Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Missing Cameras From Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Cameras From Database
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Missing Cameras From Database Reply with quote

I live in leeds and people on PGRSW have just helped me to get my DS working again.However there is one site where there are a lot of cameras (Abbey Road/New Side Road) and my Ds picks up some of the cameras but not all of then.What i want to know is how do i check that they are on the Database.They are showing on the map on the submissions page,but i dont want to submit them and feel a fool if they are wrong.These cameras have been there for sometime.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map on the submissions page is the best way to check.

If you feel there is a genuine camera missing, submit it and it'll be put forward for verification.

Don't worry about feeling a fool.
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
The map on the submissions page is the best way to check.

If you feel there is a genuine camera missing, submit it and it'll be put forward for verification.

Don't worry about feeling a fool.

Does that mean that if the camera is showing on the Google map then it is in the Database
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the submission map page

Quote:
The submission map below now shows active sites, pending mobile sites and your own submissions that have been provisionally included (i.e. not every submission) but awaiting verification - they will not show up straight away but will be shown as coloured squares / cross-hairs to differentiate them from active cameras.

Also don't forget if you are talking about Mobile sites the more submissions the better.
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
From the submission map page

Quote:
The submission map below now shows active sites, pending mobile sites and your own submissions that have been provisionally included (i.e. not every submission) but awaiting verification - they will not show up straight away but will be shown as coloured squares / cross-hairs to differentiate them from active cameras.

Also don't forget if you are talking about Mobile sites the more submissions the better.

I am talking about 8 Gatso's and Truvelo's along this route which have been inplace for well over a year and my DS only picks up 5 of them .Should i submit the 3 that my Drivesmart does not pickup
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Missing Cameras From Database Reply with quote

liketohelp wrote:
They are showing on the map on the submissions page,but i dont want to submit them and feel a fool if they are wrong.

Are you saying that they ARE on the map on the submissions page but NOT in the database on your DS?
liketohelp wrote:
Should i submit the 3 that my Drivesmart does not pickup

If you feel that a camera is missing from the database, then please submit it.

There are no fools here and if you use the hybrid view on the submissions map, that might help you to locate the camera more easily.

All camera submissions are verified, so if there is a duplication or error with a submission this will be picked up before a camera is added to the database.

If these cameras are already showing on the submissions page, a number will be displayed just below the map when you click on the little camera symbol. Make a note of the number(s) of any camera(s) showing on the submissions page but which isn't present on your DS and post them back here for people to see specifics and maybe somebody can shed some light on it for you.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could it just be that the heading (direction) data is incorrect? if the cameras are shown on the map then they will be in the database. it could be a problem with the heading that is stopping the DS alerting you

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
if the cameras are shown on the map then they will be in the database.

But could it be that they are not yet in the 'latest issue' of the db? or the issue that the OP has?
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
But could it be that they are not yet in the 'latest issue' of the db? or the issue that the OP has?

I wondered this, but if you look at his join date and compare that with the comment that cameras have been in place for more than a year, I was trying not to say anything which might deter the OP and I thought it might be best to get camera IDs so that we might have something to work from
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_Fan
Point taken about the time the cams have been there but please rest assured that my last intention was to put liketohelp off, but an offering of a possible answer to his question.

liketohelp wrote:
Does that mean that if the camera is showing on the Google map then it is in the Database

as surely the ansere to this question is:- Not necessarily, it depends on the timing of submission/addition to master database and the release of the 'next' database issue. Or is my reasoning wrong??

But in his specific case, my answer is not relevant. Embarassed Sorry.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
...............it could be a problem with the heading that is stopping the DS alerting you....

I found this recently with my DS and submitted the new heading data.

liketohelp, if you go on the submissions page, find one of the three cameras and click on it, see which heading it shows in the data given in the left corner at the bottom of the map, the heading compass is above the map, which explains the numbers.
If it is wrong fill in the boxes above the map, to give the new heading and change the other boxes showing update of camera etc, then do the same for the other two cameras.

You have to remember that the DS works on directional info and is only one of a few GPS devices on the market that does, which is why the DS is better than the competition.

If the camera is giving the wrong heading (direction of traffic the camera is catching) then the DS will not respond.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT
Your post was relevant in the sense that it was adding another possible answer.

liketohelp
Although you haven't yet provided camera IDs, a quick look has shown that some of the cameras are showing on the submissions map BUT are not showing any heading data.

This means that we would definitely like your help with the other cameras, please.

If you visit the submissions page and find the cameras which you say gave no warnings. For each camera, you will need to know the camera ID and choose the "Change existing camera" option. Remember that the directional information is for the direction of travel, not the direction the camera is facing (this is an easy mistake to make).
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
M8TJT
Your post was relevant in the sense that it was adding another possible answer.

liketohelp
Although you haven't yet provided camera IDs, a quick look has shown that some of the cameras are showing on the submissions map BUT are not showing any heading data.

This means that we would definitely like your help with the other cameras, please.

If you visit the submissions page and find the cameras which you say gave no warnings. For each camera, you will need to know the camera ID and choose the "Change existing camera" option. Remember that the directional information is for the direction of travel, not the direction the camera is facing (this is an easy mistake to make).

I Have had a look at the Csv file and found that the particular cameras have no heading data entered ---can i enter the heading values into the csv file and then load it onto my DS to test it out
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liketohelp wrote:

I Have had a look at the Csv file and found that the particular cameras have no heading data entered ---can i enter the heading values into the csv file and then load it onto my DS to test it out

yes, but pleas also submit them into the site!

MaFt
liketohelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
liketohelp wrote:

yes, but pleas also submit them into the site!

MaFt

Ok i will do that and then submit them.I have also noted that they are a few hundred meters out should i also submit the correct position

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: