live with not having Virtual Device on the PC if I have to, but I cannot live with dud hands free. The phone is my ONLY means of getting work and I know how much I'd care to phone somebody with that problem - NOT! I can't afford to miss out like this. It'll have to go back. One other thing. Whilst driving, I like to listen to Radio Five Live on Medium Wave - for thye traffic reports. For the last three weeks, I've thought their signal had become more rubbish - really bad interference. I discovered today (after you told me to try moving it a bit away from the radio) that it's the GO720 - if I switch it off, the interference disappears! there's more - if I leave it switched on but disconnect the ciggy lighter power adaptor, the interference stops. I've just tried putting one of those little fat things on the cable, but it didn't make any difference.

Quote:
The new PC was a barebones upgrade from Novatech, consisting of case with 450 watt power supply, motherboard with processor plus fan and memory pre-assembled and tested for £269.00
Now I deffo know I hate you!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
sslbaron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new to the forum! I found it by doing a search for the Mapshare problem. I bought a Tom Tom ONE (3rd Edition) two weeks ago. I ran all the updates with Tom Tom Home 2.0. Everything ran beautifully, this was on 10/2/07. Today, 10/13/07, I ran another update, to make sure all the maps were up to date, and now I'm getting the "XULRunner has stopped working" message and TT Home shuts down. I'm running it on Windows Vista. I called TT support, and they told me I'd have to call back during the week because their specialized support wasn't available on Saturdays. They also told me that I needed to turn off my Bluetooth, this should fix the problem. Shocked That made me a little nervous about their customer service because they know I have a TT ONE 3rd edition which does NOT have Bluetooth. I don't know if the agent was trying to BS his way through this, because when I confronted him regarding this, he said that the unit has Bluetooth, but that only the icon has been removed...because the TT ONE 2nd Edition has Bluetooth (interesting.... Me Me Me ) Can anybody verify that the 3rd edition actually has it?

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that this problem is also on the TT ONEs, and it doesn't seem to be the Bluetooth affecting it since my unit isn't supposed to have it!! Wink

Thanks,

Scott B
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom One Third Edition DOES NOT HAVE BLUETOOTH, for some reason your phone call must have been picked up by someone who needs more training Crying or Very sad sadly this is not uncommon when dealing with support.
I am surprised support didn't ask you to remove the non existent memory card as well to be honest.

I cannot add any advice as to a solution to your problem though, this seems to affect some but not all users.

Welcome Welcome to the forum - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
All we can do is wait for the next Navcore firmware update.

No, this issue is nothing to do with the software in our units. It is a problem with their own servers. It seems fixed at the moment too.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have a problem with the xulrunner error. At first, it was only with trying to dl mapshare updates. (I'm in Toronto CAN, btw). Without going through the frustration of dealing with support in New York involving the 'latest' TomTom home version (which wasn't), I'm now encountering the crash when trying to run the 'operate my go' option from the desktop software. So, I don't think it's a server problem at all.

In fact, one techy I spoke with said TomTom is aware of the problem and hopes for a software patch by the end of the month. (October).

Let's hope....
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
So, I don't think it's a server problem at all.

Well, my 720 (with Bluetooth still enabled) used to pick up Mapshare updates fine via Home 1.6 or 2.0

Then everybody (including me) started to have problems a week ago.

I changed NOTHING on my unit.

Now it is working again. So I stand by my assumption that THIS problem was a server problem at their end.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A SOLUTION for the xulrunner problem and the 'Operate my Go'.

Just got the email from TomTom (North America) support:

First completely exit out of HOME by closing the window then right-clicking the icon in the system tray and selecting Exit. Then go to C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul\plugins\emulator\navcore and delete all the files there. If you have Vista, also go to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\RANDOMSTRING\emulator and delete the navcore directory if there is any there. Then open HOME again and click Operate My GO. A emulator DLL will be downloaded that will prevent this feature from crashing.

This fix is for the crash when using the Operate My GO feature, and may not help for the crash when downloading Map Share. That should be fixed when HOME 2.1 is released October 25.

-----------------------------------------

I did as stated and my Operate my Go now (again) works. Didn't try to dl the mapshare. Will wait for the Oct 25th update of the software.

(To Moderator) Maybe a sticky for the solution? Just a thought.
GoNoWhere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: A SOLUTION for the xulrunner problem and the 'Operate my Go' Reply with quote

Hi dhn,

I have a GO720 and am running XP Pro SP2. I suffer from the "not being able to download the file to "operate my Go" syndrome". I received the same advice from TomTom (delete files from navcore folder), but unfortunately (for me) the folder was already empty! I've tried uninstalling, re-installing, uninstalling and manually deleting any leftovers etc, but always get the same error when Home wants to download the file it needs.

So, their fix.......doesn't!
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cure for 'xulrunner.exe' failure

Forgive me if this is considered cross posting, but a solution to the mapshare fiasco that works was posted by new member 'empty' earlier today:

Quote:

The remedy (with the TomTom unit in the cradle and powered on) was to go to TomTom Home/Preferences/TomTom MapShare/Remove Corrections.

From there, select both boxes (to remove the previous corrections), apply, restart the unit.

Unquote:

Empty's full posting can be seen at: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=350790#350790

I powered up and run Tom Tom Home followed the instructions rather sceptically.

But this works and everything is working fine, no problems at all.

Credit to Empty for posting the solution
GO 920 Dead
GoNoWhere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Operate My GO - Fixed! Reply with quote

For anyone out there that was unable to download the required file when trying to run "Operate My Go" for the first time, using Home 2, I have just received an email from TomTom advising that the problem is now solved!

No changes required at my end, so it must have been a problem at their (server) end.

I tried it and it worked succesfully first time.

Cheers.
sslbaron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

It looks like TT has released a new version of TT Home (2.1) to address this problem. Please see this:

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=7857&Lid=1

I hope this helps! It worked for me! Very Happy

Scott

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: