Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mio c210 v3.2 update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mio c210 v3.2 update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leetaylor001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: mio c210 v3.2 update Reply with quote

Hi there.
my first posting as this is my first GPS device.i recently bought one of these and used straight from the box with pleasing success.
i then attempted to update using disc supplied, seems to have been an error on my part.
the update wasnt successful and i now find my little gps chum constantly rebooting itself in a vain attempt at normality?

the boot process begins normally but when the on-screen message reads "mainscreen load" an error message stating "fatal error" appears and the unit constantly reboots.

is it something i have done or is this something others among us have experienced?

my pc meets all requirements and followed instruction from disc to the letter........ I think.

i would be most greatful for any help/insight into why this has occured.

best wishes
Lee Confused
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee,

I think that what you've actually done is an install from the disc rather than an update.

To update your Mio, you have to register with "Mio Club" (http://www.mio-tech.be/en/mio-club/mio-club.php) on the Mio web site. Then you have to login to Mio Club, download and install the Mio Updater Tool onto your PC (a download from the Mio web site) then run the Mio Updater Tool.

It may be worth repeating the install process from the disc before attempting any update just in case something didn't go quite right the first time you tried it.

I think you'll also find that the software on the disc is MioMap v3.0 but v3.2 is the latest version. This might be another indication that you've installed software from the disc rasther than updating it as you thought.

When you run the updater tool you have a choice of which updates you wish to install.

*** The update process may take a while though so make sure you do it when you're not in a rush. ***

Good luck
leetaylor001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: c210 issue Reply with quote

Hi there.

thanks for the info.

the same day i got the unit i had registered to mio-club, then tried to run the disc.
i had replaced the dvd cd-rom drive for a cd burner and this meant that my disc wouldnt work.
i then re-installed the dvd drive and the disc worked but during updating the update paused (froze) while installing the french language update!! and since then the internal system of the unit finds a fatal flaw which results in a reboot which constantly connects then disconnects to the PC making the pc state that the process (attempted update/installation) cannot continue.

i shall try again with the process you suggest but if the afore mentioned is something of a different type of problem and you could help, i would be grateful to you.

Many thanks in advance

Lee
Smile
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively, you could try getting a friend, neighbour (or somebody passing on the street Laughing ) to duplicate the contents of the DVD onto CD for backup - and use in your CD burner.

I believe that the MioMap software on the DVD is only a few hundred MB and should easily fit onto CD.

As far as I'm aware, the copyright laws permit the owner to make copies for backup purposes, so you're alright there.
leetaylor001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: mio c210 Reply with quote

Hi there.

since i installed the dvd drive the disc works fine enough.

the thing is though that the mio unit is the problem.
when i switch it on the system boots and various files/menus are said to be loading, however when the unit says "mainscreen load" the unit freezes then states that a fatal error has occured and the system shall reboot.

this disconnects the unit from the pc which causes the pc to state that the gps device cannot be found, until the mio unit reboots just about long enough for the disc to be used..... but the mio finds the same process fault and reboots before .............hang on de ja vu?
i really wish i hadnt bothered with the bloody dvd and just kept the thing as is. the little unit worked well, even when i tried my best to fool it!

many thanks for your time and efforts to resolve the sanity of my gps and me

Lee

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: