Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion 210 running tomtom and gopal
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion 210 running tomtom and gopal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Medion 210 running tomtom and gopal Reply with quote

I have installed tomtom5 on my Medion 210 also tomtom5. Here is how using Activesync i renamed menu.exe in My Flash Disk Folder to xmenu.exe. I then renamed showtaskbar.exe (on my drive) to menu.exe i then copied this from my drive to the flashdisk folder so when the unit boots it displays the desktop and menu bar. I then rename the original menu.exe to Gopal and put a shortcut to it on my desktop. Then i installed tomtom 5 and put a short cut on my desktop, so now i can run either program and both work fine, Only problem i have is if i do a hard reset ie take out the batteries it seems to reformat the unit back to it's original state. So to overcome this i made a backup with activesync so if i ever loos power i can put the system back on in two minutes not the best fix i know. So if anyone knows how to stop the unit reflashing itself back to original after a hard reset please let me know thanks
Herculez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose a different approach for my TomTom 5 install on my PNA205..

I modified menu.xml to include a TomTom icon that launches TT5.
It's fairly simple to work out how to do and doesn't require any messing about with regedit and works after resets..

I moved the POI app into the 'multimedia' group and put my TomTom icon next to the pre-installed software (I still need to run this to change the time zone, although I might think about adding an icon to run control panel or the Date/Time applet)
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Medion 210 not the same as Medion 205 Reply with quote

Hi nice to see you have yours working ok, The thing is mine is a 210 and not a 205 there are no xml files on startup.The menu.exe is the first prog to startup and the windows directory get writen on startup so anthing you put in your windows directory 210 get wiped of. The only part of the unit that does not get wiped is the Flash disk. The only way around this i can find is to have an sd card with AutoRunCE.exe and MNAVDCE.CAB plus aygshell.dll. You use Backup manager to make a backup then get this backup file to autorun from sd card so when the unit cold boots it puts all your stuff back on after the unit has flash itself to factory settings
simmo50_1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all seem to have found a way of putting tom tom on your medion go pal 210s, i need to get maps working on mine for u.s.a. wots the best way round this, i have been in touch with medion and they dont sell maps on an sd card for these with u.s.a maps any help appreciated thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: