Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - www.global positioning systems.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

www.global positioning systems.co.uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wondo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: www.global positioning systems.co.uk Reply with quote

I bought a Mio 168 and TomTom Navigator bundle from GPS. It arrived on the 23rd of March with a damaged mains charger cable. In response to several e-mails they promised tosend a RMA form so that I could send back the charger and they'd send a new one. Then I discovered that the in-car charger is also defective. I have been trying to contact them since the 26th of March with no success. Their 'phone system says they're too busy to talk to me and cuts me off. They haven't answered any of my emails. The promised RMA has not arrived. I am not happy.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately if you read the forums here, it's par of the course for Global Positioning Systems.co.uk and only a few seem to be able to get through to them via telephone and also response via email. GloPos have had these problems for over a year now and have been promising updates to their systems to resolve these issues, but still no sign yet of these.

Posting here is a good thing because GloPos management do monitor these forums to try and rectify bad communication from the company, so hopefully Catherine or Simon will chip in here.

I stlil think GloPos need to better their telephone and email services, it's quite clear from posts in these forums that GloPos are still failing on communication which would suggest they're getting far too many calls and emails, which means the only way to resolve this is to employ more people.

If Catherine or Simon are reading this (and I'm sure you are), it would appear that returns aren't being checked properly, because we've had someone else posting in these forums with exactly the same problems on a Mio 168 in the past week from purchasing from Global Positioning Systems, I just hope it's not the same one that's been returned and sent back out again.
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Wando,

I'd like to help you but I don't know who you are. I want you to email me at catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk with your order number and also the ticket numbers for your emails and I'm sure I will be able to resolve this very quickly for you.

I wish to make it clear to everyone who reads this forum that we aim to respond to all emails within 24hrs and can confirm that we achieve this target 95% of the time. We NEVER have emails outstanding for more than 48hrs.

This means that if you never receive a reply it's either because we never received your email, in which case you won't have a ticket number, or you never received our reply which probably means it was filtered by your SPAM filter.

I look forward to hearing from you and reaching a speedy resolution.

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manager
Wondo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's WONDO by the way.

I have today sent several e-mails to catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk with the hope that one might get through. My e-mail systems never delete messages, inbound or outbound.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Catherine,

Catherine wrote:
I wish to make it clear to everyone who reads this forum that we aim to respond to all emails within 24hrs and can confirm that we achieve this target 95% of the time. We NEVER have emails outstanding for more than 48hrs.

Would you please confirm that you, Simon, and Jonathan received my email of Wednesday 30th March 2005, sent at 15:35 with a subject of “RE: GlobalSat BT 338 availability”? I sent the email from my work email address and sent it to my home email address, I also sent it with “request read receipt”. The only email that so far has picked it up is my home address.

As I was concerned that the email may not have got through, I rang Global Positioning Systems 48 hours later (Friday 1st April 2005) and spoke to “Alan” and asked if one of you (i.e. Catherine, Simon, or Jonathan) could ring me at work. Nobody did, nor did they leave a message on the voicemail system.

I have dealt with Global Positioning Systems for the last two years. I have always found you to be quick, efficient, and courteous. I have also had experience of returning faulty goods to Global Positioning Systems and found you again to be quick, efficient, and courteous in dealing with that. That is why I have always recommended you to others, and why you are my primary supplier of GPS related goods. I hope that this will continue to be the case.

NB, the above relates to my own recent experiences with Global Positioning Systems and in no way reflects any official views of PocketGPSWorld.

Regards
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Wondo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now in contact with Catherine Hinchcliffe and my little problems should be resolved very soon. The e-mail that she replied to on Monday the 4th of April was dated Monday the 28th of March so it appears that it was lost somewhere for a week. Several other e-mails seem to have disappeared altogether.

When they're good they're very, very good. None of us is always good.
Wondo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this morning received the cables for my Mio 168, as promised. Thanks.

I have not had a response to an e-mail that I sent to catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk at 9:04 yesterday (Tuesday) morning. I note that there is also no response to Robert's posting above. I can't help but suspect there is something seriously wrong with GPS's mail system.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wondo,

Wondo wrote:
I note that there is also no response to Robert's posting above.

Apologies for that, to their credit, Global Positioning Systems contacted me (via email) soon after my post.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Wondo,

I would usually not discuss individual customer issues on the forum, however I feel I need to defend myself publicly from your allegations.

I dispute your posting dated 6th April at 11.17pm.

You posted here on Sat 2nd April. I replied to your posting the same day then called you personally on Monday. I agreed to send the leads to you, which you confirm you have received. I agreed to investigate the email issue for you, which I did, and my findings were detailed in an email to you on Tuesday.

The reason you didn't receive an RMA is because, by your own admission, you quoted the incorrect order number. Had the correct order number been given you would have received the RMA on the 26th as promised.

On the email you sent me you quoted one ticket number, which means you only ever had one thread of email conversations. Had you sent more than one email and from different email addresses you would have had more than one ticket number prior to the 31st March. If you have more ticket numbers why didn't you send them to me?

I did receive the email you sent on Tuesday at 8.44am to customer services but

a) I can not understand why you would send an email to customer services stating the email was for me when you were already having a conversation with me on my business email address?

b) I didn't reply to the email you mention in your posting because you and I exchanged three emails on Tuesday 6th April between 9.04am and 2.14pm on my personal email.

Why, after exchanging 3 emails with me, would you then go onto this forum and say I never replied to your email?

You obviously feel that there is still some issue not yet resolved, and that by posting on this forum you will be able to achieve a resolution; quite what this issue is I do not know... What can I do to help resolve whatever your outstanding issue is?

Please Email me on my business email address catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk and I will try to help.

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manager

Spotlight Guides Ltd
Wondo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, I seem to have upset Catherine. Perhaps that's because she hasn't seen my e-mails to her. Please Catherine, call me and we'll work out which e-mails have reached you and which haven't. Then perhaps we can work out where they're going. It's clearly pointless for me send you another e-mail.

I have no 'issues' with Global Positioning Systems or Spotlight Guides. They supplied the kit I asked for in a timely manner. True it may have been stuff that had been rejected by someone else previously but I was warned that it had been returned. It would have been nice it it had been tested prior to dispatch but you can't win them all. Once contact had been made their returns process was spoilt only by my incompetence. It would have been sensible to check the order number was for the right customer but then you can't win them all. Once I had made contact with Catherine the replacement cables were dispatched promptly and arrived when promised. Catherine, and everyone else that I've dealt with at GPS, is friendly, helpfull, courteous and generally nice. The only problem is that it's difficult to make 'phone contact with Support and e-mails seem to disappear. I'm not the only one to experience these problems, as a scan through this forum will make clear. I just wish that I'd done that scan before I embarked on this adventure.

When they're good they're very, very good. None of us is always good, especially me.

Please call me Catherine.
pip60
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought Leadtek bt gps with Destinator 3 30 day trial from them. It arrived within 2 days. Trying to activate the software it said I needed a voucher code. Couldn't find this code anywhere in the packaging, so sent them several emails. They did reply, but first sent the phone number for ALK (Co-Pilot) and then one asking if I had a code with the CD. I'am hoping that someone from Global Positioning Systems will read this and help me

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: