Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI and NON-Tom Tom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI and NON-Tom Tom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: POI and NON-Tom Tom Reply with quote

I am thinking of getting NAvigon Navigator 4 rather than TT3. Are the POI-Sync and Speed camera databases only for TT3, or can they be added to others - specifically NAvigon?

I think I've seen comments of the Navigon page saying POI-Warner works ok with Navigom, but I don't think that has speed cameras? I maybe wrong as usual Sad
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POI-Warner site claims that it works with Navigon. It does work with the Medion-Navigator software which is a re-badged copy of Navigon's software so I would expect it to work.

FYI - Some users have noticed an increase in lock-ups (needing a soft reset) with the Medion package after POI-Warner has been installed.
peter_rjs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: POI warner with Navigon 4 Reply with quote

Warner POI works fine in Navigon 4. I use the UK speed camera databases from http://www.poihandler.com (€12.00 subscription) and they have been 100% so far, though I have not traveled that extensively ...

I think you can also take the Pocket GPS camera database and edit/copy it using POI Edit - but I have not tried that yet. If someonehas, that would be good to know!

Navigon with the TMC is awesome. I held off getting TomTom with Traffic, as I did not fancy the ongoing GPRS costs, and traffic subscription. The TMC is free, and works very well.

Lockups? Yes - but that was with or without POI. I've found it's always best to soft-reset before starting, and then there are no problems.

Also, load POI onto the SD card as well to keep memory free.

Peter
hp2210 & Panasonic 512 SD
Navigon 4 TMC & BT
POI Warner
Omertron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, POI-Warner works fine with MobieNavigator|4. I use both, and have perfect results.

I use the Pocket GPS World speed camera database from this great site, but you do have to do a little work before you can use the normal tomtom ov2 files... Firstly use the POI edit software to download the POIs that you are interested in, then use the batch convert to change them from OV2 to ASC format and copy them to the \poiwarner\poi directory and next time you load it, they'll be there for you to use.

Hope that helps

Stuart

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: