Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wads wrote:
If anyone would like to test the route that their go suggests (using the A to B planning mode) I start at 31 Wellington Road, W5 4 (London) and go to TW16 7 junction of Cadbury Road and Chertsey Road in Sunbury Middlesex....... I can't remember the route that GO originally suggested (as I didn't like it) but my GO now takes me:

Wellington Road > Northfield Avenue > B452 > A3002 > A315 > A310 > A316 > M3 J1 > A308 > A244 (Cadbury Road)

I'd say lay off the whisky. Twisted Evil Immediate places to check are is it quickest versus shortest route? Did you setup a permanent avoid? I'm assuming TTG has these features. Don't think it's got configurable road speeds, so probably not there. Unless it has self-configuring road speeds ... pass the whisky Twisted Evil
Wads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuego wrote:
Wads wrote:
If anyone would like to test the route that their go suggests (using the A to B planning mode) I start at 31 Wellington Road, W5 4 (London) and go to TW16 7 junction of Cadbury Road and Chertsey Road in Sunbury Middlesex....... I can't remember the route that GO originally suggested (as I didn't like it) but my GO now takes me:

Wellington Road > Northfield Avenue > B452 > A3002 > A315 > A310 > A316 > M3 J1 > A308 > A244 (Cadbury Road)

I'd say lay off the whisky. Twisted Evil Immediate places to check are is it quickest versus shortest route? Did you setup a permanent avoid? I'm assuming TTG has these features. Don't think it's got configurable road speeds, so probably not there. Unless it has self-configuring road speeds ... pass the whisky Twisted Evil

No TTG doesn't have those options......
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to everyone, Sorry Dave i saw your question but i have been home for a quick trip.
Anyway as answered by another poster, the reason for not useing the original suction cup was because it did make it sit up too high.
Also you are gonna love this one. I could not believe how quick this unit picked up sattellites at 38,000 feet in the cockpit of a Qantas 747 wall to wall pity i didn't have the maps for London to Melbourne!!.
SilverButtons
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: new maps Reply with quote

meany wrote:
Ferr wrote:
I have TomTom GO and everything works fine while usng the pre-installed map of my country (italy) on the SD which comes in the box, the problems come when I tried to install "major routes of Europe" from the cd to another SD card. The installation process seems to work fine, but when I insert the new SD in the GO, is just like GO does not recognizes the SD (a red cross above a card simbol appears and nothin happens... where is the mistake?
Thanks and regards.
Ferr

Did you install the application (+update) on the new sd-card too?

Tom Tom Go doesnt do Europe yet, it just works with your own countrys mapping card as supplied with the unit. Other Tom Tom mapping on your CD wont work with it. I asked about this a few pages earlier on this thread, scroll back a few pages and you will find it.
SilverButtons
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just realised ferr was referring to 'major routes of Europe' and not the full European mapping.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use the Major Roads of Europe I used a new SD Card 256Mb and then installed the maps on to it.

I probably didnt do it in the approved manner. The process I used was:

1) Run up the Install CD.

2) Install the application programs to the SD card. I actually did this using a SD card reader on my PC.

3) Install the UK maps. Again using the SD card reader.

3) Test in GO. This worked but the UK Map had to be activated using the product code, the device id and running the whole lot through the www.ttcode.com activation site.

4) Install MRE using the SD card reader.

5) Back into the GO and it all works fine.
Ferr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Maps of Europe? Reply with quote

When, do you think, the cd with maps of Europe will be available for GO?
Regards
Ferr
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's suggested end of August but maybe a little later.
phily
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Supporting arms?? Reply with quote

A question for MikeB.........
I have had my TomTomGo for just over a week and it is fantastic, especially compared to the 2210+navman I have been using on and off and off.
It has been set up in my motorhome on the offside window and off the front screen with very easy connect to sats.

Question: How do you get the damn thing off the mounting arm. It was a very tight fit but will not release from the supporting arm.Question

Otherwise no problems but have noticed the routing in the first instance is on major/main roads...not a problem with a large vehicle. Coming into town the other day it routed me around the by-pass and not along the A22 which would have been quicker, but what the hell a little variety is good for you Rolling Eyes or so they say.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suction cup is pretty strong. Once you release the arm, the best bet is to find something thin and long, something like a stylus, a ruler, or even a long flat key, and slowly push it inbetween the suction cup and windscreen, and it will lose suction when you do this.

The suction cup does have a little tab on it, if you have this tab pointing up and you have long nails, you may be able to tug on this to make it lose suction, but if you don't have long nails you may have difficulty.
Ferr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
It's suggested end of August but maybe a little later.

So, no chance to get it before summer holidays even tough on TomTom website is written "expected to be available for mid-july"...?
Regards
Ferr
phily
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Arms Reply with quote

Dave

Many thanks but is not the suction pad that is the problem, but getting the unit off the base plate on the supporting arm.
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

press the right button on the face of the unit and pull it towards you. This will release the unit, no button press- no cigar!!.
phily
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oopps Grrrr

Many thanks Oz may the force be with you Thumbs Up

Next time I will read the manual before I go out and play.
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="phily"]oopps Grrrr

Many thanks Oz may the force be with you Thumbs Up

Next time I will read the manual before I go out and play.[/quote]

Same here phily, i did the same thing, i thought that button was to release the sd card, silly me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 14 of 35

Jump to: