Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Missing Cameras From Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Cameras From Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liketohelp wrote:
I have also noted that they are a few hundred meters out should i also submit the correct position

Yes please - we like submissions to be as accurate as possible, so if you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.

...some changes even qualify for a free lifetime subscription, so please submit the corrections and then keep your fingers crossed.
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
liketohelp wrote:
I have also noted that they are a few hundred meters out should i also submit the correct position

Yes please - we like submissions to be as accurate as possible, so if you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.

...some changes even qualify for a free lifetime subscription, so please submit the corrections and then keep your fingers crossed.

Should i also include the ref no of the camera it refers to on the CSV data base
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liketohelp wrote:

Should i also include the ref no of the camera it refers to on the CSV data base

If you don't, how will anyone know which camera is to be changed?
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liketohelp wrote:

Yes please - if you select the "Change existing camera" option, add any heading info (if it's not there already), insert the correct co-ordinates and add a comment in the comments box about why you're correcting the location, heading etc. It might also help if you duplicate the correct co-ordinates in the submissions comments box so that it's perfectly clear what changes you've requested.

The submission comments help with the goings on behind the scenes and make it more likely that your submissions will be acted upon
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
liketohelp wrote:

Yes please - if you select the "Change existing camera" option, add any heading info (if it's not there already), insert the correct co-ordinates and add a comment in the comments box about why you're correcting the location, heading etc. It might also help if you duplicate the correct co-ordinates in the submissions comments box so that it's perfectly clear what changes you've requested.

The submission comments help with the goings on behind the scenes and make it more likely that your submissions will be acted upon

Which camera base should i use --PGPS Masters and Pmoble CSV
or PGPS UK SC CSV because the same cameras have different reference numbers in each data base or do i just state which database i am refering to
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liketohelp wrote:

or PGPS UK SC CSV because the same cameras have different reference numbers in each data base or do i just state which database i am refering to

Eh?
The cameras should ALWAYS have the same ID number in EVERY version of the database.
Of the database names you mention:
"PGPS UK SC CSV" is the confirmed sites "all in one file" version, and
"Pmobile CSV" is the unconfirmed mobile sites

But I've never heard of one called "PGPS Masters". What is that please?
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
liketohelp wrote:

Eh?
The cameras should ALWAYS have the same ID number in EVERY version of the database.
Of the database names you mention:
"PGPS UK SC CSV" is the confirmed sites "all in one file" version, and
"Pmobile CSV" is the unconfirmed mobile sites

But I've never heard of one called "PGPS Masters". What is that please?

The Pmobile csv file is achually called PGPS Masters and Pmobile .csv.
If you download the database for the Drivesmart,unzip it and you will see the 2 files that i have named
If the camera id is the same in both files can you explain what ref no i am looking for. is it the figure in the far left hand column . if so then in one file the ref no is 6989(pmobile) and 6592(UK.SC.csv0 or do you only go by Lat and Longitude.
I am new to this site and i am trying to understand how everything works so if i see things wrong i know how to put them right. The questions i ask may seem stupid to you but they are not to me
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest way might be just to use the map on the submissions page - click on the camera icon in question and it will show the camera ID just beneath the bottom left hand side of the map.

This will show camera ID, speed and heading info.

Don't worry, once you've made a submission or two the process appears much easier than it does when you're looking at it for the first time
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I certainly don't think your questions stupid!

but the way it was written made it look to me that you were downloading THREE files which didn't sound right to me. I've never had cause to download the Drivesmart version but have done so now and see here are TWO with the names you said.

Not having a Drivesmart, I cannot know how you are alerted to each camera type, and in the recent change of page layout the instructions have disappeared from the downloads page so I can't even look those up.

However, I stand by the statement that every camera or mobile site has a single, unique ID number, but the numbers you are quoting don't sound like them! Most are in the 30,000's and the lowest ID is 13028.
You can see these ID numbers if you use the Google map on the submissions page - click on a camera on the map and it's ID is shown in the bottom left corner.

If there is a normal camera and a pMobile in the same vicinity, then that is what exists or has been reported.

Hopefully someone else can help with the format of the DS download and tell you what those numbers you are seeing actually mean.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the cameras might be GATSO:1791@40 and another might be GATSO:1794@40, so these are old cameras without heading info
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
liketohelp wrote:

from the coordinates ;)

i have a feeling the 'reference numbers' you refer to are actually the line number in the file. what program are you opening them with?

inputting the coordinates into the google map will suffice, don't worry too much about the camera id number i can find that from the coords!

MaFt
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

from the coordinates ;)

Not sure how you can do that if the co-ordinates of a camera are being changed! How will you know which one is being moved? Or do you just assume its the closest one?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
MaFt wrote:

from the coordinates ;)

Not sure how you can do that if the co-ordinates of a camera are being changed! How will you know which one is being moved? Or do you just assume its the closest one?

Easy Peasy.
He has got the old co-ordinates they are in his .csv or on the submission map, he knows the new co-ordinates. Send them both Very Happy

Although I would have thought that using the submission map to cahnge the cam's location would be the safest and least ambiguous method. liketohelp keeps referring to his .csv files to get the ref, so perhaps he does not know how to use the submission map???
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Firstly, I certainly don't think your questions stupid!

but the way it was written made it look to me that you were downloading THREE files which didn't sound right to me. I've never had cause to download the Drivesmart version but have done so now and see here are TWO with the names you said.

Not having a Drivesmart, I cannot know how you are alerted to each camera type, and in the recent change of page layout the instructions have disappeared from the downloads page so I can't even look those up.

However, I stand by the statement that every camera or mobile site has a single, unique ID number, but the numbers you are quoting don't sound like them! Most are in the 30,000's and the lowest ID is 13028.
You can see these ID numbers if you use the Google map on the submissions page - click on a camera on the map and it's ID is shown in the bottom left corner.

If there is a normal camera and a pMobile in the same vicinity, then that is what exists or has been reported.

Hopefully someone else can help with the format of the DS download and tell you what those numbers you are seeing actually mean.

Ihave used the google map on the submissions page,clicked on the camera,but all i see is the latitude and longitude---i have looked at all three views map/satalite/hybrid i cannot see any camera ID i dont know what's going on
If it helps the camera i am looking at is (i got thes co ords by clicking on the camera, and copy /paste the lat/long given at the bottom left hand corner just below the map window Centre Latitude: 53.82171410733407 Longitude: -1.6075658798217773
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Daggers wrote:
liketohelp wrote:

from the coordinates ;)

i have a feeling the 'reference numbers' you refer to are actually the line number in the file. what program are you opening them with?

inputting the coordinates into the google map will suffice, don't worry too much about the camera id number i can find that from the coords!

MaFt

OK i can agree that i am looking at the line number .i am opening it with microsoft Excel 2007
However when i try to cross ref the google co ords with the co ords in the csv file i can match longitude but not the latitude.Centre Latitude: 53.8216507749883 Longitude: -1.6072466969490051 is the camera i am looking at.i have had to move the cross hair to the right slightly to get the correct longtitude but the latitude does not match at all.If i am right this camera is a Trevelo/40 but has no header,and is in the wrong place.
I am not frightened of using the sumissions page i just want to submit correct information,because there are a lot of cameras around leeds which have either moved or been taken away so the database is incorrect and it would be nice to download a database wich is correct.Not only does it help me but it helps so many others as well

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: