Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - G300 drops bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

G300 drops bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: G300 drops bluetooth Reply with quote

I updated my Go 300 to Tomtoms Navcore 8 the other day, it looks more impressive than the old version and has loads of new stuff.

I tried to connect it Sony Ericsson's bluetooth dongle (MBR-100) so I could listen to the sound and music while on my motorbike going to work. The problem is that while listening to music and directions the sound drops for a second every 10 secs or so.

I've searched here and Googled it but I can't find anything.

Thanks in advance
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you manage to get Navcore 8 onto a 300. As far as I'm aware, the latest version for x00 is 7.903. Cobbling a later version onto it could lead to unstable performance.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated using Tomtom home but not sure what it gave me, a mate bought a disc round and we uploaded it on my sd card and put it in. (I didn't do anything wrong did I Shocked )

Everything runs fine with my maps I already had, was looking at buying new ones from the Tomtom web site think UK is about £30 now.

The unit is very stabble, haven't done a long run yet though. have played MP3's fine and installed POI's included cameras with no probs.

Did I do anything illegal with the Navcore, thought it was only illegal to copy and install maps Crying or Very sad

rob
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right - TomTom have always issued Navcore freely, so you haven't stolen anything from them.

But as far as I'm aware, x00 devices don't do music. If your mate is capable of getting a Navcore on there which plays music, he's pretty crafty. But you're way outside support and help. As the x00 isn't up to the Navcore 8, count yourself lucky if anything works and put up with any failures, but I don't think we here can help - we'll be a bit reluctant to get involved with a function which TomTom would condemn. (Personally I'm too dumb to even think how to deal with this).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, thanks anyway.

aren't sure if its the Bluetooth receiver or the Tomtom that's at fault without having another Bluetooth headset to try and pair it with.

was hoping with all the experience on here someone might have an idea

Rob
Jolly_Roger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 300 has the slowest processor of the series, mine slowed down when I upgraded to Navcore 6 . The bluetooth was only intended for low volume data transfer on this model so it's probably having trouble finding the time to do all you are asking of it. Navigating takes priority so bluetooth gets suspended every few seconds !
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whats the Bluetooth on the Go300 used for? Can it be used for handsfree calling? if so how, cos I can't workit out. Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 300 doesn't support handsfree calling all it can be used for is a date connection to the serevers at TomTom via your phones data connection (GPRS) this offers the Weather, Buddies and the subscription based Traffic system - Note this is not the same data as you get with the HD Traffic offered with the Live devices - Mike
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! ok thanks for that

So its not going to do me any good for what I want. Crying or Very sad

Oh well, got this at a very good price from the lady next door when my Sat Nav PDA died

May have to save up for a Rider or Zumo bike one

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: