Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updated TomTom 910 - Slow and Lost Sense of Direction
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updated TomTom 910 - Slow and Lost Sense of Direction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbasra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Updated TomTom 910 - Slow and Lost Sense of Direction Reply with quote

Hi,

I have installed TomTom Home on my PC and when i docked my TomTom 910 to install the latest Speed Camera Database, TomTom Home flagged up a new software version is available, so i went ahead and installed it.

Since then, My TomTom can take up to 10 mintues to locate a GPS signal and also, i have noticed that it has lost it's sense of direction for some places ie my Work.

What shall i do now? Can i revert the software back to a previous version easily or once it's updated, you can't go back?

TIA
bbasra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been reading this forum and FAQ.

I last made a backup using TomTom Home when i bought it in Jan 07, however, only made the backup whilst messing around with POI's so my backup is not a virgin backup.

I've came aross this site too http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/oldboy/TomTomUpdates/index.html where i can download old software versions from however, i don't know which version i had before i updated.

Also, as i have a 910, i did not read the FAQ and have no addition backup of the LoquendoTTS. Can i still back this up now?
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that this might be something to do with quickfix gps that needs refreshing on a weekly basis. I seem to remember that TT update on a Friday so if you log on to TT Home on a Saturday it will download the latest data for quickfix. But someone with an X10 series will correct me if I'm wrong.

So to speed up your signal - I think you should update once a week.

Backup - never too late to do a backup. Do a backup both via TT Home and by using Windows explorer.

Also have a look at the link below - you may find that it answers some more questions that you might wish to ask.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=50045

TT1v3 6.560 1713 UK&NI 660.1199
TTG700 6.520 1387 MoWE 660.1219
bbasra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got home and fired up TomTom Home and noticed that a new GPS QuickGPSFix update is available.

Now, do i update it or should i just revert back to a previous TomTom Application.

I have 3 listed in my TomTom Home Application List

Program
Name: TomTom Application for GO 910
ID: Navigator
Version: 6.524
Size: 9.7 MB
File: E:\­My Documents\­TomTom\­HOME\­Downloads\­navcore_6.524.7711.go910.cab

Program
Name: TomTom Application for GO 910
Version: 6.522
Size: 9.6 MB
File: E:\­My Documents\­TomTom\­HOME\­Downloads\­navcore_6.522.7709.go910.cab

Program
Name: TomTom application for GO, ONE and RIDER
Version: 6.522
Size: 9.2 MB
File: E:\­My Documents\­TomTom\­HOME\­FromDevice\­GO\­Navigator.zip

I don't know why i updated it as it was working fine before. If i were to revert back which version should i use as i seem to have 2 versions the same? :-S
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update the device and then give it a clean line of sight to the sky for a while switched on, it should be fine from that point on.

With respect to a backup I would recommend you create a folder on the PC and using Windows Explorer copy the entire 910 drive to the new folder, make sure you have the PC configured as per THIS Guide - this will cover the Text To Speech issue - believe me you dont want to go the the hastle of re-naming hundreds of files and folders - it can be done (I know how to do this from experiance) - the Windows Explorer backup is the more robust and trustworthy method - Mike
bbasra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once i have updated it, do i need to reset it or do anything else?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope you should not need to reset the device (unless it fails to switch on) - just swich it on let it acquire a GPS position fix and use as normal - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: