Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - USA & Canada map updates December 2006
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

USA & Canada map updates December 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ascsbe
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just ordered one as well. No charge apart from handling. cant be bad
ascsbe
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. When my DVD arrives how can I tell what size storage card I will need to take the map. Also will my TT accept a normal card that you buy from stores.
Thanks.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As I will be visiting Florida next month I would naturally like to acquire some USA maps as cheaply as possible, and this seemed as cheap an option as any!

The friends we are staying with own a permanent holiday home out there, (so I have a valid shipping address) but I don't think they have any USA registered credit cards... and I certainly don't!

The TomTom site was quite happy with my ONE V2 GB serial number and gave me the option to obtain the maps for a total cost of just $6 (to cover shipping & handling) which is great, but I am not sure how I can pay for them... any ideas anyone?
ascsbe
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid for mine to be delivered to a florida address with Paypal, and the credit card is a uk card. No problems experienced.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ascbe... I have just put my order through, and was given a ToTom order number, plus an email receipt from PayPal, so let's hope it will arrive OK. We are not actually over there until the middle of February, so that should work out quite well.

To answer your previous question, any SD card should work OK, but it is probably best to get a fairly fast 2 Mb card such as this one (http://www.valueshop.co.uk/info.asp?MFGno=SDSDX3-1024-902&taba=4&tabb=1) although you might even be able to find it a bit cheaper still, if you shop around.

As I am sure you know, it is a good idea to back up your original one first, and keep it as a 'spare' just in case you do run into any problems.

If anyone doesn't agree with this, I am sure they will soon tell us!
jzerocsk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any one even received a ship notice yet?
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jzerocsk wrote:
Has any one even received a ship notice yet?
Hi,

They told me that I can expect to receive it in about 3-4 weeks, so unless you ordered one well before Christmas it is probably a bit soon yet to expect a shipping notice.

I did however receive an email from TomTom acknowledging receipt of my order.
Noobiest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered one to my address in Canada. I paid with my UK paypal account and all seemed fine.

If this works I will be stoked. I was going to buy the 910 last week instead of the v2 for when I return home.

I will let you all know if/when it arrives.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only slight concern I now have is that if TomTom were to issue a FREE map update for the UK (or Europe)... or is that wishful thinking... would those of us who have ordered the USA DVD still be able to take advantage of such an offer, or would TomTom say that we have already recieved our one free map entitlement?

Just a thought!
Noobiest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montala wrote:
The only slight concern I now have is that if TomTom were to issue a FREE map update for the UK (or Europe)... or is that wishful thinking... would those of us who have ordered the USA DVD still be able to take advantage of such an offer, or would TomTom say that we have already recieved our one free map entitlement?

Just a thought!

Mmmm.....could be.

For me it is still a winning situation , but for some others you might want to consider that. It seems as though the company would eventually need to honor its European customers.

I hope it works for the Onev2?

While we are on the map subject, what is the most up to date Uk/Western Europe map? Does my new v2 have it?
uocooper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new maps showed up in the mail today and I've spent some time looking over all of the errors that I've run across with the maps that shipped on my 910. So far my reaction is Wow! There was only one error that I was aware of that was still not shown as being fixed according to http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com so I assumed it would be the same on this map but it's actually fixed. Yes, this release seems to be more up to date than mapinsight. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy but I hope teleatlas gets on the ball. So far, every error I reported to TeleAtlas has been fixed. I'm not saying they fixed anything because of me but all of the errors I am aware of on the original 910 maps have been addressed with the new release. The map version is North_America v665.1293. Hopefully this is the same version they're selling to people in Europe because at least in Portland, Oregon this is a big update with lots of fixes. Unfortunately I can't comment on Florida since that seems to be the only state you lot seem to be know about. Laughing Actually I just found one error that hasn't been fixed and for those who care, Navteq has it wrong as well. Anyway, sorry for rambling but I'm very pleased with this map update.

Report map errors- http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned from CES and also found the maps in the mail. Let's see how the Texas area is looking now, after the slight hickup with the 660 version.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
uocooper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that it sometimes gives me slightly different routes than it did with the older maps even though the streets are the same on both. With the new maps the green exit sign now shows the exit number along with the name of the exit whereas before it would only show the name and if you wanted to know the number you had to check the bottom of the display. I like this new way much better actually.

Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Just returned from CES and also found the maps in the mail. Let's see how the Texas area is looking now, after the slight hickup with the 660 version.

Hi Lutz,

Can I ask how long ago it was since you ordered them, and also whether you received an email from TomTom advising you that they had been despatched?

Thanks,

David
uocooper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my update the day that they became available and never received a shipment notification.

For those who downloaded the new North America map update in Europe and would like to know if it's up to date, I have a few areas that have been updated from the original 910 maps to compare to. Just use Browse Map- Find- Latitude/Longitude.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: