Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - width, height restrictions and motorway junction numbers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

width, height restrictions and motorway junction numbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gizmomoggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: width, height restrictions and motorway junction numbers Reply with quote

Hi.
Is there anyway to show height and width restrictions in the UK and also motorway junction numbers as i am a recovery driver and i drive a lorry that is wider than the 6ft 6 restrictions and somtimes higher because of varying loads.
Also when i get called from the AA they give details like junction 5/6 nothbound on M1.
Also could I enter the Longtitude and Latitude details.
One more thing that has been asked is full postcode entry is it coming or at all possible.

Thanks

Chris
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have submitted a Motorway Junction POI for review. I don't know if it would be useful to you, but it lists the exits from M and A(M) junctions: i.e. M1 J5 N would bring you on to the M1 at J1-5 (depending where you were coming from) and take you towards J6. M1 J5 S would do the opposite, coming on at J5 or higher, and travelling South. (To use your example.)

To answer your last question, TomTom says yes.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
gizmomoggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: motorway junctions Reply with quote

Hi Richard.
Where can i view this doc and how can i load it to my 510 is it similar to loading the speed camera file.
Is it possible to file a link to this item.

regards

Chris
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put forward the OV2 and BMP files to be reviewed, for inclusion on http://pocketgpsworld.com/tomtompoi.php but as they have such a back log at the moment it's at the bottom of the pile. It's a big job but will get there someday.

If you would care to PM me with your email address I could email an attachment for you. It would include the CSV file so that you can follow the instructions given here.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: