Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One V2 - Safty Camera Install
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One V2 - Safty Camera Install
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james_jamz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: TomTom One V2 - Safty Camera Install Reply with quote

Right ive installed them as it says on the site, when i open up tomtom home they are listed as installed on the unit, but when i try and enable them, they do not appear in the enable/disable section...

Any Ideas where they are hiding?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, the POI files won't "hide" but clearly there is something wrong with your installation.
Firstly have a read through This ignore the part about Text To Speech, but the rest is applicable, how far do you get with using that set-up guide?
How many other custom POI files have you installed to the device? - there is a limit of 100 custom categories, exceed that value and the device will not list the POI correctly.
Finally you have installed the Camera POI files from this site, they should be listed as pocketgps_uk_..........
Also there are camera POI files issued by TomTom, can you list a couple of the items you can see via TomTom Home, it is possible these are what you are seeing via Home - Mike
Janice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bring this thread back up.....but I am having the same problem.

Safety camera database subscription from TomTOM...30, 40, 50 etc etc . It installs them on TomTom home and they are in there when I look at the tomtom as a device in My computer. (in the map folder)

But on the actual tomtom they are not there to be enabled(ticked) ...not showing up at at all. I haven,t installed any other POI's... there are just the default ones, none of which are enabled with a tick.
james_jamz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the problem! There was too many POI's! :D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James, Glad to hear you have sorted the problem out.

Janice, Please have a read of #7 on the FAQ Page which can be found Here - In short you cannot configure the TomTom Speed Camera Database as they (TomTom) have decided they don't want you to for some strange reason.
If you want spoken alerts and configurable distances for Speed Cameras consider using the Pocket GPS World offering instead. - Mike
Janice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike.

i dont want spoken alerts or configurable distances.

The cameras just show a no. ie 30 on the screen where the camera pops up...that's fine.

Ive had them working before but not now. They are all .ov2 files along with their pictures too... in the map folder... ive tried it by installing on tomtom home and also by removing them and downloading to my computer and copying them into the map folder.

They always appear on the computer as installed...but not when I work the tomtom by hand ... in the POI list. Sad
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice wrote:
Ive had them working before but not now. They are all .ov2 files along with their pictures too... in the map folder... ive tried it by installing on tomtom home and also by removing them and downloading to my computer and copying them into the map folder.

They always appear on the computer as installed...but not when I work the tomtom by hand ... in the POI list. Sad
They are now Enabled from the PLUS Menu in Change Preferences.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Janice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have enabled them from there but they still dont show. Evil or Very Mad

Also.......our other tomtom510 unit has just started to not turn on.
the green light shows while the power button is pressed but goes off when you let go. Ive tried the paper clip trick, but no joy.

Giving it mains power turns the light on consistantly....but still doesnt turn the unit on.

God Im having tomtom nightmares here!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe they only show if you are driving past them. I haven't got them but I don't think they appear in Browse Map.

As to your other problem, have a look at THIS.

Eldar's Post, the last, seems to fit the bill. No pun intended. Smile

Contact him at http://www.satnav-shop.com/

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Janice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im wondering if Im doing right putting the camera files straight into the map folder........there dont seem to be any of the other POI's which show on my tomtom in the map folder.......so where are they then?

Although I must be doing it right... as it does it automatically on TomTom home.

The cameras def need to show up on the manage POI screen and you have to tick them. But they just arent there any more.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot configure the TomTom Speed Cameras in the same way as you can the true POI files, lets see if they are actually working on the device though, try the following:

With the files loaded to the device try planning a route using Advanced planning AtoB/ Address/ Postcode.

Set the departure point as FY43PG (Select Lindale Gardens at the top of the list) set house number as 78

Set the destination as PR41AX (Select Mill Lane at the top of the list) set the house number to 33.

Now go to View Route/ Show Route Demo set the replay speed to 100% (or near to 100%) and sit back watch/ listen, you should get a speed warning very quickly at the end of the first road the device drives down.

As for the other device being faulty - I would check it out with TomTom as the device must be under waranty - it cannot be 12 months old yet - Mike
Janice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right.........I did get a 30mph speed camera come up with an audible beep !

So they are in there .... but hiding!!

Now...why all of a sudden am I not able to select them so that i can change the sound and the distance of the warning any more?

Ive always been able to do that... but I cant if they dont show up in the POI list.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so they are working fine, the problem with the TomTom Speed Camera database is that you cannot configure it in any way at all, (see above) - if you want to alter anything about how these are set-up you simply cannot with the lateset software versions, try the PGPSW offering as that can be configured, customised and played with to give you the exact custom warning system you desire - Mike
Janice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see! We did have a pgps subscription on our first tomtom and thats what we had got used to..........choosing the sounds and distances we need.

Now with the tomtom subscription I was expecting the same.

Think my husband will be getting the pgps one on his device once it's mended (only 3 weeks old actuallly!)

Can you get the speeds to show up with the cameras on the pgps one now?

By the way.........thanks for all your help here everyone....if I get a happy husband out of it.......I might get a quiet Easter!!!! :D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the Pocket GPS World database and install the Speed Zoned file set you will be notified of the camera type and the relevant speed for that camera. It is also possible to have the unit issue a true spoken alert, so on approach to a camera the device would say "Warning GATSO Ahead, Speed Limit is 30 Miles Per Hour"

In the case of your hubby's unit take it back to where you bought it from and get a replacement as it is under 28 days old, should be quicker than sending it away - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: