Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5 advanced route planning.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5 advanced route planning.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boycey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Help with itinerary conversions, please Reply with quote

Hi, previous copilot 5 user, now a tt5 nav user, and trying to transfer saved trips over to the ITN folder from copliot. Read as many post as i can, but can't see any ref to this particular conversion.
In copilot they seem to save as .trp files and PIOedit and ITNconv don't seem to recognise this.
Also tried re-doing the trips in autoroute but these came out as .agb files, again not recognised.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Help with itinerary conversions, please Reply with quote

boycey wrote:
Also tried re-doing the trips in autoroute but these came out as .agb files, again not recognised.

How did you import the points into Autoroute?

When I save in Autoroute I can only Save As .axe or .axt, I don't recognise the .agb extension.

I'm not sure what you are doing. More info might help.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
boycey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: itinerary coverts Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for double post, I had a couple of trips planned in autoroute 99 and tried to convert them over to .ITN (mainly practice to find the best way to plan a trip on PC and then put it onto ppc). But when i did save as it came up .AGB.

On copilot 5, the trips are saved as .TRP

hope thats enough info.
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...is there a novices guide to what ITN actually means and how to use it, or is it for experts only ? Tx.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, there are details located http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20654&start=0
Lutz posted them a while back - Mike
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mikeact
I only came aware of ITNconv last week and I downloaded it immediately. There are no instructions with it but I was able to master it straight away. Basically (for Novices) what ever trip one plans on Autoroute can be saved and then converted into an Itinerary file (by ITNconv).
If that file is then saved in the Tomtom itn folder it can later be opened by Tomtom and the planned route will be faithfully followed.
Just as an experiment I sat at my computer and planned a trip on Autoroute to see what the result would be. I made 18 unnecessary deviations (using the pushpins) and the planned journey was easy to see on the PC screen. When all was finished and placed into the Itinerary folder on my TT5 I set off on the journey. It all went perfectly. My holiday this year is in France and all my trips will be planned in this fashion. It is so much easier to plan on a large screen and one can scroll over the route to make sure that all will run smoothly when the big day actually comes.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: itinerary coverts Reply with quote

boycey wrote:
Hi, sorry for double post, I had a couple of trips planned in autoroute 99 and tried to convert them over to .ITN (mainly practice to find the best way to plan a trip on PC and then put it onto ppc). But when i did save as it came up .AGB.

On copilot 5, the trips are saved as .TRP

hope thats enough info.

My guess is that you might have to use a later version of Autoroute. Perhaps MS have changed the File System since 99. Do you have any other Options under Save As?

I don't know anything about the CoPilot File Format, so unable to suggest a way there.

Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Trevor1234...to show you what a novice I am, I did a Google search on ITNconv, and came up with a load of French sites...was that right ?
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mikeact
If you go back to page 1 of this thread you will see a reply from oldboy. On it he says 'Do you mean a Program like ITNConv, which can be found here'.
If you click on the word 'here' you will go to the site. Like you, I couldn't find it via Google.
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, this is the page the zip File come from:
http://benichougps.blogspot.com/

BJB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor1234 wrote:
Hi Oldboy and schneid
Yes, ITNConv works. I just plotted a route on the PC with Autoroute and transferred it to TT5. Bingo! I hope that Nygie gives it a try and if he does then I will be interested in hearing his opinion.

I picked up your thread on ITNConv and downloaded it. put in an existing Autoroute jorney I had saved but cannot work out how to transfer this back into my IPaq 3970 running TT5. I must be missing the obvious but 10.45 pm must be way past my bedtime because I cannot see it. Any help appreciated in a step by step.

I cannot imagine how us new boys would manage without these forums.
Regards
Bryan
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BJB
Ok, I plan a route on Autoroute and save it (save it anywhere). I then exit Autoroute. Then go to the ITNconv programme and click on Open.
In the ITNconv window find the route that you have just saved and click on Open.
You will now see Lat and longitude data appear. Click Export and the next window lets you save the file (I save it on the desktop).
The file that you have now saved is an Itinerary file. Copy that file (Right Mouse Button/copy).
Place your PDA in its cradle and let it synchronize.
On your desktop go to Microsoft Active sync / File/ explore / my pocket PC and you will see a folder called itn. You must paste the copied file into that folder.
The process only takes a minute when you have mastered it. Let me know how you get on.
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
boycey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[My guess is that you might have to use a later version of Autoroute. Perhaps MS have changed the File System since 99. Do you have any other Options under Save As?

I don't know anything about the CoPilot File Format, so unable to suggest a way there.]

.AGB was the only option, i did try to just change the extension to .ITN, but it didn't work, when i browsed for it in ITNconv and opened it. it came up empty.

Is there a map system on the internet that came be used, (ie multimap, streetmap, theaa.com) just a thought. We are planning our trip round the lakes at the mo, but are having to do it on the ppc, which is ok but a bit fiddlely.

Any ideas?

Boycey
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boycey wrote:
i did try to just change the extension to .ITN, but it didn't work,

Just a thought, try changing it to .AXE

BJB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor1234 wrote:
Hi BJB
Ok, I plan a route on Autoroute and save it (save it anywhere). I then exit Autoroute. Then go to the ITNconv programme and click on Open.
In the ITNconv window find the route that you have just saved and click on Open.
You will now see Lat and longitude data appear. Click Export and the next window lets you save the file (I save it on the desktop).
The file that you have now saved is an Itinerary file. Copy that file (Right Mouse Button/copy).
Place your PDA in its cradle and let it synchronize.
On your desktop go to Microsoft Active sync / File/ explore / my pocket PC and you will see a folder called itn. You must paste the copied file into that folder.
The process only takes a minute when you have mastered it. Let me know how you get on.

Sucessfull :D :D

Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated

Bryan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: