Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What the hell is goin on?!?!?!?!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What the hell is goin on?!?!?!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
buy all means keep us informed if you wish but pls tone the language down Evil or Very Mad we are pg rated site

So I can't say 'Bloody'? thats the only word thatcomes close to a swear word, and you might find I censored myself with the f word.
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is sorted, tomtom relented afterall, and gpsystems.co.uk had also made progress from their end. All in all it was a tomtom problem, it seems they have duplicated product codes so watch out.
klik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomo1340 wrote:
alix776 wrote:
buy all means keep us informed if you wish but pls tone the language down Evil or Very Mad we are pg rated site

So I can't say 'Bloody'? thats the only word thatcomes close to a swear word, and you might find I censored myself with the f word.

If this is the attitude and terminology you use on here in the cold light of day, it's not really suprising that customer service departments are reluctant to help.

They are only doing their job and more often than not, it's not their fault that you have a problem.

Be nice and smile, it goes a looooong way. Very Happy
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello klik, I don't think that you noticed, but it is over 3 years since he last swore! Smile

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 years & still using foul language?! tsk tsk
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klik wrote:
tomo1340 wrote:
alix776 wrote:

If this is the attitude and terminology you use on here in the cold light of day, it's not really suprising that customer service departments are reluctant to help.

They are only doing their job and more often than not, it's not their fault that you have a problem.

Be nice and smile, it goes a looooong way. Very Happy

I don't see the point of bringing this old thread up again after 3 years but seems how you have I am happy to address it.
I didn't actually swear either in the post or on the phone or emails to either Tomtom or the reseller, I was polite to them but firm. I was disgusted that I was unable to activate a legitimate copy of the maps and I found it outrageous that both companies actively blamed each other very early on and neither of them took ownership of the problem until they were pushed.

I don't see how my terminology on here could mean I don't have a right to have my problem sorted, I had spent a lot of money on maps that were specifically bought for my holiday and because of the problems I came on here to whinge, incidentally whinging on here was a means to solve my problem as I was PM'd off here and my problem was sorted.
Working in a situation where you come into contact with dissatisfied customers I understand that its not always our fault something goes wrong, but we are strictly forbidden to blame other departments or working partners and we are expected to take ownership and put things right, I agree with this policy. it certainly wasn't my fault the product that arrived had been activated to another device, and I felt at he time and I still feel now that I was within my rights to complain. I am sorry if you disagree.
I have had my problems with tomtom since this as they wouldn't let me port tomtom 5 onto my new device as I had done it once before so I ended up buying tomtom 6, its their policy and that's fine, I don't agree with it but I abided by it. Interestingly I heard recently someone had their phone stolen, no problem there as the insurance payed out but even with the crime reference number tomtom refused to let them port the product to the new device under any circumstance.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: