Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP iPAQ 6915 TTN and Flight Mode
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP iPAQ 6915 TTN and Flight Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkpart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: HP iPAQ 6915 TTN and Flight Mode Reply with quote

Can anyone help. I have a HP iPAQ 6915 and have problems with it and TTN 6. I gave up with this a few months ago because the voice commands would not work. I uninstalled everything. Today I have re-installed and the system will not connect saying I am in flight mode. Reading other threads I have turned all the wireless options on as suggested but none work. I'm not sure taht the vloice comands work either. Any ideas anyone?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which setting have you got for your GPS setup on the device I.e. other bluetooth or Other NMEA GPS device or something else and ione assumes the phone isn't actually in flight mode when you are getting this warning - Mike
linkpart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Mike, Many thanks for replying. There are no explicit settings for GPS than I can find. The Help function suggests that the GPS function is totally controlled by the application i.e. TTN6. I did not know that there was a flight mode on teh device. Like other HP iPAQ's I think, flight mode means phone off, bluetooth off and WiFi off. However I ave tried getting the GPS to work with all these on, but the TTN6 application says it can't switch the GPS on because the PDA is in flight mode. I notice other threads which say something similar about flight mode, but I canot find a definitive answer anywhere. Any other suggestions?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get at the GPS settings within the TomTom Navigator applications as follows:
Start TomTom Navigator
Tap the sat strength meter (lower right corner)
This will bring up the Status Summary screen, top right is another sat strength meter tap that
Now you will see the GPS Status screen, top right is a smalll yellow / black disk, is this spinning or not?

Lower left of this screen is a button marked "Configure" this takes you into the various options associated with GPS set-up - Mike
linkpart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, Tried that - the little yellow disc is not spinning and when I go to Configure I only get one option which is Coordinate display. On the GPS status page it says No GPS Device. before I re-installed the software it said Flight Mode. Where next?
linkpart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Mike, Found a number of threads about problems with TTN6 and iPAQs. Many suggested tinkering with the registry - which I was a bit nervous about. Also decided that I probably had deleted some of the original GPS files on the device, so bit the bullet and did a hard reset. BINGO - everything back to normal and working fine. GPS in particular very responsive. Thanks for trying to help. Merry Christmas

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: