Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustybullett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i now seem to have all the files in the right place but now the CM seems to be in idle Laughing Have tried all the previous suggestions and still it's idle.....I'll keep trying, seems it will be worth it in the end judging by all the reports on it so far. Thanks for all your help so far people.

Keeps up the good work :P
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get an error when poi loader runs...

what be up eh??!!

FIX ME!!

MaFt
guitareth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't get rid of the damned reminder balloon!!! Reply with quote

guitareth wrote:
trevf wrote:
Hi Ash, looks like another bug for you...

I turned on my Laptop this morning and it informed me that a new Speed Camera update was available, so I put my SD Card in and used POI loader to update it... so far so good. However Camera Manager is still prompting me to update at about 20 minute intervals.

After running POI Loader:

As you can see the time is 9:43.

The Camera Manager Screenshowing last check was at 8:00 (this was when the new database was downloaded):

It may or may not be of use but I use this Laptop to update 2 i3s. One I have here, the other I do not have access to at the moment. Is the repeated message coming up because I have not updated both i3s? If so then I would suggest that an option is made available to allow users to say if they want to be prompted to update all SatNavs they have ever connected or just until they update one. It was my understanding that the message should be cleared as soon as POI Loader was opened, not after the update had taken place.

UPDATE

Sorry Ash, worked out the problem. It looks like Camera Manager does not recognise the updated POI Loader that was released earlier this week (sorry I don't have the Version Number). I have reinstalled V 2 and it works fine.

I hope this helps.

Trev

I installed your Camera Manager software this weekend. Very impressed, except I'm having same problem as above. Have updated my POIs to a microSD card via a card reader, but it keeps popping up the reminder every few minutes that "Updates are now ready for installing using Gramin POI loader"

I had updated to latest POI Loader version 2.3.2, but after reading your concerns about the newer version on ths thread, I thought that might be the problem, so today uninstalled it and reinstalled v2.2.1. I then used POI Loader to again update my POIs to my card, but it is still annoyingly popping up the reminder at regular intervals. Aaaargh!!!

Is there anything I can do to convince your program that I HAVE updated and stop these constant reminders?

Update. With Ash's help I have resolved this. It appears that although I'd uninstalled the newer version 2.3.2 of POI Loader and installed v2.2.1, because I hadn't restarted my PC in between (it didn't ask me to) it had not installed the old version properly. I have gone through the whole uninstall/reinstall process again, but this time I restarted my PC after the uninstall. I then installed v2.2.1 and updated the POIs to my card reader. That was about an hour ago and the camera manager reminder hasn't popped up since. Great :D
Audio v2.30
HTC Desire Android Smartphone
--------------------------------------------------------
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash - does the new camera manager support the use of the original PGPSW speed camera icons? I think there was a trick with the Camera Updater that if you made the icons read only (although I don't know where) it worked once.

With the latest Nuvi firmwares, it sometimes overwrites the Approach warning with the next turn indication, which means without the speed limit icon it's not easy to see what the speed limit is (well, until the overspeed warning goes off I guess Smile )

I'd certainly like an option for this if possible.

Also, how should we pick up new versions - does the Manager automatically check for new versions of the application at all, or do we need to keep an eye on PGPSW...?

Thanks for some very useful apps.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I've thought this through some more.... because the Camera Manager / Updater uses the POI Loader version of the PGPSW camera database, it only includes a single bitmap for each type of camera, and the file contains all the additional information for the SatNav device to work out the correct warnings, so neither program can use the individual speed icons.

In which case, I don't need Camera Manager to work with the PGPSW bitmaps (although not constantly claiming there is a new version to upload would be nice - I'm running POI Loader 2.3.2).
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

what be up eh??!!

FIX ME!!

I gather that MaFt has fixed this by reverting to POI Loader 2.2.1 Wink
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
MaFt wrote:

what be up eh??!!

FIX ME!!

I gather that MaFt has fixed this by reverting to POI Loader 2.2.1 Wink

yeah, but i'velost 'g start' so i have to manually start poi loader when i connect me i3... bloody compiuters... right, i'm off for somemnore jagermeister:D

MaFt
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Ash
being a slightly mad person I have been using your wonderful prog on my Streetpilot 2720 and have just installed your camera manager on my machine . Now I didnt realise but I am using POI Loader 2.3.2 and it seems to have worked .Will know more when I go out later and check wether any pretty pics appear and bing bongs happen.

Just one question and its stupid really but the warnings are time based that I get, but is it based on your speed or the speed of the warning ie if I am travelling at 30 coming upto a 70 mobile (fat chance ) when does it go off ?

Rolling Eyes

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version 1.0.1.2 beta now available! 8)

http://tinyurl.com/nvlm4

Changes made:

1. Internet connection errors now appear as pop-up balloon.
2. IE page cacheing issues fixed.
3. No internet connection when first run problem fixed.
4. Settings window doesn't appear when first run.
5. Various internal tweaks ;)

Known issues:

Versions of POI Loader newer than 2.2.1 are still not supported Sad

I've looked into this, and the problem is that Garmin can't decide if it's "POI Loader" or "POILoader" - without a space.

Consequently, versions newer than 2.2.1 can cause a doubling-up of settings stored in the registry, and Camera Manager doesn't know which ones to look at... 8O

If you need to revert to 2.2.1 you can find it here:

http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/POILoader_20.exe

Don't forget to uninstall your current version first! Wink
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Ash. Many thanks.

Now if only a well known Firmware provider could listen to their customers and produce updates so fast I'm sure this forum would be a much happier place.

Thanks again.
djben9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Guys, this has been a help so far as i'm new to this!!.

Seem to have similar errors as above but will continue to read the topics before haslsing you for help! :D :D
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
Now if only a well known Firmware provider could listen to their customers and produce updates so fast I'm sure this forum would be a much happier place.

Funny you should say that, because:

Camera Manager version 1.0.1.3 beta is now available 8)

Exactly the same as 1.0.1.2 except that the newer versions of POI Loader are now supported.

That's right - POI Loader versions 2.3.1 and newer are now supported! :D

(But versions 2.2.1 and earlier are no longer supported Crying or Very sad Hey ho, you can't have it both ways... Sad )

Enjoy! Wink
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash

have downloaded the latest beta version but is coming up with :-

Beta version expired

Twisted Evil

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomthompson wrote:
have downloaded the latest beta version but is coming up with :- Beta version expired

Sounds like Internet Explorer On Fire has cached the previous version - try downloading it again in a little while...
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
trevf wrote:

Funny you should say that, because:

Camera Manager version 1.0.1.3 beta is now available 8)

Exactly the same as 1.0.1.2 except that the newer versions of POI Loader are now supported.

That's right - POI Loader versions 2.3.1 and newer are now supported! :D

(But versions 2.2.1 and earlier are no longer supported Crying or Very sad Hey ho, you can't have it both ways... Sad )

Enjoy! Wink
What can I say except well done!!! Thanks again for all of your hard work Ash.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 8 of 77

Jump to: