Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - addons world dont deliver and dont refund
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

addons world dont deliver and dont refund

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: addons world dont deliver and dont refund Reply with quote

I think one should be very hesitant when purchasing good from addons world.com.
I recently attempted to purchase a case for my MIO Mitac 168 along with a podgear ipod FM transmitter. The podgear arrived with no problems but the PDA case was not there. They did reply to my enquiring email saying that they have no stoock and would I like to cancel. I replied that I would like my money back, but since then have heard nothing. They do not reply to any emails I send and no refund has been forthcoming.

I find it totally unacceptable that Etraders to take credit card funds before they even have the goods in stock, let alone actually deliver them.

rgds
Gurkhaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sorry to hear about your experience with Add-ons World but last Sunday, I ordered a travel charger from them, which arrived on Tuesday, no problems. I hope they sort out your refund. I bought my case from:

https://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php

I have a Typhoon My Guide 3500, which is similar to your Mitasc Mio 168 and the case is a perfect fit fo it.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: addons world dont deliver and dont refund Reply with quote

bobbo wrote:
They do not reply to any emails I send and no refund has been forthcoming.

Don't worry about getting your money back, provided you paid with a Credit Card (NOT a debit card/switch/delta) you are protected by consumer law.

If they haven't refunded you 2 weeks after you cancelled that part of the order then send them an ultimatum saying that you are going to ask your card issuer to resolve the dispute unless they refund you immediately.

If they still don't contact you or refund the money, then contact your Credit Card issuer and tell then you want to "dispute a transaction". They will credit the amount in question to your account and send you a form to fill in detailing the dispute.

The credit card issuer is legally obliged to resolve the dispute on your behalf - don't let them fob you off or tell you that you have to go back to the merchant (again), insist that they resolve it for you. Tell them you have tried to resolve it and this is your last resort.

Merchants don't like having transactions disputed, so hopefully this will put a rocket up them. Good luck and let us know how you get on!
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell how many emails you've sent on this matter, but don't forget the possibility that they haven't received your mail, especially if it was just one message.

My policy when I send emails that don't receive a reply (depending on who I'm dealing with, of course) is to leave it for a reasonable time then send the email again, perhaps with 'sent again as no reply received' across the top.

But if you've sent multiple messages forget I said anything.
bobbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: addons world Reply with quote

many thanks for your replies and advice.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: