Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Haicom 204S locking on problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Haicom 204S locking on problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Haicom 204S locking on problem Reply with quote

Hi i am having problems with my Haicom 204S and TomTom 3 software, I have a Toshiba E400.

The problem i am having is when i first got the unit it worked ok, but lately my TomTom GPS is not locking on, i just get grey bars on the GPS screen and it does not lock (there are at least 5 or 6 sats in grey).

I have tried wiping PPC and reinstalling everything as well as trying different drivers, none of this makes any difference. Some times it locks on after 10-15 mins some times (not that often) it locks within 5 seconds, others it just does not lock.

can anyone please give me some pointers as i have tried all i can think of.

Thanks
mlew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Haicom 204S Reply with quote

Seem to have solved this.

I have taken the Haicom back to the supplier and swapped for a new one, when i removed it from my car noticed slight cracks on the case. I have heard the old version of this was prone to sun damage but havent heard about this on the 204S.

Has anyone else had this type of sun/heat damage on a 204S?
davidj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any physical damage on mine, but if I leave the 204s in the sun when parked up it will not lock on.

This is not really a problem for me as it is not hardwired, and to deter theft I hide it away. On the few occasions I have left it on the dash on a hot day though I get nothing untill it has had a good blast from the aircon.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: