Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Caravan and Camper Europe - Map only
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Caravan and Camper Europe - Map only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collietrainer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Andy
I have a go1005live with the camper v900 Europe map installed.
Cool

Hi
Would be interested to hear your opinion of the Europe Camper map and of any niggles? Very little on the forums about it and I am sure there are many interested parties considering purchasing but await input.

Cheers.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

collietrainer wrote:

This takes me to
https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/shop/maps/#deviceSelected=GO%20LIVE%201015
Somehow it already knows I have a GO LIVE 1005

On that page (or one just like it), although the heading says GO1005, the URL says GO1015

collietrainer wrote:

First two digits are ST - purchased from Amazon.

If you stick "ST" into TomTom's Which TomTom device do I have? page, it comes up with

GO LIVE 1005 / GO LIVE 1015 / GO LIVE 2050 - 8GB + SD

...which agrees with my theory that at least some versions of the GO1005 and the GO1015 are exactly the same thing - just stupidly given different model numbers in different countries.

If that's correct, then it's just a TomTom website problem when it says you CAN'T use the camper map on a GO1000 or GO1005 if you use the drop-down box. I'll let them know.
collietrainer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Well spotted Reply with quote

Well spotted Andy! Await to hear the outcome with great interest.

My headache is now feeling much better Wink
cliffbrown
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi collietrainer have you used the map in anger yet if so how was it
collietrainer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Kinda Reply with quote

Hi Cliff,
I have kept the 1005 in camper mode ever since i installed the new map. (Not had a chance yet to use the c'van for real - but soon I hope!) So far on the road solo it has not sent me anywhere I should not go with a c'van on the back. So its looking good.

I do seem to be having some problems with map corrections but it could just be my broadband/PC playing up and nothing to do with update to camper.
What happens is My Tom Tom offers me two new items - log in and there are two updates shown, map share community updates 7.8 MB and QuickGPSfix 60.1kb.

The tick box for GPS is greyed out but lightly ticked (I cant untick it) and map share is more heavily greyed out and ticked (I can untick it).
Press the install and both items are now lightly greyed and ticked and start to download as indicated by the downloading clock along side each of them.
My Tom Tom and 1005 screen hesitates at 91% for some time saying 0:12 mins remaining. The download clock still rotates.

Been like that for last five mins as I am downloading as I type. Now says your navigation device can be safely disconnected. Press OK.
On the My Tom Tom page it shows GPS is no longer available as its been downloaded(?) but mapshare still there at same size - 7.8MB. It can be unticked.
Click on install once more and download clock runs quickly 1005 screen saying 0:12 mins remaining.

Same sequence of events and after 5 mins says keep device connected and shows 100% downloaded. Then prompt to safely disconnect. Click OK on 1005 screen. My Tom Tom still shows map update at same size for downloading.
Logged out and switched map to Europe standard i.e. not camper Europe. Logged back into MTT and map updates still available 7.8MB.

Down loading showing 0:09 mins remaining with clock running. Hesitates at 24% while clock still running. 5 mins passes with clock running. 100% reached - Finished.

Now the map update size has changed to 34.3kb. So now I try to download the new smaller update. 0:12 mins remaining. 100%. Disconnect. Navigation device up to date!

But this is old Europe map. So switched back to camper Europe. My Tom Tom tells me my Nav device is up to date. I guess that having two maps on same device is causing this issue - Camper and Europe. Not brave enough to delete the old map ... yet!
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

collietrainer wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:
Andy
I have a go1005live with the camper v900 Europe map installed.
Cool

Hi
Would be interested to hear your opinion of the Europe Camper map and of any niggles? Very little on the forums about it and I am sure there are many interested parties considering purchasing but await input.

Cheers.

Sorry, I have not been here for some time - have been very busy elsewhere AND I tend to use my GO100Live Camper device mostly in the summer months, when travelling with my camper.
I'm trying to respond to this one at the same time:-
Quote:
Yes, if anybody else has an original camper TT or the caravan map then please add your thoughts and findings here.

Just some odd notes as I remember them:
Re; Speed limits whilst in camper mode: As I understand it, when you set up the device for 'Camper' one of the options is to put in 'Maximum Speed' but I cannot see how that would effect the route calculated. It does not warn you if you go over that speed and it does not avoid motorways with high speed limits.
Calculating routes takes ages longer than for a Car profile - assuming that it has to check for inappropriate roads. eg my short route from our local shopping area which is only about 3 miles away is lengthened by about 1 mile for the camper route.
I like being warned about restrictions and dead ends...useful with a bigger vehicle or with a caravan connected.
In general, the device works for me. I have used it last year on a 5,500 mile journey around Europe and never failed.
In the POIs there are a large selection of camping/caravanning sites, Aires, overnight stopping places etc,. but many are in German/Dutch etc. so the information is a bit difficult to understand if you are not fluent in those languages. I have put my own choice of ARCHIES on the device and always use that one.
Live Services usually work very well, although there have been a higher number of outages recently, which is a pain when you then get stuck in a jam unexpectedly.
I usually connect at least once a week just in case there are any updates for the device.
I do not like the 'Local Search' facility in place of Google - I tend not to use it now.
If I think of anything more, I'll have another post...
collietrainer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi Gee-Pee thanks for that. Quite agree about the local search lets have Google back please TT.

Thanks for input!
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: My post had an error on 27th Feb (above).

Just like to correct this statement, after testing the problem over the last few days.
Quote:
Re; Speed limits whilst in camper mode: As I understand it, when you set up the device for 'Camper' one of the options is to put in 'Maximum Speed' but I cannot see how that would effect the route calculated. It does not warn you if you go over that speed and it does not avoid motorways with high speed limits.
Calculating routes takes ages longer than for a Car profile - assuming that it has to check for inappropriate roads. eg my short route from our local shopping area which is only about 3 miles away is lengthened by about 1 mile for the camper route.

I have since found that you can set a Maximum speed on the device and it DOES warn you with a selected 'Beep' when you exceed the set speed and this is in addition to the normal posted nation speed limits which the device will warn you about.
I set a low speed of 50mph and each time I exceeded that speed I was audibly warned.
Sorry for any misleading information... Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: