Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Help me understand why you don't submit the changes to our database?

Please see my previous post page 8. I thought that the moderators monitor each forum but I seem to be wrong.

I actually put a recommendation forward which Sally was all for but I got no replies.
I personally now have at least info for 130 cams which include redlight cams and I'm sure that other MIO users have the if not more.

Please let me know where I can submit the txt file or where I can post just the IDs with the directional info.

Dee
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:

I personally now have at least info for 130 cams which include redlight cams and I'm sure that other MIO users have the if not more.

Please let me know where I can submit the txt file or where I can post just the IDs with the directional info.
Dee

You have been busy Dee! I hope we can all share that information soon.

Sal
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:

Dee

Dee,

i've sent you a PM about this.

cheers

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have found my problem with the Google application not displaying cameras and have included the cause here for the benefit of others that may be having the same prblem. I run the Zone Alarm Pro firewall which was blocking them. You have to set it up to allow 'Private Headers' on the Privacy-Site List page for www.pocketgpsworld.com. Thanks for the help in finding this. I thought that I was going round the twist looking for the cameras.

I note with interast the addition of a 'compass' on the PGPSW cameras page, but still no box to allow one, two way etc.
I havn't got such an extended list of direction info as DeeJay, but I've got the direction info for about 12 cameras in the south east.
Pity PGPSW doesn't allow for the sending of a text file. Would take DeeJay hours to enter all his by hand into their reporting page thingy. Or do they?

Trevor
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:

I note with interast the addition of a 'compass' on the PGPSW cameras page, but still no box to allow one, two way etc.
I havn't got such an extended list of direction info as DeeJay, but I've got the direction info for about 12 cameras in the south east.
Pity PGPSW doesn't allow for the sending of a text file. Would take DeeJay hours to enter all his by hand into their reporting page thingy. Or do they?
Trevor

Perhaps DeeJay or MaFt will let us know what was in the PM. It might be useful to us all.

Sal
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
M8TJT wrote:

Trevor

Perhaps DeeJay or MaFt will let us know what was in the PM. It might be useful to us all.

Sal

All
I'm glad this is moving in the right direction now.
I have answered the PM so hopefully I will get a response quickly so that we can move this on.

Just to note, I have used Sally's logic for the format of the camera direction where (1) is a fixed cam on the side of the road that cannot be made bidirectional and (2) is a bidirectional cam in the middle of the road.

i.e. Gatso:1234@50,90,2
mean camera facing 90 degrees at the time of capture (Eastbound) but has the facility to be switched around to face 270 degrees (Westbound).

I think there is an important thing to note that we must take care in submitting the Truvelo cameras (although i have none at present) as we all know that they face you to capture your number plate so the logic will have to be applied in reverse.

Dee
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dee. You have a PM.

Regarding the forward/reverse facing thing, even if you aren't very familiar with the camera types it's not too difficult to decide which side of the road the camera is monitoring by its physical position. If there is any possibility that it could monitor both sides then of course it's type 2. In all cases the angle quoted must be the direction of the car's travel.

No doubt PGPSW staff will make their own judgement as to the veracity of the information offered, as they always do.

Sal
Stefan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Are other POIs affected? Reply with quote

I have read through the thread and this is exciting. I have been disappointed about the speed camera updates previously downloaded from MIO site. Here is the remedy, with easy to follow instructions for people like me. Thanks to all who have worked on this... Please forgive my ignorance... Quick question. Will importing the camera files GPSW overwrite the other, non-camera, POI information already held on the 710?

Regards,

Stefan
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Are other POIs affected? Reply with quote

Stefan wrote:
I have read through the thread and this is exciting. I have been disappointed about the speed camera updates previously downloaded from MIO site. Here is the remedy, with easy to follow instructions for people like me. Thanks to all who have worked on this... Please forgive my ignorance... Quick question. Will importing the camera files GPSW overwrite the other, non-camera, POI information already held on the 710?

No effect at all. The other POI's are stored in an entirely different way.

Sal
Stefan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sal

Stef
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
Thanks Dee. You have a PM.

Regarding the forward/reverse facing thing, even if you aren't very familiar with the camera types it's not too difficult to decide which side of the road the camera is monitoring by its physical position. If there is any possibility that it could monitor both sides then of course it's type 2. In all cases the angle quoted must be the direction of the car's travel.

No doubt PGPSW staff will make their own judgement as to the veracity of the information offered, as they always do.

Sal

Sally

PM received and sent
In regards to the directional thing with the Truvelo cams I was pointing out that if you quote the degrees that the camera is facing then you will not get an alert when it is needed. PGPSW will have to make sure that they make the adjustment.

Dee.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:

Trevor

feel free to put 'reversible' or 'both ways' in the comments box for now

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:

Sal

i gave him an email address to send them to - i'd rather not post it on the forums cos lots of spam machines like to scour forums for email addresses.

also said to put them in a txt file with the type, id #, heading and 'number of ways (1 or 2)'

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:

mean camera facing 90 degrees at the time of capture (Eastbound) but has the facility to be switched around to face 270 degrees (Westbound).

I think there is an important thing to note that we must take care in submitting the Truvelo cameras (although i have none at present) as we all know that they face you to capture your number plate so the logic will have to be applied in reverse.

Dee

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

the heading is the direction you're travelling and NOT the way the camera is facing!!! whether it's a truvelo, monitron or gatso you need to use the direction you are travelling!

sorry for the bold red text but it's important! dee, can you let me know if you 'reveresed' all the truvello headings in the file you sent me? if so i will have to re-reverse them before adding the data

MaFt
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
DeeJay01 wrote:

Dee

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

the heading is the direction you're travelling and NOT the way the camera is facing!!! whether it's a truvelo, monitron or gatso you need to use the direction you are travelling!

sorry for the bold red text but it's important! dee, can you let me know if you 'reveresed' all the truvello headings in the file you sent me? if so i will have to re-reverse them before adding the data

MaFt

MaFt
Sorry you are right. It is the direction that you are travelling in. Embarassed
I didn't submit any Truvelo cams in the file that I sent so everything is ok. 8)

I think that the pocketgps_update file should be in some form of order like the way PGPSW distribute it so that you wont duplicate any cams that already have been submitted.

Dee

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17

Jump to: