Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MioMap v3.2 is available for download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MioMap v3.2 is available for download
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:

Totally agree sal, thing is I am not all that experienced pc wise, could you please explain the best way to go about this, when you have the time obviously. I would be very gratefull.

The only way to do it will be with bluetooth. That seems to be the only way of getting files in and out of the device, since Mitac have been so careful to block access to the files by any other means. There are various posts on here about how to use bluetooth, and if you don't have bluetooth on your PC you can buy an adaptor quite cheaply.

Sal
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sal, yes I have bluetooth, I got it to install the "phillipa" voice.
Do I just copy everything and save in my documents or something?. Sorry for being soooooooo stupid, i`m good at following instructions, just scared at tacling things on here without knowing what I am doing.

Thanks...dil

the_pts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

I installed v3.2 this morning, and yes the instructions are much better, I have a C210 in the UK with a TMC arial however I have not been able to pick up any TMC information.

The screen goes through the motions of scanning the FM range and then will either say

No TMC
TMS Present or
Testing

the Orange signal strength never seems to change just about 2mm or colour.

I have tried it in the car, in the house ariel vertical, horizontal, and nothing seems to change.

Am I missing something ???

The ariel I have is a prope Mio 75 euro one.

Please Help

Peter
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:
Thanks sal, yes I have bluetooth, I got it to install the "phillipa" voice.
Do I just copy everything and save in my documents or something?. Sorry for being soooooooo stupid, i`m good at following instructions, just scared at tacling things on here without knowing what I am doing.
Thanks...dil

No problem. Open up your bluetooth window and look at the top level listing of the Mio. You will see the folder 'miomap' that contains all the Mio programs and data.
Drag that to a folder on your PC and wait for everything to copy - it will take a long while over bluetooth so go away and do something else while it's happening. You don't actually need to copy all of the files because some of them haven't changed from the ones on the original CD. But it will be much simpler is you do copy them all.
Then if you lose the Mio programs for any reason you can do a restore.

Sa
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter

This is what Mio advises today when I asked why the V3.2 manual shows TMC but my updated to V3.2 C210 does not display the icon.

TMC in UK is not supported yet, this is a payable service which is not included in the price of the Mio C210.

However, we are currently testing TMC adapters for the UK, they are expected to be released in one month.

The price of this TMC receiver will include TMC license for UK.

The TMC button is not shown if no receiver is attached or no TMC stations are found, currently this is the case for UK.

On the other hand the software installed on your system is TMC UK ready.

This means, when you order a TMC UK device, you simply have to connect it and TMC will become automatically available.

cheers

Allan
xantia
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: 3.2 Download Reply with quote

Twice this evening I have had 'Update is Unfinished' HTTP Exception has occured'. I hope that the software knows where it has got to, and will retry.

Mike
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pts wrote:
HI

I installed v3.2 this morning, and yes the instructions are much better, I have a C210 in the UK with a TMC arial however I have not been able to pick up any TMC information.

The screen goes through the motions of scanning the FM range and then will either say

No TMC
TMS Present or
Testing

the Orange signal strength never seems to change just about 2mm or colour.

I have tried it in the car, in the house ariel vertical, horizontal, and nothing seems to change.

Am I missing something ???

The ariel I have is a prope Mio 75 euro one.

Please Help

Peter

Hi Peter,

I too have had the same with my C210, but there are a few things to bear in mind:

you need to have a route planned

you need to have the TMC receiver connected to a power source (cigarette lighter) and the FM antenna plugged in to it

you need to be in an area with TMC reception - most major roads are covered (or so I'm led to believe)

TMC is transmitted from several sources, which are not necesarily broadcasting constantly and, like with FM radio (you may have to change radio station during your journey because the signal drops out), it picks up the strongest signal and re-scans when the signal is lost

the TMC function has to detect a problem on the route you have planned, which will affect you before it reports anything - so most of the time you shouldn't even notice it's there

I travel 60 miles each way to work and the TMC reception was patchy - but most of my route is cross country because the motorway is so boring - but I was surprised at how much reception I did get

the traffic information should be used as a guide only - sometimes it takes a while for a problem to be reported and filter through the system to the TMC and hence your C210, but having heard reports from people who've already use it, it's pretty good. The original TrafficMaster information service took about 20 minutes to filter through from the detection slow moving traffic to data reaching your TrafficMaster console.

Please remember that TMC technology is still fairly new and getting hold of information on it is like finding hens' teeth.

I think we'll just have to learn as we go along

I hope this is helpful
the_pts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes the TMC is powered

surely if mio knows it does not work in the UK why did they sell me 2.

Once for a C210 and one for a C510

Both ordered on advise of the mio help line

Peter
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With MioMap v3.0 I didn't even get a TMC icon on the GPS Data screen (as indicated in the 'User Manual'

After updating to v3.2, I did a 'hard reset' of my C210 - holding the power button for about 5 seconds, then when I powered it back on and reset the language etc the TMC icon appeared

Perhaps you could try the 'hard reset' and try again - it worked for me
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MioC210user wrote:

instructions are better (eg when approaching a roundabout)

By this do you mean that the standard voices now have the roundabout issue fixed - I have been using an edited version of the UK female voice. If they have then it looks like Mio are listening.

Pity Tele Atlas aren't as the map changes I have flagged to them have not been rectified.
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernest_mio wrote:
MioC210user wrote:

instructions are better (eg when approaching a roundabout)

By this do you mean that the standard voices now have the roundabout issue fixed - I have been using an edited version of the UK female voice. If they have then it looks like Mio are listening.

Pity Tele Atlas aren't as the map changes I have flagged to them have not been rectified.

What I meant was that the audible instructions are given earlier when approaching a roundabout or junction - ie, at about 300 yards you're told which exit to take at a roundabout whereas this was about 100 yards before the update. Also if there are instructions close together, it now says do this then do that, rather than giving individual instructions (often at short notice) as it did before.

Speed camera warnings now come at about 300 yards or so instead of about 150 yards, so it gives you more time to slow down
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for confirming that they have fixed the old roundabout issue. Looks like I need to switch back to the UK male voice to hear the improvements and asmend the female voice scripts where necessary.
Alangunn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only had my c210 3 week's and just updated it to 3.2 this morning but i can't see any difernce in it.
It said voices when updating but no new vioces in it now.
That was what i wanted somthing outher than Thomas Laughing Out Loud any idea how i can put any more on this.
Thank's
Alan.
phulatt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thought I'd post a few more observations on the 3.2 update.

The TMC information screen is much better now actually displaying the road each traffic event is on rather than just the junction, there is also alot more information for each event, good stuff.

The speeding warnings now work when they are enabled so no more "You are over the speed limit" when you're doing over 46mph on the motorway!

This also works with speed cameras to so if you approach a speed camera above the speed limit you will get an alarm until you reduce speed. When you are not above the speed limit the Mio just beeps as you approach the camera. There are a couple of small display issues related to speed cameras. For instance, the display of speed for a speed camera seems to be incorrect as it displays limit 80 (kph) for a 50 speed limit camera. For Specs, it displays the incorrect (kph) limit as you approach the camera, but when you enter the zone it displays the correct limit but with your average speed calculation displayed in KPH!

A few little bugs to sort out there but nothing major as from an audible point of view it is working as it should which is the main thing. Now we just need to have all the speed cameras from the PGSW database with directions on and we'll be laughing.

Paul
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi phulatt.
Thanks for the obs.
Only one comment I have to make.
I used to get the overspeed warnings for cameras on v3.11. :D

CeeJay.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: