Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can checkpoint work without problems?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can checkpoint work without problems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Can checkpoint work without problems? Reply with quote

Im still new to this world, but using checkpoint is causing me grief.

I have no problems installing it and getting it to run OK, but it seems to cause problems once it is installed.

Firstly I installed version 2.02, seemed to work OK for a few days. Next time I turned on my iPAq I had two problems:

(i) Explorer wouldnt load! - so no web browsing.
(ii) I could not use the 'Demonstrate route' option - an error 'unable to demonstrate route' appeared.

As checkpoint was the only thing I'd changed, I un-installed it and these two problems went away.

Yesterday I installed v3 (though I had read some people had experienced problems) - installed fine, registered on the site, downloaded and syncd POIs and was all working fine. Quite impressed, prefer it to v2.

This morning come to use it and my Bluetooth connection to my Fortuna wont work! Cant get it to work again after messing about, so deleted Checkpoint again and, hey presto, it works straight away.

I'm now thinking that as much as I want to use Checkpoint, it is not worth the hassle if Im going to keep getting problems.

Is this sort of experience the norm, and would I be better off looking at one of the other (even subscription) products?

Cheers
Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: