Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTG editing POI category
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTG editing POI category

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: TTG editing POI category Reply with quote

I have been using TTG since it came out and it's fantastic! I have now updated to the latest version and downloaded the safety camera warnings. However, I have a question.... once you have added you're own POI categories, is it possible to edit them in the same way you can favourites? Basically I want to change the name of one of my POI categories but don't know how to do it without deleting the whole list and starting again. Any ideas??

Cheers Confused
efm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you attach it to your PC then browse to the Great Britain map directory on the SD card and rename the *.ov2 and *.bmp files from the old name to the name you want. Then when TTG starts up again it should pick up the new name. It is like adding any POI files to TTG when it boots up after you unplug the USB cable it reloads all the poi files again. This should work ok.
efm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you attach it to your PC then browse to the Great Britain map directory on the SD card and rename the *.ov2 and *.bmp files from the old name to the name you want. Then when TTG starts up again it should pick up the new name. It is like adding any POI files to TTG when it boots up after you unplug the USB cable it reloads all the poi files again. This should work ok.
wolfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I'll give it a go. It's a shame you can't just do it on ttg in one of the menus though.

Thanks again!
efm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if you use the dumpov2.exe and makeov2.exe programs you can firstly dump the contents of an ov2 file to text, edit the contents e.g names of POI's then use the makeov2 to compile it back into TomTom format. Which you can then copy back onto the TTG. The programs are on this web site in the POI section where there is a link to the TomTom website for download of the prgrams and a how to document. I found this usefull for dumping the contents of two ov2 files then copying the contents of one into the other then making a combined POI file.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: