Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman, Co-pilot or Tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman, Co-pilot or Tomtom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Navman, Co-pilot or Tomtom Reply with quote

I am thinking of buying gps, but know nothing except what I've read hereabouts.
1. The Ipaq 4150 looks good, so I could get an 11b AP at home, or maybe the 5550?
2. I quite like the reports of Tomtom 2, however, I am going to france for a week in the summer, and there is no way i'm going to pay £115 just for this, so the Navman 4410 looks better value. I'm unsure about the Copilot, which says something like 'licence to download European maps'?
3. If Navman what size SD card(s) to store uk and then for France (Bordeaux)? I'm confused about whether it's in 5 files or 7 files, and the sizes.
4. So I would want Ipaq+Navman 4410 package+SD card(s)+Arkon powered mount. would that be everything....power & connecting leads etc?
thank you for your help.
Michael
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I can help with question 2 and 3:

I am going to france this summer too. I chose 4410 for the maps of France.

The maps for the whole of the UK will fit on a 128Mb CF card
France is split into 7 regions. This totals 295Mb.

for Bordeaux you will probably need to install north west and south west France for full route navigation. This will take 132Mb

So to put them on one card you will need at least a 256 CF or use an SD card for the France maps (depends on budget)

I have plotted a route and can say that the maps are seamless when installed.

I have the ipaq 2210 and navman 4410 package and can say that i am happy with it (apart from the maps being teleatlas) The receiver is great once locked onto the sats. I had it in the centre console with no clear view of the sky and it kept a 4 sat lock for a 22 mile journey.

As always it is personal preference as to which one you choose.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: