Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I add a POI to TT3 bluetooth?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I add a POI to TT3 bluetooth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madalex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: How do I add a POI to TT3 bluetooth? Reply with quote

There are a few gatso's by where I live that are not recorded.
How do I add them to my TT3...any help please for a complete newby?
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Adding Gatsos Reply with quote

Hi Madalex,

The best way would be to submit the details of the gatsos to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com so that they are included in the next update of the Pocket GPS World Speed Camera Database.

That way everybody gets to benefit from your sightings! Thumbs Up

Regards,

Bo Peep.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need software to capture cameras as you drive, use CheckPOInt 2.0.2 (CheckPOInt 3 is not very suited for this purpose). It's available in the downloads section of this site.

Once you've recorded the cameras, send your CheckPOInt.ov2 file to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com

David
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Oops... Reply with quote

Oops, it looks like I gave the old email address there instead of the new one! Embarassed

I got that from the very first post about the Speed Camera Database coming into force, so perhaps I should have checked the date of the post and remembered that the site has changed names since then... Laughing

A sheepish

Bo Peep.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura - don't feel sheepish. For most purposes the pocketgpsworld.com and pocketgpsworld.com domains are totally interchangeable. I'm pretty sure all the email addresses work equally well using either domain.

David
philbattenburg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the best way to add speed camera locations into TT3 which do not appear on the speed caera database POIs is as follows.

1. switch on TT3
2. open "file" in bottom left of screen
3. open "properties"
4. open "advanced"
5. scroll right down to "Hardware buttons"
6. click on say, button "4" menu bar
7. scroll through various options until "Memorize position"
8. Close properties.
Now, when you drive by any speed camera, at the point when you are besides the camera as you drive, all you do is press button "4" (or, whichever button you've selected for "memorize position").
When you get home, whilst TT3 is in "map" mode,
9. open "find" (the magnifying glass icon) and open "recent location" you will then see an icon with 4 white arrows in a red circle with a name of the location besides it; this is the precise location twhere you pressed "memorize position' so is the location of the speed camera you want to record.
10. press on the name of the location and a window will open
11. select "show on map"
12. press on the exact point shown and another window opens
13. select "add as point of interest"
14 in window under "type" select "pocketgps uk sc"
15, type in "name" field the identity of the camera
16. close the window and the speed camera icon will now appear at the point you selected.

It sounds like a lot of stages but it takes just a few seconds to add each camera location.

Alternatively, if you can identify a speed camera location just by looking at the map, then you can start at stage "12." and add the points to your database that way.

If you want to send the co-ordinates of a speed camera which did not appear in the pocketgps POI database to the managers of this website database, then
1. click on the location of the speed camera in "map" mode to get the flashing 4triangles in a circle "centering" icon on screen.
2. open "tools"
3 open "go to co-ordinates.."
4 Note the longitude and latitude figures of the location.

It's simple.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the painful way around - though it does work and I have used it myself. If you use CheckPOInt 2.0.2 (not version 3), you can use a hardware button to capture camera POIs directly into CheckPOInt.ov2 easily. This doesn't work properly in CheckPOInt 3, which is why I recommend CheckPOInt users who want to use the Pocket GPS camera database to use 2.0.2.

I prefer GPSAssist 2 to CheckPOInt, though the POI recorder component is still in closed beta at this time.

David
madalex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: POI Reply with quote

Thanks everyone...how do i set up the hardware buttons? please forgive me i'm a complete novice to all of this. 8O Confused
madalex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: PS Reply with quote

and how do I send OV2 files?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hardware button setup to record a POI is done on the CheckPOInt menus - I forget exactly where. You need to make sure that you configure the same button in the TomTom Navigator Properties screen to default function - otherwise the function programmed in Navigator takes priority.

To send the .ov2 file in with your recorded cameras, you email it to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com - this is probably best done from your PC. To copy the file from your Pocket PC to your PC, you can use the Explore button in ActiveSync, My Pocket PC, Storage Card, and go into your map folder, then click on the file and press CTRL C. You then need to browse to a location on your PC where you press CTRL V to paste the file. (Unfortunately this is a bit clunky - for reasons to do, I believe, with ActiveSync's file conversion features, you can't directly manipulate files through the Explore function).

David
mrklaw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for being a bit thick, but I've just recorded a camera, so am looking at how to submit it.

I'm using checkpoint (3.2 I think), but only to warn of pocketGPS locations. I'm not using any of their built in camera databases.

Do I still use checkpoint to store locations and submit? Do I need to do anything to TT3 (currently only set to show pocketgps POI)?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: