Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Mobile on the SPV C500 - post news here
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Mobile on the SPV C500 - post news here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJSnet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads-up to anyone now using the C500 update. On a very important journey today I couldn't get a lock (blue light) between the GPS and the phone. Consequently was late for firework display Sad No amount of rebooting both devices would help.

The final solution was to reinstall the recent Traffic update via ActiveSync. Somehow this reactivated it so the C500 worked again with TTM.

Report here if anyone sees this happening. Happy fireworks! Laughing
AbuEesa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on, are we saying then that the new Tom Tom Mobile package IS working with the C500?

Or do you HAVE to subscribe to this traffic service to make it work? Surely that wasn't the BT stack connection problem that Dave was talking about before...?

Help someone!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom have now a workaround, but from now on the only TTM version they will create is TRAFFIC. So you need to have a registered account (and I presume pay for Traffic-although not sure about this) to be able to get at the updated versions of TTM which will also work with the C500.

I guess the reason why TomTom are doing it this way is to stop piracy because you need to be registered with TomTom and I presume have an active traffic account.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJSnet wrote:
I couldn't get a lock (blue light) between the GPS and the phone. Consequently was late for firework display Sad

I guess it's a bit late now, but I recommend that you strap your phone and/or GPS to the biggest rocket you can find and set it off. That should solve your problem. Wink

(Oh, and make sure you have track logging switched on so you can see how high/fast it went!) Laughing
knightsfield
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJSnet wrote:

On the 200Mhz C500 it is as smooth as the TomTom GO (The E200 was a little slow). The 3D zooms in and out like a video game. The Traffic works a dream and saved me 20 minutes on a journey last night where there were a string of accidents (as people get used to darker evenings since the clocks went back I think - silly people Confused).

Having just tried TomTom on an E200 I would say it is more than a little slow. Even something as simple as scrolling round the 2D map display is painfully slow. Maybe its me, but on my E200 if you for example hold the joystick thingy down to scroll the screen all the roads vanish the screen then updates maybe a few times a second as it scrolls down, then when you stop scrolling the roads will be displayed and that’s with the POI and roads names disabled.

In the 3D view when driving you can have taken the turning and be a hundred meters or so up the road before the screen has been redrawn with your new position. Is the E200 just not up to the job, which is a shame as mapopolis runs very well on the same phone? Or do others find it not so slow on their E200s
dpms2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading these forums but I'm getting a bit confused. I'm sorry for being really thick but:

- If you copy the tomtom mobile software onto a mini SD card, will it work with the SPV C500?
dynamo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpms2: not straight away. After you've copied the directories from the MMC card to your miniSD card you'll need to run the tomtom traffic update (don't worry you don't need to subscribe to traffic updates).

Download it from HERE and then run it from your PC while your phone is connected by activesync.

You should not be able to get a connection with your TT GPS receiver.
dynamo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dynamo wrote:

You should not be able to get a connection with your TT GPS receiver.

Sorry, that should have said 'You can NOW be able to get a connection with your TT GPS receiver'.

For some silly reason, i don't seem to be able to edit my own post Confused ...
dynamo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made another mistake and i can't edit my post. WHAT'S GOING ON????????
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, for technical reasons, it's not currently possible to let users edit their posts.

If you want your original post edited, if you reply, I or one of the other moderators should be able to sort it out for you.

Meanwhile, I encourage people to Preview before they Submit.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: