Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dell delivery dates gone mad!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dell delivery dates gone mad!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLIFFH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Dell delivery dates gone mad!!! Reply with quote

Ordered an Axim X50V on 21/01/05 and was quoted 8 to 10 days for delivery.
Using Dell "order watch" until Sunday 30/01 the delivery date was 31/01.
Morning of the 1/02 I rang Dell to clarify a delivery date.
Was told it would now be a maximum of the 8/02 due to demand.

Was not happy but what can you do when you have ordered mounts etc from other firms and they have already turned up!

Sent Dell a email saying I was not happy no reply after 36 hours (their promise is a reply within 24)

Sent another email got a reply saying that APPROX DELIVERY DATE IS NOW 28/02 FIVE weeks after the order.

Rang Dell again was told that there was a good possibility that this date is not firm!!!!

Have left a very unhappy message for a 'resolution manager'

Will let you know when and if I get a reply.

Has anyone else had any troubles!!!
nigelw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are just an unfortunate victim of the success of the Dell offer on the X50. Dell have a bad habit of making exceedingly good offers and not having the stock to deliver. It's not uncommon on the uk.comp Usenet newsgroups to see moans from people who have tried to take advantage of Dell offers only to find that there is a long delay, or the offer is withdrawn prematurely. Luckily I ordered mine on the 14th and it was shipped on the 17th and arrived on the 18th.

One thing I'm waiting for is Dell to start selling accessories for the X50. I find it strange that you can get them when you purchase the X50, but they don't sell them yet separately.

If you are prepared to wait, the X50V is a lovely piece of kit. A VGA screen (nice), dual memory slots, BT, WiFi. If you took advantage of the free GPRS card you can even use it as a mobile phone (provided you've got a SIM card). With dual memory slots and BT you've the choice of pretty much whatever GPS receiver you want. I went for the GlobalSAT SD-501 SDIO as I already have CF cards for my digital camera and wanted to use those for maps. At the moment it's sitting in front of me displaying a reasonable 7 satellite fix, an hour ago it had a 10 satellite fix, and that's indoors.
calvinf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hate to be the bearer of bad news but the date they gave me when i called them was the 9 March, and they are allowing you to cancel the order if you want, ive started to look at HP, but the x50v was such a good price it hurts when you look at the HP prices, are there any other devices which match the x50 for spec and price? not worried about vga

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: