Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
Why can`t you understand that the map has been pulled? Its been mentioned several times now that hardly any x20 users are getting the latest map guarantee. The ones that have are lucky. Its well known now that there was a problem with some v7.10 maps for the x20 units and thats why its be taken offline.

Taken offline?
HOME offers me to download that Western Europe v7.10 map for my GO720 everytime it's started.
You can buy that Western Europe v7.10 map from TomTom Shop.

Seems that the support section is the only one in the TomTom organization that knows that there is no Western Europe v7.10 map for the GO x720 devices.

I like the GO720 device, it's not perfect, but IMHO it's the best equipment on the market just now. The TomTom Support is not on the same level. They could be, if the management understands to invest for the support training.
Sorry, but now I'm very sceptic for all the support answers (by experience). Rolling Eyes
duckie008
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading through this thread, i am getting more and more confused! I've downloaded the Western Europe map v710.1561 via TomTom Home 2.1 a few weeks ago. It took 2 attempts but i finally loaded it on the 720. This has nothing to do with the map guarantee as i was outside of the 30 day period.

Now, is TomTom saying there is a free map upgrade to a version newer than 710.1561 for every 720 owner? Or does this only apply to people who couldn't download their free map guarantee when they only had their 720 within the 30 days? The Western Europe map and Western & Central Europe Map will become one??... So Confused!!
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckie008 wrote:
Reading through this thread, i am getting more and more confused! I've downloaded the Western Europe map v710.1561 via TomTom Home 2.1 a few weeks ago. It took 2 attempts but i finally loaded it on the 720. This has nothing to do with the map guarantee as i was outside of the 30 day period.

Now, is TomTom saying there is a free map upgrade to a version newer than 710.1561 for every 720 owner? Or does this only apply to people who couldn't download their free map guarantee when they only had their 720 within the 30 days? The Western Europe map and Western & Central Europe Map will become one??... So Confused!!

It seems like TT is changing their policy on the allowable map on the 720.
It came with WE only in version7.05. Now that they have WCE ready and shipping on the 920, they want to make that available to new 720 buyers, but somehow it got screwed up. When the bug is sorted out, it seems they will just give it to all 720 owners as the new 720s will also come with WCE v7.10. Les hassle than trying to figure out who bought what when.

I have a 910 and was able to buy a WCE ver7.10.1561 (2GB) via home. It took 2 tries, but it finally worked. North America downloaded on 1 attempt, though its nearly the same size.

If I were a 720 owner, I would sit tight, wait for TT to solve the map issue and get my free upgrade. It makes no sense to buy a new map now for any x20 owner.

TT customer service is not the problem, their PR/Communication staff is.

I also agree that some customers get too hysterical due to slight inconveniences. Heck, the x20 users ALL have relatively new functioning maps, so why the panic about a FREE upgrade that is soon coming down the pipeline???
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Infama Clap
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it seems that the WE ver710 is mucked up. Seems to be an old version as someone on the YourNav forum has found at least 1 instance that where the WE 710 map is LESS updated than the old WCE 660 map !!! They must have compressed the wrong data for parts or all of that map version.

TT made a boo-boo and are hurriedly trying to fix it. That is why they are maintaining radio silence! LoL
duckie008
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Infama.

So it looks like although i have bought the latest WE map v710.1561, TomTom will release a new WCE map free for all 720 users in the next week or so.

Is it free for current 720 owners who have v705 maps? If so, do I get my money back for the v710.1561 i bought?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows!!!
Wait and see!
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice infama -

One thing that does worry me tho, my old Classic Go had v675 maps on it, and it was more up to date than my 7.05 maps on my new 720 for my local area. Truly bizarre, and puts into perspective map "upgrades" - sometimes can be "downgrades!"
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well, you won't want to hear my latest response today from TT (it merely adds to the catalogue of rubbish).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
nim1206
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone help me - please.
I have Tom Tom Mobile installed on my Nokia N70.
Is there a map update for this?
Currently : App version 5.200 (443)
Map v562.
Thank you in advance
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russd1978 wrote:
Good advice infama -

One thing that does worry me tho, my old Classic Go had v675 maps on it, and it was more up to date than my 7.05 maps on my new 720 for my local area. Truly bizarre, and puts into perspective map "upgrades" - sometimes can be "downgrades!"

Hi russd,

I appears that the new 710 WCE map also is a downgrade.

I just checked a UK location (N53.49326, W2.95075) and the 660 map had the new highway junction linking the M57, M58 and A59. The new 710 map shows the situation pre-junction opening. Definite screw up. Seems that TomTom messed up big-time and should upgrade everyone (map purchasers AND X20 owners) when they correct this mess.

Not best pleased.
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Oh, well, you won't want to hear my latest response today from TT (it merely adds to the catalogue of rubbish).

Please let us have it.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infama wrote:
DennisN wrote:

Please let us have it.
Briefly, their first response was to do all updates and get Home 2.1, then click on Latest map Guarantee. I said I'd pointed out to them in my first statement that I had ALREADY done all that. They now want to know device, map version, proof of purchase etc - all already sent as attachment with my first missive. - First missive was 12th November, they then replied on 16th after I'd reminded them, they've now responded today.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not so fussed about new maps i just want the colliers fixed as i turn onto a high street everyday gets annoying
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good old run around.

Clearly the techs realized they screwed up and they are keeping customer service in the dark.

I guess we just have to wait for the general fix.

I already emailed them for money back or free upgrade to the REAL updated maps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 9 of 36

Jump to: