Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is there such a system?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there such a system?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiasco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Tried the weather service still TT cant see data connection. so i tried to manually configure again - i did notice that the connection string was missing some charaters of the end, so i added these sadly no difference.

So just to make sure things are working with regard to the TT i docked with PC and used the control my TT feature - then i navigated to TT weather, whilst connected to pc the device connected straight away to the weather service.

My conclusion there is something either wrong with the connection settings or i need to allow connection to this specific service within the BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) as i administer this i just need to check with BES support on Monday.

If anyone has this successfully working with 02 can you post your connection settings please so i can rule these out.

Many Thanks
JF_1976
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just another voice asking for help with the BB8800 and tomtom GO (in my case 510) wireless data connection.

I am also on O2 contract. Interestingly, if I take my O2 sim out of my BlackBerry into another mobile, the wireless data connection works straightaway. So it looks like a BlackBerry specific problem.

If anyone can post the manual O2 connection settings, that work, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a BlackBerry expert but I do know that internet access on the device can be served in a number of ways, the most commen being via Blackberry maintained service which is not the same as fill internet access would normally be.

You'd need to speak to your service provider to clarify this? On T-Mobile with web'n'walk we thankfully get full GPRS data access.
fiasco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Sounds like a BES issue then, i will talk with BB support on Monday.

JF_1976, Its very interesting that when you put the SIM into another phone it works - this shows that there is nothing wrong wth the data connection supplied by 02, this appears to be a device specific thing.

Hence the BES is the most likely cause as this controls what has access to features of the handset. do you use a BES server? i.e do you recieve emails to you BB? If so is probably thorugh a BES installation or similar.

Regarding the connection setttings though these do not work for me, but just in case you get a different outcome.

Country + Operator = United Kingdom

Service = O2 Postpaid

Username = mobileweb

Password = password

IP = select automatic (DHCP)

DNs1 = 193.113.200.200

Dns2 = 193.113.200.201

The Dial for a GPRS / UMTS network is : *99#

Login script is constructed: at+cgdcont=1,"ip","Access point name","",0,0

This was the bit that was missing with mine = ,"",0,0

One last thing, Can you put the SIM the handset that does work and view the connection settings? Would be interested to see if they are the same as when the SIM is in the BB 8800.
benlovejoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Garmin Zumo 550 does everything on your list. The traffic FM antenna you want is the GTM21 which I got on ebay for £70. It includes a lifetime subscription to Trafficmaster, and the Zumo then automatically reroutes as necessary to avoid traffic holdups if the diversion will save you time. The ETA is displays also takes account of any holdups that are not worth diverting around.

Ben
JF_1976
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiasco,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to post the O2 settings. However, they don't work for me.

You are correct, I do use a BES server (well, my company do, and it is a company BlackBerry). I will have a chat with the administrator to see if a rule or policy is blocking my access.

I have just put my O2 SIM into an old mobile (Samsung D600) and was able to pair & enable wireless data with my tomtom straight away. I connected to the tomtom plus weather service, just to prove the connection, and it worked OK.

Interestingly, the O2 settings (under "GPRS Settings" on the Samsung) for web access are different to those you reported:

Proxy IP
Proxy Port
APN
wap.02.co.uk
Login ID
o2wap
Password
password

I have tried manually putting these settings into the tomtom, when my BlackBerry is on, with no joy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: